Closed Thread
Page 143 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1993
  1. #1421
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully 2011 View Post
    Missmya-I'm going up to 100mg Clomid next month so if you do as well we will just have to be TTC buddies again next month! Here's hoping your metformin is a useful addition. If you have to have a drug at least it's one with a nice benefit...all the ones I'm on make me GAIN weight!!! =(
    Take care and do something nice for yourself in the next couple of weeks xxxx
    Thank you lovely! you too! xx

  2. #1422
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny Queensland
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by missmya84 View Post
    Well had my FS appointment and it didn't go so well
    My follicles havent increased and he wasn't happy with the way my ovaries responded. He said looking at my ovaries and my pretty much none existent AF and irregular AF before hand. I'm boarder-line pcos in his opinion. I have to have a blood test Friday but he doesn't believe I will ovulate looking at my ovaries this morning.
    I also have to start metformin today until further notice. Has anyone used this?
    I'm pretty upset about the results of today I thought there was a little bit of hope that this month we can have luck but I'm not that lucky!
    Sorry to hear I was going to suggest PCOS, as since going off the pill in Dec last year my periods ranged from 35-50days, and this is a good sign for PCOS (since i was on the pill for 10yrs, i couldnt remember what AF was like when i was 16, too long ago - so most likely had PCOS ever since my first AF at 12).

    Has your FS also considered Endometriosis?? I have both - PCOS and Endo - had patches removed for Endo a couple of months back (for me my symptoms were irregular periods, and the pain!!). Could be something to look into (if you haven't already that is).

  3. #1423
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello
    How do they test for that? I've have lots of ultrasounds but no mention of having endo.
    Your story is similar to mine. On the pill about 10-11 years went off in January. Irregular cycles then fell pregnant, miscarriage at 10 weeks the no period for 12 weeks only spotting after provera this month.

    I'm just confused as to why I fell pregnant last time (it did take a few months though) then now I have borderline pcos?!? My girlfriend thinks I should get a second opinion but my FS is highly recommended and well known in my area so I'm torn what to do.

  4. #1424
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    603
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked
    17
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Missmya, pcos and irregular periods go hand in hand but it doesn't mean in your case you never ovulate it's just infrequent making it hard to pinpoint your fertile time. pcos can come on from weight gain or for some of us we've had it since puberty.
    I am on metformin, have been while ttc all 5 pg's. For some it aids in weight loss(I wish it did for me!!) as it helps with insulin resistance. This can be tested for via blood but your FS can prescribe it without testing. Some pcos'ers have fallen pg with just the met and not needed clomid. Together with the clomid it may increase fertility. I tried not taking it and didn't respond to the clomid then added it in and it has always helped me to O. pcos is is pretty obvious via u/s and it sounds to me by your posts that this is the case. A second opinion won't hurt but taking met is not going to hurt either way. I'm on 3tabs daily and yeah it upsets your digestive system but you soon adapt and increase it gradually. There are also studies to show that it may reduce the risk of m/c in the first 12wks of pg too. Oh I'm on 200mg of clomid and don't find my side effects have increased with increased with the dosage.
    Sorry that is long winded.

    Fallenangel, yes clomid can make your cycle longer. It depends on how long your body takes to respond to the meds. Hope the cramping settles down. Is it ovary pain or lower abdominal?

    Hopefully, sorry to hear your appt didn't go well. Are you starting clomid again straight away, does your FS make you take provera or the even more horrid....wait and see if AF shows?

    babydust, hope AF is kind when she shows.

    Hi to everyone else.

    I'm having another scan tomorrow and hoping to be able to trigger O in the next couple of days. please, please, please!!

  5. #1425
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny Queensland
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    chook76 took the words out of my mouth. A blood test will diagnose PCOS and usually a lower abdominal scan (although nothing showed up on my scan, but yes to the blood test). I would highly recommend getting a second opinion, the first FS i went to knew nothing about the pain i was in (Endo) and frankly didn't care. My second FS on the other hand knew within 30secs of me talking about my history. If you are in Brisbane missmya84, i can give you the name of my FS, he is very good.

  6. #1426
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so so much girls! Your help is appreciated.

    He said that I'm borderline as my bloods are in normal range but looking at my ovaries and also my irregular cycle, not a very good ovulation rate, pimples, weight gain in the waist area (Looks like im always bloated) he believes I am borderline. He asked if I put on any weight after my miscarriage and I said yes - I put on about 3 kilos or so. He said that even though I'm not over weight that putting on that extra weight can trigger it?!

    I'm sorry to go on about it, I guess I'm just upset and also trying to get my head around it.
    I'll give it a go until next cycle and see how things go.

