Closed Thread
Page 97 of 116 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Had scan yesterday and unfortunately sad news........... the pregnancy sac was there and normal (which explains the nausea) but the little embryo had gone........ have to get it all removed tomorrow.

DH and I are gutted.......... I feel so guilty as he was so excited and hadn't even thought of this as a possibility.

We need to wait for a normal cycle to pass and then will do a frozen transfer (the single one). Need to take oestrogen and progesterone tablets too (no injections thank god).

I probably won't be back on here for a bit -just need to take some time and out deal with it I guess.

Hope all works out for you girls.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kate.... I am so sorry for you and your DH, I wish it was different, I'm sorry.
    Take as much as time out as you need, we are here for you whenever you need.
    Again I'm so so sorry....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kate I am so sorry. I really feel for you and the heartache you and your husband are going through. It is so devistating. You do not need to feel guilty though lovely. It is not your fault. Nature is the one that has to play the game in the end. Here for you whenever you are ready. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kate I am sooooooo terribly sorry . It is such a cruel twist of fate that you have been dealt. Take as long as you and DH need. We will all be here for you when you are ready. Although it may not seem like it now, there is a special plan for you. Now just must not be the right time for you. I really am so sorry. Thinking of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kate just wanted to also say how very sorry I am - it seems so unfair and cruel. Will be thinking of you and your husband - its good we have wonderful husbands to work through these awful times. There can only be better times ahead. So sorry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen- Glad to hear transfer went well and you're feeling good. I have read lots of stories of success with frozen two embryo transfer so hope this is your time. Out of interest did they tell you what your lining measured at on the day of transfer or what is should be?

Trace- Glad to hear Kate is nearing the end of her injections and that her levels are good. Will be thinking of you for egg collection. Thanks for the info on the longer cycle.

Calli - good luck with the injections!

Kristen - Hope all is going well and that you are well rested

AFM - I have decided to do the frozen transer - should be day 1 now anyday. Am doing the natural transfer as this is what fs suggested- so no drugs. Havent really got high hopes as it is not a good quality egg (only 1 available) and have been told that it might not even survive the thaw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sandy - I think its worth giving your frozen embryo a go - because you never know it just might work. And presumably given you are not on any drugs this round you could go straight into a new IVF round if it didn't work out without taking another month off. Let us know when your transfer date is once you find out.

Jen - how exciting that you have two embies on board. I really really hope this is the round for you!! Your blood test date is the same as our embryo transfer date. What clinic are you at again? QFG like us or Dr Ong? I can never remember..

Calli - Did you love the Gaga concert last night? What did you think of the start of Born This Way???!!! Ha! How are you going with the injections? Do you give them to yourself? Its good to get underway and feel like you are doing something towards things isn't it. That month off really drags towards the end.

Re a catch up at Zarraffas. We'd be keen to pencil in Sunday the 24th at say 10am? The only thing is that my work is so unpredicable at the moment and I don't know if I'll be working until probably the day or so beforehand. So annoying but is the nature of my work... Let me know if you want to try for that date if not the weekend after would be good.

AFM - We are going well. Kate is really feeling the FSH working - just bloating and can feel her ovaries. Pretty excited about the scan on Monday and the egg pick up is so close now.

Trace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,

Trace – Wow, not long to go now. Tomorrow is the big day for your bloods! I have everything crossed for you. Kates bloating is a good sign! It hopefully means that she has lots of eggies growing inside of her. Gaga was absolutely AMAZING! What a star. She is so talented. And yes, the start of born this way was definitely an eye opener! I didn’t want the night to end. You could tell the crowd just loved her too. And she really opened up. Definitely worth the money. I gather you guys loved it too. I am free next Sunday at 10am. Completely understand about work. Perhaps if we all log on Saturday evening to confirm. It is going to be so nice to actually put faces to the names. Yes, I give the injections to myself. For some reason, it doesn't worry me in the least. I don't like the side effects - seem to feel sick in the afternoon most days and I get a little crabby at DH (he is very good though).

Hopefuljen – Aw I am so excited that you have 2 eggs inside of you! I am keeping my fingers (and toes and everything else too) crossed for them to implant nicely. Not too long now either. How are you coping with the TWW? I just rested for the first little while and then tried to keep busy. My view is that butterflies must be a good sign. After I read that you had gone ahead with the 2 egg transfer, I asked one of the nurses whether my doctor can do 2 egg transfers (cause hubby and I have spoken about it before and I was curious if we decided to go ahead, whether we could). She gave me a funny look and said that he does not. I felt really guilty for having asked. Then she said – well maybe you can ask him but I don’t like your chances... Hmph! I thought it was something that we could have discussed with him rather than her just saying that he does not do it. Now she has made me a little nervous to discuss it with him. Oh well. If it doesn’t work soon then I guess we can always look at swapping FS’s. How did you get on to a 2 egg transfer in the first instance?

Sandy – Very exciting about your decision. You only need the one egg for it to work (even if it is not the strongest). I will keep everything crossed for you.

