+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have Ergon available here. Ours is that easily during winter. It's much higher during summer even when we are away. Highest one so far is $1600 over summer and that is average for our area. That's with 2 adults and 2 under 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, my bill is massive! I live in far North Queensland in a 3 bedroom home so the air-con is a must.

During those couple of months of "winter" where we can survive on just fans and open windows my bill is about $800.

That's with 2 adults and a toddler.

During summer it can reach $1200!! But my house isn't insulated. So air-con is a major energy drainer :/ We are with Ergon but don't have a choice in our energy provider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Interesting to read what others are paying. We just installed a 5KW solar system (which I am not yet convinced was worth while....). We get paid next to nothing for what we put back into the grid, so still pay around $150 per quarter (that's night time/cloudy day usage).
    Previously our bills ranged from $500-$800 from memory. 5 bedroom house, pool, ducted reverse cycle aircon, 2 adults 1 child, SEQ. Our hot water has always been solar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 5kw solar system, but only realised it wasn't switched on properly about 30 days into our last billing period. We ended up with a $600 power bill after a $200 solar credit. And there are only two of us in the house 😁
    The solar system is now generating about 30kw a day on a sunny day, so hopefully the next bill will be less. Hoping to offset aircon usage over summer because I'll be home with a newborn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    Wow, my bill is massive! I live in far North Queensland in a 3 bedroom home so the air-con is a must.

During those couple of months of "winter" where we can survive on just fans and open windows my bill is about $800.

That's with 2 adults and a toddler.

During summer it can reach $1200!! But my house isn't insulated. So air-con is a major energy drainer :/ We are with Ergon but don't have a choice in our energy provider.
    Wow thats expensive. Last summer we were living in an old queenslander in FNQ that wasn't insulated or well designed (ie. stinking hot) with 2 adults and 1 baby, electric oven and hot water and 1 aircon and our summer bill was under $400.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klkgraham View Post
    Hi mums,
    Wondering whether the $900 electricity bill we got this winter is normal for a family of 6 or way too high.
    2 adults
    2 teenagers
    1 toddler
    1 baby
    No gas in house so used oil heaters & air conditioner for heating. I'm home during the day on maternity leave. How does my bill compare to other families? Thanks
    That sounds about right for what you have described.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to know your tariffs. When are peak times? Are you on time of use or a flat rate. If time of use and power is cheap overnight then run washing machine and dishwasher overnight and try and turn heating off during the day when it's expensive. Know your tariffs people. It's the start of understanding your usage and bills

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 4 living in our 3 bedroom older house. Dp, 2 kids and myself. We don't have gas at all. Last quarter our bill was $430 which was a jump from the one before which was $320. We didn't run any heaters at all during winter but we do have an older washing machine and 2 fridges running plus the tv is on most of the day. Apart from that nothing gets used apart from the odd appliance here and there or when I'm vacuuming. I'm with agl and live in outer north brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS lives on his own and recently changed electricity providers. He was told that turning off and unplugging unused appliances saves electricity .. Just thought I'd share