+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Long term dog boarding?

Is there such thing? at a reasonable rate?

I have been offered a really great unit, and i would be stupid to knock it back because i cant have my dog there... so I want to find someone who will have him for 10-12months until i move again into something bigger? All friends and family i can think of cant have him (he is a big great dane, dont want to burden anyone either)... im not willing to part with him permanently... please help if you have any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was you I'd be looking at an organisation like paws as they have foster careers who are a lot more affordable and a lot more personel for your doggy
    We boarded an old dog there for six months with a career she lived an hour away so we would vist when we could we supplied his food and paid his expenses and she loved him she ended up keeping him as we couldn't take him back hope that helps and you find someone. Goodluck

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you might still find the costs quite considerable for that length of stay. As said above Foster homes are an option, also there are people/businesses who actually do pet sitting at their home and can be for long periods of time.

My mum was a dog shower and would also look after peoples dogs in our home whilst they went away. She had many regular clients including one couple who had two very large dogs and would often leave them with mum at months at a time.

Have a look at http://www.dogzonline.com.au/ and see if anyone is advertising something that may help you. Also you can advertise that you are looking for somewhere to board your pooch for a long term period.

Dogs NSW might be able to recommend somewhere as well. Its worth a shot! Or ask Dogs NSW to see if there are any Dane breeders/showers who look after dogs for people ) You might get lucky!

=)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aaawww if you were in Perth I'd offer to look after your dog, I love GD's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Many breeders also board or long term foster care can be an option