Kate – I am thinking of you and your DH.

AFM, thanks everyone for your thoughts re AF. I asked the nurse about it. She said it was normal. Unfortunately my AF is continuing so I am a little concerned that it may not be normal. To be honest, this feels like my actual AF rather than the bleed I had at the beginning of the month (as I had cramps with this one like I normally get but didn’t with the first AF at the beginning of the month)... I think I need to speak with the nurse on Monday. I am just concerned as I don’t know what happens if you muck up what date your day 1 is. I just don’t want the embryo not to implant cause I got my day 1 wrong. Last time they took a blood test to be sure. And I measured the days from that blood test and it makes sense it was at the start of the month. But I still worry! – Sorry to vent a little but I just want to do as much as I can so that it will hopefully work... Thanks so much for all your support. It means so much to me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are such beautiful, caring women. It’s so lovely to have so much support from you all, it really means a lot – thank you! And I really hope that all your dreams come true very soon!

Sandy – Thank you so much for your well wishes, I need them! I went for a lining scan a week before transfer and FS said my lining was looking great but it was not checked on the day of transfer. I know he was looking for over 8mm, sorry I can’t be more precise. I’m keeping everything crossed that your embie thaws well and this is the one for you. A drug-free cycle will be nice.... enjoy! Hope AF is here soon!

Trace – I am so excited that I have 2 on board, didn’t think I would be this excited, but am grinning all the time Ha Ha! I’m with Dr O, so no chance of bumping into you, that would be funny. Aw fingers crossed that it is a good day for all of us – imagine if all goes according to plan we would be 2 weeks apart, and then Calli and Sandy prob another 2 weeks apart!! (Sorry I am so dangerous for letting my mind run away with me – ignore me – I am such a daydreamer) Loads of luck for your scan tomorrow, eeek can’t believe your moving onto EPU already – exciting! And that is great that Kate is feeling full, hopefully not too uncomfortable though. Let us know how you get on tomorrow!

Calli – Eeeep thanks for all the crossing, I am the same for all you lovely ladies as well as myself! That’s really sad that the nurses made you feel bad for asking, I know they all have their own ways etc etc but this is personal to the two of you, and should be something that you can discuss with your Dr if you feel like it. I would still talk to your Dr, because at the end of the day it is your choice. I think the reason we have been allowed to is because we have had three unsuccessful transfer now. The last full stim we did we discussed putting 2 in, but FS was against it as he says we have a high chance of falling pregnant especially as we did so in the first cycle, but after that failed he said it was up to us. He wasn’t against us doing 2, but didn’t feel that we needed to. And on the day of transfer we were asked three times if we were sure, even the scientist said she was happy to refreeze one, but we were happy with our decision, and felt that this is what we were meant to be doing (gosh sorry I went on a bit there).
    Regarding your AF I would def speak to the nurse tomorrow, see if they can get you in for bloods and check what is going on. When is your scan with your FS? As they will check things like lining and follicles etc at the scan and will be able to see if anything odd has happened. But yea def ring the nurse tomorrow and stress your concern to them, you don’t need to go into a cycle with doubt. Hugs. I hope all is ok......

AFM - TWW is so far so good, have been quite busy so the days have gone by fine, it will be mid next week that I think the crazies will be setting in if you know what I mean. So please hurry up next Monday!!...
    It will be great to put faces to names, and I am easy for Sun next weekend, whatever suits – I hope you don’t get called into work Trace!

PS SOrry for the mammoth post!!!

Jen X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I love reading all your messages. Long or short. So rant away. This is our chance to talk about all this stuff with people who get it

Jen - so do you POAS at all? or are you one of these people who someone how manage to hold out until the blood test (Kate and I obviously not being one of those)? Glad you are feeling the positive smiling vibe . And don't worry - I'd already had that thought that we could all be just weeks apart and maybe do a mother's group!! Hard not to skip ahead in your mind.

Calli - I think there are regulations about the 2 embryo transfer thing. I believe if you are under 35 and its your first IVF round that you are just not allowed. If you are over 35 you can transfer more than 1 but it is not recommended, particularly on your first round. Its because of the increased risks for multiple births - but if you have done a number of rounds/transfers like Jen has then you should be allowed to do it and I reckon that risk of twins its worth it.

So I reckon you should just ask your FS what their policy is so you know if you get to a point where you really want to transfer 2. I think it has to be a balance between what your Dr recommends and ultimately if you've been at it for a bit - what you want should hold some weight.

AFM - we had our scan this morning and we had 10 HUGE follicles and maybe a couple of small ones. By Huge I mean 25mm!! Our Dr was quite surprised when he measured them. Most are on the right as Kate has a lazy left ovary. So looking like we should get at least 10 mature eggs. Last round even though we got 11 eggs, only 7 were mature. So this round is looking great!! It is all a numbers game in the end so we are happy and hopeful.

Will let you know how things go on Wednesday!! Sounds like a good plan to check in Saturday night about coffee on Sunday. I'll cross my fingers I get the weekend off.

Trace