Closed Thread
Page 28 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    RaisingThree - Don't put too much pressure on yourself sweetie

Catkin - I had a feeling this was a sticky when the BFP happened early, I have everything crossed for you that this is the one!

AFM - I woke up about 4am this morning so I am not sure if my 6am temp is as accurate as it should be. If I had interrupted sleep would it make my temp higher or lower? It was 36.35. I think I ovulated CD 41 considering I've been averaging between 36.05 and 36.20 with the exception of a few single higher ones (previous attempts to O I think). I had full ferns and a positive OPK on CD 40 so it makes sense doesn't it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmieLou For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (26-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Future: with regards bbt, what you need is 3 hours + (pref 5 at least!)of sleep at which point your body's systems, metabolism etc have had enough time to slow down and enter their lowest gear (hence basal). If you have restless or interrupted sleep this doesn't happen and your body doesn't quite hit it's lowest phase. If, on the other hand, you wake up early / are startled awake out of deep sleep your temp is likely to be accurate. In fact, dependant on your normal method of waking, it could be *more* accurate than normal. Example a) You go to bed, sleep from 10pm to 3am and are woken with a start - your temp at that point is likely to be you true basal temp. Example b) You go to bed, sleep from 10 pm to 7am when you awake naturally, the sun is up. At this point your body has probably been waking up and starting up with the sun for some time and you are likely *not* at your basal temp However, if this is your routine then your temps are comparable which is what matters.

If you awake early and then go back to sleep, it can go either way. If you truly awake and struggle to sleep again / get up etc then you've probably reset your temp somewhat and you would need another decent *deep* sleep afterwards to put it back. Waking, or restless sleep will elevate your temp for this reason.

I tend to take my temp in the middle of the night if I wake then, as long as I've had a decent amount of sleep before I wake. I am pretty confident this is good as (before this month...) it would give me virtually flat temps except during hormonal patches when you'd expect it to be up and down.

Hope this makes sense/helps!
    Last edited by Catkin; 26-04-2011 at 18:01.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Catkin For This Useful Post:

EmieLou  (26-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat- I have a very good feeling about this one for you!
    Silent- I second using a mid****** first response
    Mlks- how'd you go with your test today?
    Rippy- hoping af stays away for you!
    Raising- wow, let DP know that most of the time it doesn't happen when we want it to- and to give yourselves some time!
    Wicked- sorry af arrived uninvited.

AFM-cd30 nothin happenin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magic star For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (26-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh. Temp drop. Spotting. BFN. 13dpo.

Sucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripleigh View Post

Sucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, Rip, I had such a good feeling about your chart, that sleeping bag must be a hot box!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rip - for you hun!

Catkin - Yay for another positive HPT! When are you booking in for a visit to your GP?

To all those with BFN's, keeping my fx for the next month. Keep going - it may take awhile but it will happen!

Mindy - If you are popping in here today, good luck with the birth! Can't wait to hear all the good news!

Hello to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripleigh View Post

Sucky
    I'm so sorry Rip

Catkin - Thanks for that fantastic information!!!
    So from what you said I think if I wake up at 3am (or later) I will just temp then instead of trying to get back to sleep and waking up to my 6am alarm. I usually wake up from deep sleep to my 6am alarm (which from what you said is better than waking naturally) so it's just those mornings where I happen to wake up between 3 and 6. My only thing is do I use the BBT adjuster if it's not 6am or do I just take the result as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by mumto3girls View Post
    Mindy - If you are popping in here today, good luck with the birth! Can't wait to hear all the good news!

Hello to everyone else!
    Oh wow I didn't realise!!!! Good luck Mindstah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureMummy View Post
    Catkin - Thanks for that fantastic information!!!
    So from what you said I think if I wake up at 3am (or later) I will just temp then instead of trying to get back to sleep and waking up to my 6am alarm. I usually wake up from deep sleep to my 6am alarm (which from what you said is better than waking naturally) so it's just those mornings where I happen to wake up between 3 and 6. My only thing is do I use the BBT adjuster if it's not 6am or do I just take the result as it is?
    If you wake up earlier, I wouldn't adjust it. As long as you've had a decent amount of deep sleep if you wake up randomly in the night just take it as is. You wouldn't know how much to change it by anyway and chances are that if you'd been that restless, you'd have had an effect in your 6am temp whether or not you'd woken up anyway You can always make a note of it somewhere and discard it if it's completely out of whack with the others. Also, you won't have had a chance for your body to get going at all so you're actually likely to get a more accurate pic of your *true* bbt According to this study 5h is perfect amount of sleep, other places have other numbers.

As you're waking up to an alarm before you'd wake up naturally, chances are that it's going to be pretty similar anyway

If you did start taking them when you woke without an alarm, it'd be fine - but that's where the time is important as it's a rough guide to how much waking up your body has done before you take your temp, the longer your body has to get going, the higher your temp is so your temp after 2h gradual waking is lower than your temp after 3h gradual waking and some swearing at a clock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I thought I'd have a go at charting while I wait out my first FS appointment. I'm fresh in CD4 and absolutely relieved AF arrived following a horrid 43 day anovulatory cycle Hopefully this cycle I actually O

My chart link is

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bk2b

for you all x