User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Separation of Gestational Sac from Uterus

Hi Ladies

I posted a thread asking the same question about a week ago and only recieved one response so im trying again as i would really like to get in touch with people who have experianced a similar problem.

I had an ultrasound last week @ 6 + 5, following mild spotting over the past few weeks. The ultrasound showed a small separation (Im assuming between the sac and my uterus). I went to the doctor yesterday 7 + 4 and he did a scan which showed bubs is still ok and measuring approx 8 weeks. He wasnt able to tell me where the separation was in relation to the placenta (i had the disk with my images with me but he didnt look... have no idea why?) From what i can tell from the original scan and presuming i am looking at the right thing i think its on the opposite side.

The doctor has told me to come back in 2 weeks and he will re-check bubs to make sure that my pregnancy continues to be viable.

I still dont really know much about my condition except that it isnt very common. The doctor did mention that the problem "could" resolve itself - fingers crossed this happens for me.

Has anyone had a problem the same or similar to this? I would really appreciate some advice as im pretty confused and unsure.

Thanks for reading.
    Little Miss 2009, Little Mr 2013, Angel Boy born sleeping 10/06/11 - 19 weeks
    Angel Boy born sleeping 25/02/12 - 23+5 weeks
    M/C 2008 - 6+4

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain there would be no rainbow." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you didn't get many replies. I did read it and wonder if gestational separation is another term for subchorionic haematoma? Everything you write makes it sound exactly the same. Do you want to look that up and see what you think?? If you think it's the same then that gives you something else to search on.

Me34, DH38 TTC since 2002
    ICSI #4 - BFP = One Precious Princess

ICSI #7 on DHEA+Acu EDD 26/8/11 = One Little Prince

MilliesMumma is offline Amelia born 22nd November 2010, my little angel!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I'm not too sure what it could mean, but couldnt read and not reply.. I hope it's nothing too serious and everything is ok in 2 weeks at your scan!

Our surprise baby was a girl!! 11 days early

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MilliesMumma For This Useful Post:

Giggle&Hoot  (23-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpernickel View Post
    Sorry you didn't get many replies. I did read it and wonder if gestational separation is another term for subchorionic haematoma? Everything you write makes it sound exactly the same. Do you want to look that up and see what you think?? If you think it's the same then that gives you something else to search on.

Hi Thank you for your reply. I originally thought that it may have been but when i look at my scan images i cannot see the distinct black area that all the images of Haematoma show. Maybe im looking at the images wrong? My doctor didnt use the term either...

I would actually be relieved if it was a haematoma as from what i have read the chances of having a successful pregnancy are high.
    M/C 2008 - 6+4

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain there would be no rainbow." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel, I hope I can be a bit helpful. When I was 12 weeks pregnant with Jonty, they detected a small placental abruption on the scan I had. It didn't cause any problems - no bleeding or pain that was more than the usual twinges. But I had to go to the clinic every 2 weeks to check that the baby was growing properly. If the placenta separates completely, the baby doesn't get any nutrition to grow and a partial separation can sometimes have an effect on baby's rate of growth. Complete separation results in miscarriage but a partial separation can mend itself and not cause any dramas. You should be monitored regularly to check baby's progress. I was fine until 31 weeks when the placenta came away completely andmy waters ruptured and I bled heavily. Baby was delivered immediately (he's now a healthy 10 month old) by c-section and I had to have blood transfused because of the massive blood loss. It is probable that your pregnancy will go just fine but you will be watched carefully. When the placenta separates it's quite painful and there is usually a lot of bleeding. Your body will tell you there's something wrong. I know it's hard not to think about it constantly, but try to put it out of your head as much as you can because it can drive you mad. Enjoy your pregnancy and my fingers are crossed that all goes really well. Leanne

Leanne 43 James 43
    #8 on the way!
    Due May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesmummy View Post
    Hi Mel, I hope I can be a bit helpful. When I was 12 weeks pregnant with Jonty, they detected a small placental abruption on the scan I had. It didn't cause any problems - no bleeding or pain that was more than the usual twinges. But I had to go to the clinic every 2 weeks to check that the baby was growing properly. If the placenta separates completely, the baby doesn't get any nutrition to grow and a partial separation can sometimes have an effect on baby's rate of growth. Complete separation results in miscarriage but a partial separation can mend itself and not cause any dramas. You should be monitored regularly to check baby's progress. I was fine until 31 weeks when the placenta came away completely andmy waters ruptured and I bled heavily. Baby was delivered immediately (he's now a healthy 10 month old) by c-section and I had to have blood transfused because of the massive blood loss. It is probable that your pregnancy will go just fine but you will be watched carefully. When the placenta separates it's quite painful and there is usually a lot of bleeding. Your body will tell you there's something wrong. I know it's hard not to think about it constantly, but try to put it out of your head as much as you can because it can drive you mad. Enjoy your pregnancy and my fingers are crossed that all goes really well. Leanne
    Thankyou Leanne
    I wish i knew where the separation was... if only the doctor had looked at the scan images.

The doctor did say i had to go back in 2 weeks to check bubs growth and then i will be having regular scans to check that the bubs and placenta are healthy.

You are very lucky that you and DS are ok. That would have been terrifying.

When i had DD i had a haemmorage while in labour and had to have an emergency c-section. DD needed a blood transfusion soon after birth but she is ok now.
    My new doctor thinks it was some sort of placental abruption which was the cause which had been undetected. The OB looking after me when i was pregnant with DD said that he thought a blood vessal somewhere before the cord had ruptured as when they delivered her there was very little blood in her cord. I dont think they were able to tell from my placenta what the cause was tbh. My doctor is going to request my records so he can go over them.
    M/C 2008 - 6+4