    Hubby has been reading up on it tonight and there seems to be some really good things about it.

    Thanks again girls.. Your feedback and advise means so much!

    Oh and I am location on the sunshine coast.
    Last edited by missmya84; 17-10-2011 at 21:00.

  7. #1427
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    missmya -so sorry to hear your appointment didn't go well. Hang in there!!hopefully next month will be better for you!

    Chook76 -Thanks i hope so too. It's lower abdominal pain... kinda like period cramping/pulling type pain. I doubt it's implantation cramping as it's WAY too early... but i'm worried it's AF as "normally" it should be due this friday, however i don't normally get period pain AND i only O'd 2 days ago?? I think i might ring and speak to one of the nurses tomorro.

    for everyone else that is either waiting to O or in the 2ww. This has to be SOMEONE'S month

  8. #1428
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    52
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chook76 View Post
    Hopefully, sorry to hear your appt didn't go well. Are you starting clomid again straight away, does your FS make you take provera or the even more horrid....wait and see if AF shows?

    babydust, hope AF is kind when she shows.

    Hi to everyone else.

    I'm having another scan tomorrow and hoping to be able to trigger O in the next couple of days. please, please, please!!
    Hi chook - I have the horrible wait and see for AF. =( FS is doing bloods on Day 12, 21 and 28 to see what happens over the month. I just feel so down today, nothing else seems to matter today =( have a few important deadlines for my work and they just don't seem to be that important. Plus I still have hot flushes and slept so badly last night I was so hot!!

    Good luck for your scan today hun, let us know how you go!

    Missmya, you aren't going on about it, I know EXACTLY how you feel now, and know that you have my sympathies as well xx

  9. #1429
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chook76 View Post
    Missmya, pcos and irregular periods go hand in hand but it doesn't mean in your case you never ovulate it's just infrequent making it hard to pinpoint your fertile time. pcos can come on from weight gain or for some of us we've had it since puberty.
    I am on metformin, have been while ttc all 5 pg's. For some it aids in weight loss(I wish it did for me!!) as it helps with insulin resistance. This can be tested for via blood but your FS can prescribe it without testing. Some pcos'ers have fallen pg with just the met and not needed clomid. Together with the clomid it may increase fertility. I tried not taking it and didn't respond to the clomid then added it in and it has always helped me to O. pcos is is pretty obvious via u/s and it sounds to me by your posts that this is the case. A second opinion won't hurt but taking met is not going to hurt either way. I'm on 3tabs daily and yeah it upsets your digestive system but you soon adapt and increase it gradually. There are also studies to show that it may reduce the risk of m/c in the first 12wks of pg too. Oh I'm on 200mg of clomid and don't find my side effects have increased with increased with the dosage.
    Sorry that is long winded.

    Fallenangel, yes clomid can make your cycle longer. It depends on how long your body takes to respond to the meds. Hope the cramping settles down. Is it ovary pain or lower abdominal?

    Hopefully, sorry to hear your appt didn't go well. Are you starting clomid again straight away, does your FS make you take provera or the even more horrid....wait and see if AF shows?

    babydust, hope AF is kind when she shows.

    Hi to everyone else.

    I'm having another scan tomorrow and hoping to be able to trigger O in the next couple of days. please, please, please!!
    No AF signs this time around...hope it shows up soon...first cycle it arrived within 3 days and had an awfull AF....painfull like hell!

    Hope you girls are doing fine...such a nice day in melbourne today...too bad i have to work while my DH is having a day off

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

  10. #1430
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully 2011 View Post
    Hi chook - I have the horrible wait and see for AF. =( FS is doing bloods on Day 12, 21 and 28 to see what happens over the month. I just feel so down today, nothing else seems to matter today =( have a few important deadlines for my work and they just don't seem to be that important. Plus I still have hot flushes and slept so badly last night I was so hot!!

    Good luck for your scan today hun, let us know how you go!

    Missmya, you aren't going on about it, I know EXACTLY how you feel now, and know that you have my sympathies as well xx
    I'm feeling very down today as well. Not in a good space at all. I'm at work but wanna go home. Just wanna send some and hope you feel better soon! x


 

Similar Threads

  1. Clomid Support thread #12
    By MonsterMummy in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:05
  2. TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #3
    By VintageLover in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1480
    Last Post: 25-05-2013, 22:24
  3. Clomid Support thread #11
    By mam83 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 1001
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 20:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Medela Australia
Our goal is to give mothers and babies the best possible support for a great and long lasting breastfeeding experience. Medela have a full range of breastpumps and breastcare products, suited to every need and lifestyle.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!