+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by otgirl View Post
    Mousse - I am in Melbourne so if you are interested I can give you the details of my FS.
    That would be great. Thanks so much.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousse View Post
    Can i ask what the Bondi protocol is? is it the same as the Colorado protocol.
    Prednisolone from either CD1 or CD7
    Baby Aspirin
    Augmentin
    Estrogen patches
    progesterone?

Thanks.

Hi Mousse,

The Bondi protocol is:

10 mg prednisolone daily starting with first FSH injection.
    After ovulation/or egg collection increase prednisolone to 20mg daily & continue until 12 weeks pregnant or a negative pregnancy test.

Commence clexane injections after transfer until 20 weeks of pregnancy or a negative pregnancy test.

I was also on puregon. I wonder if Dr S will increase the meds for my next FET? I have an appointment with him this afternoon so I'll find out and let you know.
    Last edited by helenmac; 29-03-2011 at 13:34.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Mousse  (29-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone that replied to my thread I really appreciate it. This journey is so tough but the support I've had on here over the years has been invaluable. I'd hate to think where I'd be without it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi again,

From what I have read, many people succeed after being diagnosed with NK cell issues. It may not happen the first or second time, but the treatments can be very successful. I was told that it could well be my embryos in addition to the NK cells and clotting issues and as I said, previously, I have been offered PGD. I am seriously considering this option.

I just had a hyseroscopy and D& C and was told that it can increase implantation chances. I have to say that I NEVER expected to bleed this much. Has anyone else here had the same experience? I always have a light period albeit it a painful one but this is just something else. I feel that all the clots I am seeing re-inforce my previous diagnosis. I always had alot of clots with AF but never thought anything of them.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that whatever your protocol, you get that long awaited BFP ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousse View Post
    hoping4asticky1 - can I ask who your FS is? did he test you for other issues aswell, like thyroid or anything else?
    Do you think it was the clexane that helped this time?
    Sorry for all the questions but I'm also searching for answers as to why its not working for me.

Thanks.
    Mousse - My FS is Dr Kelton Tremellen, he works at Repromed in Adelaide. I actually had all the test's done through a previous FS who left the clinic before my results came through. I was diagnosed with MTHFR, elevated anticardiolipin antibodies, elevated homocystine and high level NK cells

I chose Dr Tremellen due to his experience and his training, he has a sub-specialty in endocrinology and a couple of my problems fall under that. I do believe the clexane helped this time, my results were borderline for a couple of things & although my FS didn't suggest the clexane, I requested it as this was our last go. He agreed to let me try.

I believe we were finally lucky enough to hit on the right combination and dosage of drugs to get a sticky BFP.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4asticky1 For This Useful Post:

Mousse  (31-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I will soon be starting my next FET (I'm waiting for AF to come). Dr. Sacks has increased the prednisolone to 30mg now so hopefully this will be enough to get my long awaited BFP. I'll also be on 20mg clexane as well. Fingers crossed as it's my last FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck helenmac, let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i personally dont think id be over 9 weeks at this point if it Wasnt for using prednisone. After 5 years of full ivf We have never gotten this far. I am looking forward to weening off at 12 weeks. Im abit worried about it, anyone weened off already? How did u go? How slow did u do it? Any side effects? babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Katiana, i too used prednisolone for my BFP and weaned myself off it at 12 weeks as my FS just said to stop taking it once i was preg, which ofcourse i didnt do, i asked around and got some advice and slowly took myself off it by 13weeks, if taking one tab just do 3/4 for a few days then half etc etc, i had no problems at all, and baby was fine. Good luck and Thank god for prednisolone, i love it. ( i have elevated ANA)
    Havehope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by havehope View Post
    Hey Katiana, i too used prednisolone for my BFP and weaned myself off it at 12 weeks as my FS just said to stop taking it once i was preg, which ofcourse i didnt do, i asked around and got some advice and slowly took myself off it by 13weeks, if taking one tab just do 3/4 for a few days then half etc etc, i had no problems at all, and baby was fine. Good luck and Thank god for prednisolone, i love it. ( i have elevated ANA)
    Havehope

thanks for the reply, i guess im worried abut changing anything that has got me here, does that make sense??? now i know i can be done without hurting baby, 12 weeks, here we come.