+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have 2 cats, a bird, a dog and a fish!

I love animals but I don't think anything of people who don't have them. They are hard work and I love them so much! But if anything ever happened to my pets I don't think I'd get more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think people who don't like pets are odd. People who don't have them for time/space constraints I can understand. I think every child deserves to have a pet, they are great company and can teach a child a lot. I have a dog, two cats and a bunch of fish, and have always had pets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post
    Am so torn, and also embarrassed at myself for always regarding people with no pets as weirdos
    Wow OP! What an odd belief to have!! No offence but you should be a little embarrased about this!

My DH and I used to have a dog but we chose to give her away due to the fact that we are never home and so she was alone all day until about 6pm. She's a very needy dog who needs constant affection and needs to be petted all of the time and it was driving us crazy and I'm sure she couldn't have been too happy with the situation either. I felt super bad for her because she was alone all day and so we gave her to my MIL. Now they're both stoked to have each other and they go absolutely everywhere together.

So no, we are not weirdos or freaks, in fact I believe we are selfless and loving for having given her to someone who could give her all the attention she needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sorry for children who grow up without pets. I have two lots of friends whose children are petrified of our very gentle but friendly dogs. One lot even freaks out over the cat. Ridiculous. I always have to lock them away in the laundry. My dd calls our pets her brothers and sister and has regularly played role playing games with them. People without pets are missing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 2 cats, 8 fish and a mouse. The cats died recently, aged 14 and 15, (DD had known them all her life)3 of the fish have died and yesterday our lovely mouse died aged 4.
    It has been a hard lesson for DD to learn. Her grandfather and aunt died last year, she has had to deal with so much in such a short space of time.

I will not be getting anymore pets until she is older.

People say 'oh but its a good life lesson for them'.....why?? Why is it good for her to feel the hurt and pain of a loved one, pet or human, die at such a young age? Wouldnt it be lovely if they didnt have to deal with that until they are adults and could hopefully understand and cope a bit better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have had a few animals over time but i didnt have the time for them in the end. One now lives very happily with my nana.

We are getting 1 fish soon. Its about all the time i have currently. Eventually i am thinking of fostering cats as they arent as needy as dogs even though i would love a dog but its not fair on a dog to be locked upstairs all day while i work.

I dont generally think anything of people without pets. Everyone is different and an animal may not fit into their life atm. Doesnt mean they havent had one or they will never have one.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it's odd people think it's odd meh some people just don't like pets, it's not a biggie. We have 2 dogs, infact we just got a puppy. The kids love her.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i think people who have pets and treat them like they would a child odd.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Gruffalo  (24-03-2012),Maybelline  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    i think people who have pets and treat them like they would a child odd.
    Sometimes when you can't have a child it is the closest thing you will ever get.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-03-2012),Zombie_eyes  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammyla View Post
    I am an animal lover through and through but I don't believe everyone should have them. I devote my spare time to rehoming unwanted dogs and it's very simple, people should be made to do a course, spend a day destroying unwanted dogs and being educated on proper nutrition and training before they are allowed one. There are so many bad pet owners out there that I would much rather them not have one than ruin a perfectly healthy and happy puppies chances of survival. I cringe when I hear of people breeding their dogs. I always think to myself, well there is another lot of puppies we could possibly have to make the hard decision for in a few weeks/months or years time. Pets are a lifelong commitment and if you aren't willing to give that to them, in my opinion I would prefer you to not have one.
    This^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast