+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    just saw i had another bill online and for the quarter that has just gone, its $107.44 which i am in credit for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    missie, i was going to ask you about how to read the meter properly. i have been looking at just one number but there are 2 on the bill so i am unsure what the second one is.

ever since i got a new hot water tank put in, i can no longer wash on hot water which i used to do all my towels and sheets in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you check on how much your bill is throughout the quarter at all? Or have to wait till meter is read?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was upwards of $600/quarter - until I discovered the little trick of switching off my hot water system most of the time. The last bill came at only $180 and I nearly had a heart attack. (In the best possible way.) Who would have thought.

I'm on my own so the bills were crippling me before that. It's a TINY house, and we are really only here at night, but is ancient and all the electric work/plumbing has obviously been done on the cheap and nasty. Dodgy dodgy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is your electricity bill per quarter? around $250- 300

House size? 3 bed, 1 bath.

How many people living in it? 2 adults, 1 child

Aircon? No, but lots of fans

Are you home during day? Only on the weekend and thursday arvo

Tv usage ? At night and on the weekend, we have 2 big LCD's

What state? QLD

Also have a laptop and a desktop which are usually left running

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonmumof2 View Post
    How much is your electricity bill per quarter?

& what's the background
    House size?
    How many people living in it?
    Aircon?
    Are you home during day?
    Tv usage ?
    What state?

I'm first time renter & want to see what mine compares like
    Electricity bill most recent $1137.82 house hold of 8 people.

5 bedroom house on an adverage sized block, more than enough for the dogs and child to run on.

Air con in 3 rooms, kitchen, lounge and my room.

I'm home during the day with DS, FIL, and SIL rest work or study.

Every bedroom has a tv, the lounge, the kitchen, plus we have 6 laptops and 3 desktops (one is our server) Internet we are on a 1 terabyte download limit

We are in Victoria

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I have to say it bloooooows me away how people just have the TV on from waking till bedtime. I think I would literally go out of my mind if I did that!
    I have it on for background noise. No one watches, just on music channels. We don't have a radio of CD player & kids would kill my phone if I put it in the docking station.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2darlingboys View Post
    Can you check on how much your bill is throughout the quarter at all? Or have to wait till meter is read?
    I always check. I go down every few days to see how far the numbers havr changed. I think its about 300 units for my bill to be about 100 for the quarter so i am now happy with that.

So if you just check how its going every few days you will have a slight idea what it will be like each quarter.

Sent from my GT-I9000T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bill is around $400/quarter. Last winter was $580 because of our electric blanket, so its not happening this year.

4 bedrooms, 2 living areas
    2 adults, 2 kids
    Aircon only arvos when its really hot, ceiling fans otherwise
    I am in and out most days
    TV is on 2-3 days a week, and smaller one on overnight

I've come to accept big electricity bills, we don't have gas here at all. I rarely use the drier, only usually to finish clothes off that I have attempted to dry outside first. If I have the heater on then I will bring the clothes in and put them in front of that on airers to dry. Dh thinks its crazy, but I think it saves a little on the bill so its worthwhile.

I've been told boiling the kettle uses alot of energy and I was notorious for boiling it, then getting busy with the kids and forgetting to make a cuppa, then boiling it again & again! Now I stand and wait for it.

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At the moment we are living in a "pay as you go" set up. So we run our electricity meter with .20c pieces! (like a gum machine! extremely irritating at 2 am though!)

Its a 3 room cabin (one bed, shared lounge kitchen and the bathroom. Split system heating.

We spend 1.60 a day, so, umm, about 45 a month?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast