Closed Thread
Page 77 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ren  I can completely relate to what you are going through.

It's like when we started ttc and I was taking all the vitamins etc and dh was not and was smoking and he said lots of men get women pregnant while smoking and not taking any medication blah blah and then when we hit the twelve month mark andhe had all the tests done and his swimmers were on the low side he finally started taking the vitamins and stopped smoking. I was angry at him for ages and in a way I blamed him cause maybe if he took it seriously from the start it wouldn't of taken this long blah blah

It's a hard process and us ladies just have to stick together xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default OPK lines?

Hi Guys
    Quick question, decided to use OPKs this month... ive got a faint 2nd line, i know its meant to be darker than the test line (which it wasnt) for it to be O time but is now a good time to get cracking?? esp considering the swimmers can live in there for a little while... were gonna try the SMEP principles??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Natty & Ren if its any help we have the same convo at my house, im doing EVERYTHING by the book incl the looking like an idiot after we DTD for half an hour lol meanwhile hes smoking and forgets his vitamins... same old 'allmy mates are smokers and they have kids' crap....soooo frustrating
    Good luck i hope June is the month of BFPs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Oh ren  I can completely relate to what you are going through.

It's like when we started ttc and I was taking all the vitamins etc and dh was not and was smoking and he said lots of men get women pregnant while smoking and not taking any medication blah blah and then when we hit the twelve month mark andhe had all the tests done and his swimmers were on the low side he finally started taking the vitamins and stopped smoking. I was angry at him for ages and in a way I blamed him cause maybe if he took it seriously from the start it wouldn't of taken this long blah blah

It's a hard process and us ladies just have to stick together xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulMaiden For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hopeful yeh as I have said before I rarely get a true positive on those things unless I do like 3 per day lol it depends on how much you have had to drink and how concentrated the wee is.

You could wait till tomoz and miss the surge or just chance it and dtd today and again tomoz have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nattie and Ren, I'm currently having arguments with DH over the amount of sugar I'm eating. He's now obsessed with my diet! *sigh*

Hopeful with an OPK you will almost always get a second line, it's just very faint most of the month. I've got a set in one of my albums which might help you see a pattern - although it can vary from person to person.

Edited to add: Forgot to say - that set also shows a (failed) pregnancy, for which I got BFP's but lost at 5w - opks pick up HcG as well as LH... so the post ov'n part of that set isn't "normal" - it wouls normally just stay *really* pale then start again at the beginning (if that makes sense!)

Anyway, I'm excited about my NT scan (booked for 27th at 12w6d), I've just found out that the place my OB is sending me does a 3/4D scan at the end of every U/s and you get to choose whether you have your pics (of the whole thing) as a DVD video or separate photos! Please hang in there Kitten, I really want to see this!

Next (normal) scan coming up on Thursday. Starting to panic again already.
    Last edited by Catkin; 12-06-2011 at 15:10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Catkin For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cat! I love all your opks! Mine is positive today, so it will be good to see dp tonight!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrockfaery View Post
    Cat! I love all your opks! Mine is positive today, so it will be good to see dp tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LachiesMuma View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if I could join your group?. We have been trying for number 2 for about 6 or 7 months with no luck. My charts generally look pretty good and last month I had ultrasounds and blood tests that confirmed O but still no baby

I generally have a shortish luteal phase but I have been taking chinese medicine for the past 2 cycles and I think that it has improved my luteal phase but at the expense of the start of the cycle as this month I think that I o'd on day 12. The ultrasound showed that my endometrial lining was quite thin so I really don't want to be Oing early in the cycle. I think that I will stop taking the stuff next month and see what happens.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to O before getting a positive OPK as I think this has happened for the past 2 cycles for me?
    Welcome Lachiesmuma Welcome! Unfortunately OPK's aren't my friend, so can't give you any helpful advice! However not sure I have heard of O'ing before a positive OPK..

Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I have stopped temping as it doesnt tell me anything except an estimation of ovulation - it doesn't drop until 2 days into AF sometimes silly temp
    I think after another couple of months I will stop temping too - the FS wanted me to temp to see how the clomid changes my cycle.

My temp was 35.01 today. I tested twice just to make sure it was right!

What on earth does this mean!
    I agree with Hokey - it looks like an o dip, and what a lovely one it is too!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Obviously we won't see Silent on here tonight

Hey everyone, thanks for your lovely words today, they were all really helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sadly I'm still here. DP doesn't want me to come around until at least 8pm, and then it will take him a few hours to get in the mood....

How on earth can I seduce him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've missed you all so I wanted to pop in and say hello and let you know what has been happening. We've had some pretty devastating news unfortunately. We found out that DH's semen has antibodies in it which are attacking his sperm. We've been given less than a 1% chance at conceiving naturally.

IVF is our only option (short of a miracle!). Our first appointment is booked for 22nd June with the IVF Nurse. We have to have mandatory counseling and police checks but by this time next month we should be ready to start our first cycle.

I will try to keep up with you ladies, I've been struggling to keep up with my original girls (the Stalkers) and now I will post in IVF but I'll try and visit you lovely ladies a bit more.

Caz when you get a min can you please move me to the IVF section on the front page?

P.S. Any IVF girls that would like to be PM/e-mail buddies let me know, I feel very alone in this journey right now so it would be a great big help.