+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $30/fn for power and $30/fn for gas keeps up in credit with both

We have cooking and hot water on gas with the rest power
    Only me and one child here with a dog (if he counts?)
    We have aircon in 1 room
    Fan in the dining room lounge room and 3 bedrooms
    House is kinda large with 3 rooms and a massive laundry with a dryer that we've used this wet wet wet summer!
    No pool or anything in the yard
    We have the fridge/freezer (can't remember size but suits us well) an also a bar fridge size upright freezer that's currently full
    We have a small screen tv that's not used all that often and definitely NOT a plasma or lcd lol
    I turn all our appliances off at the wall and only use lamps/etc when we need them on
    I have 1 laptop without any extra bits like printer and so on

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got our bill yesterday which was $460 which is exceptionally high. I called them and thankfully due to the smart meter the guy had estimated it because their records didn't show we had a smart meter. Lucky I rang and have since found out on FB several other friends also had the same issue!

Mostly it's $300 - $360

Our house is 28m2
    4 bedrooms plus study and 3 living areas. Open plan living which means you can't just heat or cool 1 room.
    No air con - we run fans which is 1 cent per hour.
    Ducted heating - heating makes all the difference.
    TV is on most the day and my music
    My hubby does our washing and against my protest puts most of it in the dryer. So bloomin lazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We pay $50fn ... so around $300pq. We are only ever in credit by a couple of dollars.

That's just DH & I at the moment... baby on the way. I am home almost all the time, had the air con runnning alot over Summer (even when it wasn't that hot!) and EVERYTHING is electric, no gas. TV or music is on most of the time, frog heater always plugged in. We leave a light on every night too. I turn most things off at the point though. We have a combustion heater so hopefully it shouldn't go up at all over Winter!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the 1/4 just gone was $190.

4 bed house.
    Just myself, DP and DS.
    Aircon + electric heater, both used quite abit.
    Home most days with DS.
    TV is always on in the background.
    Whittlesea, VIC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hold on to your seats ladies because if you were giving a prize away for the highest bill I think I would win . Ours for the last 61 days was $1100.
    There are only 2 of us in a very large new home (650 sqm) we r Also supplying a below ground pool and a cool room. We have had the air con on most days but not all day as we both work.
    It has definitely increased dramatically for the same time last year (that bill was about $900)
    And we are conscious about our energy use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett's Mummy View Post
    For the 1/4 just gone was $190.

4 bed house.
    Just myself, DP and DS.
    Aircon + electric heater, both used quite abit.
    Home most days with DS.
    TV is always on in the background.
    Whittlesea, VIC.
    Really? Do you have solar? If not...what company? I want in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our bills were NEVER over $250 for a quarter but the last few have been between $750-$900 we have had ridiculously massive price jump on power in Tassie.

That's for 3 people in a 3x1 open plan 2 story house 100% wood floors

Me and DD are home all day and the tvs nearly always on.
    Last edited by waterlily; 04-04-2011 at 06:15.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by coopalicious coopsicles View Post
    our last bill was $102 for the 3mths. previously we have had bills ranging from $400 right up to $800.

i live in a 3 bedroom house and we have tv going all day. we rarely use air con(think we used it about 5 times over summer with the horrendous heat we had) but we used fans alot.

i am in brisbane and there is only myself and my son
    Oh my goodness! How did you manage to drop your bill so much? Spill! I would love to be able to cut out electricity bill that much!!

Our bill is in the high end of the $400 each quarter. Boo hiss at electricity bills!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It used to be $1200 per quater for a 2 bedroom villa.

It's now about $550 for a 5 bedroom house per quater.

Where I usually live it's a 2 bedroom unit about $450 per quater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Oh my goodness! How did you manage to drop your bill so much? Spill! I would love to be able to cut out electricity bill that much!!

Our bill is in the high end of the $400 each quarter. Boo hiss at electricity bills!
    i really dont know. each night i have a lamp going for coop plus we have a tv going all night too. i cook properly about every 2nd day as he usually has left overs or something simple, loungeroom tv goes from moment he gets up til i go to bed plus kitchen light is on too all night til i go to bed.

i cant use hot water in my washign machine either anymore but we have loads of showers each day too so i dunno if that helped at all. i rarely use my kettle as i dont drink coffee at all.

my phone is generally always charging because it goes flat so fast too so it has been confused as to how its so low. waiting on next bill which is due to be checked now to see if its about the same. the numbers on the meter havent changed all that much so we will see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast