+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Meh, we grew up without pets, most of my friends had pets, one of my friends came to school with dog hair on her jumper a lot and i thought, eww that's gross! lol But it wasn't till i was older and been around dogs that their hair gets absolutely everywhere! My sisters dog used to live in the house, he pee'd everywhere, his dog hair went everywhere even in the chux i was cleaning the dishes with! Gross, and the house smelt like damp wet dog all day, it was horrible. I hate the smell of dogs and i don't like patting them anymore cause i feel dirty and have to wash my hands, if kids touch dogs i make them wash their hands too, i think i'm way to much of germa-phobe to have a dog these days.

I stayed at my friends house to pet-sit while she was overseas, she had a bird and a golden retriever and some fish, i spent so much time worrying about being home in time to feed the dog, change the birds water, clean the bottom of the bird cage, pick up dog poo from the backyard, and clean up all the stuff the dog wrecked when you're not home, i just thought, bugger that, i didn't find any enjoyment from the pets, they were just a hassle. We have fish and that's about as far as i wanna go with pets, though DS1 is at the age where he really wants a pet cause our friends have them, it's tempting but i just do not want the responsibilty, the added cost, the amount of extra cleaning you have to do, the pet bills, the food bills, ergh, too much hardwork for me! lol And we're the crazy ones!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How unusual is this thread lol

hrm well Im not a pet person...

I rent
    I'm in a unit
    I have allergies to cats & dogs (well, fur mainly)
    I HATE cats
    I am scared of dogs
    I don't like dogs anyway
    Birds are noisy and annoying
    Rabits and guinea pigs are boring and dull

And I can't think of any other regular house hold pet, aside from fish or farm animals if you lived on a farm...I think fish are different - they can be pretty dull and boring but I find them pretty and calming, they're more like an accessorie to the living room. And I dont live on a farm so any farm animals are irrelevant to me.

HOWEVER, aside from these reasons, I just dont WANT a pet. I don't want the responsibility of feeding it, cleaning it, walking it, playing with it, cleaning up after it etc...and because I can't handle death and pets die and its sad because you get attached to this fury stinky PITA fluff ball of sorts, and then it's gone...I find it unnecessary heartache - yes people die but I'm not a loner, and you get more time with people lol

BUT What I want to know is, what do you think I'm missing out on? I Really want to know...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unconditional love

I love my midnight headbutts, licks, hair chewing, the comfort kneading on my bare skin (neck/head/face/boobs!).
    They rub their heads on my face because I kiss them
    I hug them, sing special songs to them (I have a super cool rendition of Fergilicious where Ive used their names :laughing
    I chat to them and they chat back ..

I just love my bebecats!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Suzi446  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ugh!

that sounds horrible to me...i love all that stuff - from my DF and DD...not from an animal lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my boy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ahve always had pets, and still have them, multiples of them.

They are well trained, clean and a joy to have around. I do not have to rush home to feed them, theya re used to being fed within a 6 hour gap. If for any reason that didn't happen they wouldn't like it but would survive quite well until I could feed them. IT would only happen in an emergency. My animals do not pee inside and are dried before they come in so I do not have a germy house that stinks.

I think people that really dislike animals are quite strange. Some people like one type - no worries, but really dislike all animals of all types - yep I think they are weird.

My dogs are my down time. I love walking with them and training them. IT is my kids free all about me time. WIthout it I would ahve gone mad and very nearly did for the short time after my dog doed and I had a baby then got another.

I had a 2y0 a 5 month old baby and an 8 week old inside puppy. Yes at times it was hard, but it is and was soooo worth it. I will never be animal free and only was for a short time until I got my own place after moving here.

My dog time is what keeps me sane

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rommi For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (19-03-2012),Suzi446  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I'm self confessed pet obsessed, until I had kids, they were my life in every way, horses and dogs in particular.

I can understand why people DON'T have pets... it is a little weird to me, coz for me no matter how busy my life is, I would still want pets. But I can understand, and don't find non pet owners weird.

BUT - and I don't mean to upset anybody here, but I'm just being completely honest... I can't be around people who don't like animals period. They weird me out. *shrugs*

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our reasons:

1) DP has allergies to most animal hair
    2) We rent
    3) We live in a small terrace and will be going into a unit soon
    4) We both work full time, long shifts (12 hours) so it'd be alone too long, that wouldn't be fair
    5) We like being able to go away without worrying about a pet being looked after
    6) We currently live with other people

We do want to get a dog, but it won't be until we have kids and I'm at home at least part time. I don't think it'd be fair for us to get a pet when we're time poor and unable to give it the attention it'd deserve. And I don't want a fish or something just for the sake of having a pet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I could say that I don't mind if you don't have pets, but I think it's strange if you don't like pets. It kind of irks me when my BIL quietly scowls at our pets and I feel for his kids that they are afraid of them, and our pets don't even come up to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always had a pet growing up, two usually - a dog and a cat. Never even gave a thought to people who didn't have pets.

I live in an apartment so can't have pets. If I lived in a house where pets were allowed, I would get a dog, for sure. Maybe even a cat. I miss having pets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast