+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    We've been away for 2 weeks or more before He comes with us! He's very transportable like that
    Tell me more please?
    Ok when you have 1 I think it's easier having 2 is harder. Do you put them on a plane? Awww I could not do it
    I WISH there was a plane where our dogs could sit with us. They are part of us so I don't want to throw them in a cage in with the luggage
    We are thinking of driving down to Melbourne with them eeeek maybe hire a caravan ....

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's weird at all Having show dogs from a little girl and also owning horses/birds and cats my whole life I wouldn't know what life was like without a pet on a permanent basis.

However I find that to people who grow up without pets or much involvement they probably think us pet lovers are the weirdo's!

I personally prefer to have my fur babies in my life and as we have the facilities I am often a sucker for adopting senior animals and giving them a great life in their last couple of years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think they're sociopathic freaks

I realized after reading this thread that none of my close friends with children have pets, not one. It probably explains why our cat gets mobbed when kids come over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Tell me more please?
    Ok when you have 1 I think it's easier having 2 is harder. Do you put them on a plane? Awww I could not do it
    I WISH there was a plane where our dogs could sit with us. They are part of us so I don't want to throw them in a cage in with the luggage
    We are thinking of driving down to Melbourne with them eeeek maybe hire a caravan ....
    Mine is the "only pet" haha but we also mostly travel by car so he sits in his harness on the seat in the back with his best friend - my daughter

We've only been away on a plane once since havin him for about 2 weeks and one other time only overnight with my brother and daughter staying here with him soon after we brought him into our lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are weird lol! I'm a very animal friendly person and tend to find other animal owners more approcable and friendly, we have a dog several fish and a horse and a pony I couldn't imagine not haveing something in my life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I don't understand people who don't have pets. I understand that some people like animals but can't have pets due to work, financial or living situations, but to me there's something wrong with people who don't actually like animals at all.

I've always had pets in my life, we currently have a cat & two dogs (probably more in the future!) & they are all treated as our children. They are a massive part of our lives & our son absolutely adores them, they are his siblings!! If we go out for the day (visiting family or friends) we nearly always take our dogs with us, I love them so much that I want them with us as much as possible. Our fur babies are so spoilt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never thought about it to be honest!!

Always had pets as a child..right up until I left home! My ex wouldnt let me have cats because he hated them I had a dog that I had from 15, oh how I loved her!! But she snapped at baby DS so she went to live at Mums I was heartbroken but my (human) baby had to be safe!

As soon as ex and I split, I got a cat! Rescued the poor boy from a paint sniffing teen who didnt feed him He came to us with cigarette burns to his tiny face.
    DH moved in and we got him a friend, also
    a horribly abused rescue..she still has a crooked tail from it being broken and a piece of ear missing
    2 years later and we got another little boy purely because DH and the kids thought he was cute!

DD has two fish...Finn and Quinn ...

DS wants a ferret! He can have one when he leaves home, they terrify me!

Id like to say no more cats.... But Im eyeing off a Norweigian Forest Cat!!

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't think anything. where does it say you *have* to have a pet? answer- it doesn't. so if they don't want one, are allergic to certain animals, are renting a pet-free place, etc.. good on them.
    but yeah until this thread i honestly hadn't thought to think anything about them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't find people without pets weird.I think its weirder when people treat their animals like their kids.Like my cousins dog who had a setting at the table for xmas dinner!! WTF?
    And my other cousin who I had to block on FB,coz all she talked about was her bloody dogs!!!!!
    I had a zillion pets as a kid,me and Mum were discussing it the other day.We have a cat.I wanted to get a bunny,then I discovered you arent allowed them in QLD!!! SUCK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash the thread but I'm a no pet person...

Never thought it was weird and I don't think animal people are weird.

I had pets when younger but not for long periods.

I grew up with a huge family and had lots of baby cousins to take care of. I think I see pets as children and a huge responsibility. And I am glad I don't have to worry about what to do if I am out or the costs for the vet etc.