+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked Mumma View Post
    Hi Ladies I'm looking in to WLS I have tried everything but nothing will budge.

I looked at the sleeve but I don't know how I feel about it being permanent kwim. What made all of you decided to go with WLS that you went with?

I'm just trying to decided what would work best for me
    I had the sleeve in may 2010. I was 178.8 kgs at my heaviest. I choose it because I saw it work and band fail in my family and friends.

I breastfeeding my bubs so I will make this quick.

I lost 88kgs and than gained back 13 kgs (which I have just lost plus some doing the zumba)

The sleeve is not a magic cure all for life. You can gain weight if you fall of the wagon. For me it was a pregnancy on bed rest (for other issuse's) and a mum and hubby giving me lots and lots chocolate and icecream etc....

The sleeve helps you lose for 18 mths. You lose most in the first 12 months.

Anyhow here is me at different stages.
    this is my sleeve shots
    https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...1720000&type=3

and here is my lastest weightloss stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1720000&type=3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    anewme is seriously fabulous support and a massive inspiration.

With you J, my life would not have changed as much as it has in the past year. Love you. xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-01-2013),mysticme  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You both look amazing! I think I'm going to go with the sleeve, I looked in to the band 6 years ago but decided not to go with it I'm glad I didn't. I'm 124 kgs & 165 cm my ideal weight would be 70 kgs. I've always been up and down with my weight but now I'm the biggest I've been. I was at the pool the other day and these little called the the fattest person they have saw and that made me realise how big I really am.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss surgery chat

Hi all. I'm glad I found this thread. I have a band which I initially lost 47kg with then started having problems with it and gained back 25kg. Now I'm 23wk pregnant and have put on more. Long story short.... I'm seriously thinking of having sleeve surgery after this bubs is born. I'm thinking will wait until bubs is about 6 months and starting solids do not so reliant on bf if the surgery affects milk supply. Keen to here others experience on sleeve surgery after baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM76 View Post
    Hi all. I'm glad I found this thread. I have a band which I initially lost 47kg with then started having problems with it and gained back 25kg. Now I'm 23wk pregnant and have put on more. Long story short.... I'm seriously thinking of having sleeve surgery after this bubs is born. I'm thinking will wait until bubs is about 6 months and starting solids do not so reliant on bf if the surgery affects milk supply. Keen to here others experience on sleeve surgery after baby
    I had mine when my 5th bub was 2. He had his last breastfeed the morning of my op. I have since had bub no 6 and I am a jersey cow who could feed a whole army.
    For anyone considering the sleeve this place is a great place to get lots of info.
    http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

May I join? I had a lapband done in Nov 11 and feeling a bit down due to weight gain (not just pregnancy related) love your stories ladies given me renewed inspiration xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Welcome FB

Thanks
    Reviews

I had the sleev done in October 2011 and have only Lost 11kg. I am so very disappointed and now looking at bypass after having my next bub as my sleeve really doesn't work well for me, I can still eat full meals, and never really feel satisfied. I am going o talk to another surgeon afte I have bub to see if he thinks my sleeve wasnt do e properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Re: Weight loss surgery chat

Wow i have never heard of someone who hasn't lost heaps before. What size boogie did he use? I would definitely talk a new surgeon. Does he do a lot of sleeves? I would check him out on the surgeon section of sleeve support site.

Feel free to pm to chat anytime.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Weight loss surgery chat

Taylasworld did you end up finding aphi company?

Add mentioned go for top cover, ideally one with no exclusions. I say this especially because many mid range covers have exclusions or restricted benefits for things like cardiac. I know you're going for something else but if you suffer any kind of arrythmia etc (heightened risk of complications for overweight patients) your admission gets reclassified and you may not be covered.

Anewme is right on the waiting periods too. A 12 month wait applies to weight loss surgery, but the wait is based on date of service. You can get the ball rolling straight away and book your surgery for the day after your waits are served.

Since lots of hospitals can have significant wait lists it's almost best to start things off straight away!

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect