+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long does pregnyl 1500 stay in your system for?

Hi Ladies,

I had a FET 8 days ago and took a pregnyl shot the following day (1 week ago).

I'm currently 14DPO and this afternoon I had some cramping & spotting which has completely stopped now.

I just took a HPT and there is a 2nd line. Not as dark as the first line but very clear and obviously there.

My question is could the 2nd line be from the pregnyl cause it's still in my system? Does anyone know how long it stays in your sytem for?

I'm just holding onto some hope that AF won't kick into full swing but maybe it's a bit of denial at the moment. Ahhhhhh it's gonna be a long anxious night!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It usually hangs around for 5-7 days, 7 days being for the higher dose (over 1500). I tested everyday from transfer day last time so i could track pregnyl leaving and on 1500 mine was gone after 4 days. everyones different though, depending on your metabolism - hopefully though yours is a true BFP - i doubt you would get a darkish result on a HPT from pregnyl alone 8 days after you had it so im going for 'congratulations'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LulusMum View Post
    It usually hangs around for 5-7 days, 7 days being for the higher dose (over 1500). I tested everyday from transfer day last time so i could track pregnyl leaving and on 1500 mine was gone after 4 days. everyones different though, depending on your metabolism - hopefully though yours is a true BFP - i doubt you would get a darkish result on a HPT from pregnyl alone 8 days after you had it so im going for 'congratulations'
    exactly the same here. I tested daily to track it and it was gone after 4 days but the FS said 7-10 days

Test again tomorrow and see if it's lighter or darker.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Helenmac Im going with a "Congratulations" aswell sounds really promising. Pregnyl surely wouldn't be showing up after 8 days never did with me
    Yay!!!!*hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS said not to test until 10 days after the shot. I had read online not to test within 14 days, but that might have been for a higher dosage. your BFP is real!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks soooo much for your responses Ladies, I really appreciate it.

I'm now thinking perhaps it was a chemical pregnancy and AF is on her way.

I guess the only way of finding out is doing another HPT in the morning and fingers crossed it looks darker.

Stay away AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really sorry to crash the IVF thread, but I was frantically searching for this same info 48 hours ago.

This month I had triggered o and then two injections of Pregnyl 1500. I was told to wait 10 days for a bt. I couldn't hold out past 9 and got a bfp on an hpt. My bt confirmed the bfp the next day (yesterday). When giving me the result, the FS' nurse said it usually only takes 3-4 days for that dose to clear your system, but they say 10 to be completely safe.

So... I really hope congratulations are in order. (I also had some very light spotting 15dpo.) Fingers crossed for you.
    Last edited by Windupbird; 24-03-2011 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

My worst fear has happened. AF is in full flow & I took another HPT this morning. There is still a 2nd line but yesterday it was darker. I'm afraid it was another chemical pregnancy for me or it was still the effects from the pregnyl.

Why does life have to be so hard for some of us?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen - im so sorry, i really thought you had it in the bagYou know, just this morning i had a lady come over to buy and pick up some of my DS's baby stuff we wont be using for the twins and she kept referring to her unborn baby as a miracle bub. I said "mine are miracle bubs too, Max was cycle #9 and these two (in my belly) were cycle number 12" she looked at me funny and had no idea what i was on about. When i explained i thought she was referring to having unergone IVF she corrected me that her miracle bub was naturally concieved after 4 months of trying - apparently they thought it was 'never' going to happen...................I understand that all babies regardless of their conception are miracles but really, i just wanted to tell her to pull her head in - not fair

Thanks
    Reviews
    helen: Sorry this cycle wasn't the one I was told that pregnyl leaves the system within 5 to 7 days as well.

lulusMum: I had a friend who told me it took 5 long months to conceive. At that point I had been trying for almost 2 years. I just wanted to