+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm jealous of them!!

After having kids my pets are such hard work tokeep up with I am committed to giving them a home until they pass on so I'm stuck with them LOL

I dream of a home with no cat hair & no kitty litter or dog spew/poo to clean up! (my dogs 15yrs old so has accidents sometimes)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok this is going to be a bit disjointed but please follow me...
    Dh and I had a puppy (costly one at that) before dd came along and when she do the two of them got on really well.
    At age 3, the puppy developed a very serious Back problem which lead to her being in constant pain and losing all use of her back legs. After a week of helping her do everything, it was getting worse and we had to have her put down. Her breeder is really upset as well and will give us a puppy whenever we are ready...

Dd is 2.5 at the moment. Dh works full time and I work 4 days. I am out of the house from 6:45 til 5:45 every work day. My mum comes here to have Ed when we work.
    It would be unfair to expect her to take care of a puppy too...
    Dh has sporting commitments in the evening so does that from 6:00 til 9:30 leaving me and dd.
    Neither of us feel it would be fair on a puppy at the moment...
    Do we want one? Yes. Would it be fair right now? No.
    Will we one day? Yes.
    Sometimes it isn't just about what we want!

Oh and in answer to the op- what do I think? Part of me thinks they must have a good reason and part of me thinks it's their life and not my place to judge.
    Last edited by kezanazz; 24-03-2012 at 08:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rommi View Post
    My house doesn't smell. The dogs are fed a good quality diet, their bedding is clean and cleaned often. I chose a shorthaired low smell breed as well.

Not everyone who ahs indoor animals has a smelly house.

They even sleep on the leather lounges
    Oh yeah I know. Not all houses with animals smell. Some do though. I knew a girl whose lounges were covered with dog hair and the place stank *shudders*

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have any pets at all. I have 4 young children, they are begging for a puppy, I really detest dogs so we will not be getting one. Okay iguess I shouldn't say we don't have any as we do have a fish!!
    My husband also got attacked by a dog when he was 5 and it left him with very visable scars on his face, he has never been very comfortable with the idea of a dogwith young kids.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think they're weird. But those that don't like animals in general are weird.
    I'd love to get a pet once we live somewhere where we can have pets or if I own my own home. I would get one when DS is older & can help take care of it a lot better. However, it has to be when I can afford it. It's still another mouth to feed & vets don't bulk bill.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (24-03-2012)