+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My last bill was $770 for 3 months. 3 bedroom house with a small study/4th bedroom, 1 bathroom, large kitchen and lounge room, basic hallway and laundry. We have aircon, in the lounge and bedroom area only, which was running on most of the hot days of Summer. I do use the dryer a fair bit, and wash in warm water about 3 loads a day.

Have electric hotwater, and cooking. Our bill jumped from $500 last Summer. And Joy oh Joy, they read the meter this morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours is approx $280 per quater (we have gas heating and hot water which is approx $80- $100 per bill)

We live in a 3 bed 1 bath double brick home. Have a 5 car brick garage that has full power running to it and a back shed that also has running power. I am another one who has the TV on all day with the music channels on, I cant stand the silence when the kids are at school and kindy

We have not really used the cooling all summer, maybe 5 times (evaprative), I don't use a dryer and we hardly have lights on. Other than that though each bedroom and the lounge has a TV (2x plasmas and 2x old school tiny ones), we have games consoles x2 , microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, very large fridge, laptop and desk top pc's, internet running through the garage 24/7, use cook top/oven at least once a day etc but we really try not to leave things on if no one is using them IYKWIM.

We are in VIC

ETA - 2 adults and 2 kids

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone got a smartmeter? We got ours installed about a month ago and are due to get our quarterly bill in the next week. Just wondering if I should brace for badness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Has anyone got a smartmeter? We got ours installed about a month ago and are due to get our quarterly bill in the next week. Just wondering if I should brace for badness!
    We got our smart meter about 6-8 months ago, to be honest there didn't seem to be much of a difference. Our bills have been slightly higher (from $350 to $395 a quarter) but I just put it down to the price rise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    our last was our biggest... $407 for the quarter

so through summer(and heavily preg) aircon was on 70% of the day. dryer did 1-2 cycles a day as it was to hot for me to go outside and hang out washing.

we have 3bdr, 2 bath, 2 story, electric cooking/hot water. oh and there is 3 of us.

not too bad considering. we are pretty savvy with turning things off at the powerpoint etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In WA, ours during summer is Electricity $550 Gas $50, during winter Electricity $250 Gas $350.

That is with ducted evaporative cooling which runs pretty much 24/7 at the moment, and in winter we have 1 gas heater. Also have gas assisted solar hot water system.

When I lived in Tropical North Queensland, in summer we would easily have a $1000-$1200 a quarter bill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My last bill was $590

It's usually anywhere from $350 - 600 depending on the season. Or aircons run consistantly through summer so that's a huge contributor, and I don't use a heater in winter so that brings it down in the winter months.

I also use the dryer constantly, nothing gets hung on the line in our house, I'm too lazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    We have had one full billing cycle since having ours installed and it was still within about $10 of what I was expecting. I think it probably comes down to how accurate the last bill readings were, we had the bill before last checked not estimated IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Our summer bill was $200 but that was a very mild summer and the heat wave we had wasn't included in that bill.

Last bill was $500 I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $960 we have 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and its quite a small house. during that 3 mths aircons ran all day and in 1 room at night. we had the kids in with us at night. given the fact it was 45 degrees plus and not much cooler at night i was pretty happy. Were in western qld. we turned off the hot water system for 4 mths as it was already hot enough from the weather. we hardly use the tv and we are home most of the time. We have 2 adults and 3 children. We have a huge fridge and massive freezer going all the time. we rarely use the clothes dryer.
    Last edited by Ready To Run; 06-04-2011 at 12:23.