+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    How much is your electricity bill per quarter? around $200. We have gas as well. It's about $200/quarter as well. To have gas and electricity we pay $100 more per quarter then just with electricity. Gas is such a friggin rip off!

& what's the background
    House size? Small 2 bedroom.
    How many people living in it? 4
    Aircon? no aircon (unforunetly!)
    Are you home during day? Yes although not alot gets used during the day.. usually only the computer.
    Tv usage ? It's pretty low. The TV is rarely on during the day... probably only a few hours at night.
    What state? QLD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $544 was our last bill ,normally around $380 but we have had a large increase by synergy for the cost of power since that bill.
    4x2 house 3 living areas with 2 adults 3 kids
    Evap air con on most of summer.
    Home all day with 2 big tvs sometimes 3 going and 8 fridges and freezers (1 freezer was emptied yesterday and 2 of the small fridges turned off to save power) dozens of charging appliances and 4 computers and I only use the dryer altho I have hung out one load since the bill lol thats sort of trying. I am also not sure if the kids have been turning on the sauna ,it was plugged in and they were playing with ther radio in it so they could have switched it on and that uses heaps of power, I have unplugged that now too so will see with the next bill that is with the 26% increase we will have in power cost here as of july the 3rd one in 2 yrs I think that is now.
    Water and cooktop are gas but that bill is high too , and the water system is near new. Solar seems the way to go here seeing we don't have alternative power companys for residencial areas here.
    I am in WA.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 02-04-2011 at 05:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melj83 View Post
    Wow that's impressive! I can only wish for a bill that low.
    It is good, I don't have much elec appliances though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    120 a quarter usually. Was much higher before we got gas and a more modern electric oven. Often 300 a quarter. We have a 4 bed one bath very old small house. I am home most of the day and usually some crap is on the TV through out the day. We don't use many lights. We only use air con in the afternoon. I'm in WA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and only 3 people in our house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    About $180 a quarter. That's for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby.
    We have TV on constantly, 2 fridges running, outdoor freezer, aquarium pump/light constantly, washing 1-2 times a day, aircon on usually everyday, pool pump every second day, laptop on constantly charging...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours is quite high too. Last bill was $640. Largish four bedroom house and one-bedroom granny flat which is only used when we have visitors. We have an old plasma tv which is on quite a bit. I also use the dryer all the time. (I'm very lazy.) We have split system aircons in three bedrooms. They were installed late last year, so supposedly very efficient. Two get used every night. (DH insists on setting them at 22 degrees.) One fridge, one freezer. Two heavily-heavily used computers.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    $115 ($2.22/ day)
    House size? 3x1
    How many people living in it? 2 adults and 1 baby (full time) then 2x 4.5yos two days/ nights a week
    Aircon? nope
    Are you home during day? about 50/50, we are usually out at rhyme time/swimming/playgroup 5 times a week (for about 3 hours a time) Im home alone fri morning (YAY!!) and then we have my nieces friday night-saturday night
    Tv usage ? watch maybe an hour- three in the evening, specially if DD falls asleep on my llap and Im stranded on the couch.
    What state? Rural WA
    our winter quater bill was $600 though last winter, as we had a heater on from midnight to 6am with a new born baby (no heating in the house.
    Our new place has a wood fire, and we areputing solat panels on
    (sorry for my tyoing laptop has freaked out and theres a stupid window open over this one )

Thanks
    Reviews
    $500
    It's an estimate as our gosh dang meter broke.... Our largest bill in the history of bills before that was $250 it's usually around $200 that's with the $20 ambulance cover.
    Hopefully when I get home and complain they will change it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is your electricity bill per quarter? $400 per 2 months
    & what's the background
    House size? 35squares, 4 bedrooms, study, kitchen.dining, theatre and lounge room, ummm 3 toilets and two showers[/COLOR]
    How many people living in it? 2 adults, one toddler and soon to be a new born
    Aircon? Evap cooling, hardly used it this summer though because it hasnt been hot here in Melb
    Are you home during day? most days i am home at some point, im at uni 2 ds per week
    Tv usage ? a few hours a day
    What state? Vic

My answers are in bold. I should add that when we moved in here our bills were much much lower, about $1200 a year[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast