+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Professional carpet cleaners

Hi

My DD is a reflux baby so had turned our dark grey loungeroom carpet into a patchy mess! One of the bigger stains I tried to get out using carpet cleaner but it's made the stain even worse, it's now massive and white - so noticeable!
    So I want to get professionals to come out and clean the carpet but just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the bigger chain companies - James home services, pure dry, e dry, VIP etc. I know these sorts of companies are notorious for ripping people off with their specials and then charging much much more!
    Any recommendation or good or bad experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have not used the professional people, but I use rug doctor from Woolworths.

Our carpets are light green and show up everything! Spilt milk, mud run through the house, coffee spilt, wine spilt (DH not me!). Anyway, I do mine every 3 months and it really works well, they are strain free after every time I do it. I also do it before a party or lots of people coming over, so that my in-laws think I am a domestic goddess haha.

It costs me $35 for 24 hours and it means that I don't have to clear my whole house out at once for a professional. I just clear all the floors and anything easy to move. I don't move our beds or tv cabinet as the carpet under them would be clean anyway. I was told by a company that you have to have all the floors cleared completely, but I am not sure if that is all companies or just the one I called.
    I do the bedrooms in the morning and halls and take the girls out to play while it dries or shut the doors. Then that afternoon before bed I do the lounge. Then in the morning I go over any spots left after is has dried, then leave the house to return it to woolies and spend a day out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd recommend you try the Rug Doctor one from Woolworths before paying out too much for a professional. The problem with reflux is that it is acidic and if it has bleached your carpet, no amount of cleaning will fix it.

One of my cousins was a bad chucky baby and they had the same problem with patches. In the end, my aunt just put up with it until my cousin grew out of the reflux and then put rugs down until they could replace the carpet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I don't have to replace it we are renting! I'm worried it is a bit bleached from the carpet cleaner I used coz it just won't go away. Either that it my carpet is naturally that white and everywhere else is filthy! Do you have to buy the chemicals to go in the machine? I've used the coles britex one before but not the woolworths one

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *PrincessMum* View Post
    I hope I don't have to replace it we are renting!

Because you are renting, Id recommend using a company rather than doing it yourself. This gives you a proper receipt you can give to your real estate to prove you have had the carpets cleaned. Just my opinion