+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    Could you have a cat run outside?

Something like this perhaps?
    That's amazing.

We've got a huge garage under the house and we've meshed that in so they have the run of that, but definitely future plans for a cat run into the backyard. Considering cat meshing the veranda as well.

Despite all my complaining, I'm some sort of cat addict as I went to Pet Barn before to get food for them and spent 10 minutes looking at the kittens (they have an RSPCA adoption centre there). So cute. But no more cats for us. We only wanted one, but then the inlaws found 2 stray kittens who the RSPCA were going to euthanase, so we ended up taking them as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There's nothing wrong with not having pets

Not everyone's situation is ideal for having pets in their care.

There are plenty of negligent jerks out there with pets - does this make them a better person than me because I don't have pets?!!!

We desperately wanted a dog for years, but we have been renting for years and it's too stressful trying to find a rental property that accepts pets. I'd much rather wait until we buy.

Our almost 14 month old DS is all the responsibility we want/need right now. I don't think we'll get any pets until he is at least school age.

Weirdo, signing off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Our dogs stay outside, they are not allowed in full stop. Not only bc we have polished floor boards and I'm worried about them scratching the floors, but it's the hair and the smell. Not a fan of the dog smelling house

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gruffalo  (24-03-2012),hopefully2  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house doesn't smell. The dogs are fed a good quality diet, their bedding is clean and cleaned often. I chose a shorthaired low smell breed as well.

Not everyone who ahs indoor animals has a smelly house.

They even sleep on the leather lounges

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The way I see it is that I already have 2 pets, my kids. That's enough for me as I'm a single parent and the thought of having to look after anything else would just be a hassle at this point.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would wonder if they know the enormous JOY an animal can bring a family if they've never had an animal ( ok , a CAT !!!!!) before .

And if they have had an animal and it's not for them , good for them for staying pet free, better than having one and it being uncared for :-( Pets are a lot of responsibility , I can completely comprehend someone not wanting that . For myself though , I can not envision a life without pet cats ! Sure , I am a lover of every single creature great and small , but cats are my absolute love , my little kindred spirits lol <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love animals especially dogs but I think there's nothing wrong with people not having pets by choice. Some don't like babies, some don't like animals... it's their right and their preference, as long as they don't harm anyone I don't judge them or label them weirdos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love animals, we'd all very much love a pet here. With 2 kids, one of them with aspergers, a baby on the way, a husband who works long hours and living in a rental..it's just not a good option for us. We're not weird, we're responsible. I know I would be the only one to take care of it, and I can't right now. We also count afford all that having a pet entails.

One day hopefully it will happen, but not anytime soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    The way I see it is that I already have 2 pets, my kids. That's enough for me as I'm a single parent and the thought of having to look after anything else would just be a hassle at this point.
    LOL I'm happy to tell anyone I would much rather another child than a pet aka a dog! And i definately dont want anymore children.

Guess this must make me weird. TBH I'm just not an animal person. I'm allergic to cats, sadly they are a major nuisance in my neighborhood so we don't really like them anyway. We do have a goldfish and I have a lovebird, who yes has a name and who is being a major pain in the ar$e as I'm trying to tame him :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a pet..
    Our yard isn't suitable for a dog and I'm allergic to cats. Fish are boring and I'm deathly afraid of birds.
    One day we want to get one but at the moment we will settle for a baby lol.