Closed Thread
Page 96 of 116 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kristin glad things went well and the heartbeat is strong! I guess enjoy the bed rest while you can because once bub comes along there will probably be very little rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Kristen- So happy for you that you saw a heart beat! - No bleeding since Friday seems a very good sign - hope its smoother sailing from here. Enjoy the bedrest - I kind of like the sound of it.

Kate- Good luck for your scan next wednesday !!! Will be thinking of you

Jen- Happy birthday for Friday

Trace- Not 100% sure but Antral follice count is the phrase my fs uses when doing a scan - I think he is just counting the number of follicles in each ovary that he can see to get an idea of how many eggs he might end up with. Hope things get underway soon with the FSH injections -is that Puregon?.

Calli- Good luck with cycle 2 and the pill popping. Seems you all do a different cycle to me. Mine was an antagonist cycle so didnt involve any pill popping or Lucrin injections - guess the end result is the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Sandy - we use a Gonal F pen for our FSH jabs. I think puregon is just another brand/type but they would do the same thing. The antagonist is a shorter cycle I think - our cycle is a long down regulation so you spend a month and a bit on the pill and doing lucrin jabs to get you to a baseline position before hitting the FSH injections. Everyone's different but this type seemed to work ok for us last time so we are doing it again.

Kristin - yeah!! that's so great you have a heartbeat already. Must be such a relief for you. I guess the bed rest will all be worth it in the end.

Kate - Not long til your scan too. Let us know how it goes.

Jen - Enjoy Aria on Friday. Hope this is the start of an exciting new decade filled with babies

AFM - Kate's scan and bloods were good today so we are starting the FSH jabs tomorrow. We had 7 antral follicles and when i asked FS if we should be increasing the dosage of FSH he said if anything he should be decreasing it because of that count. I swear last time we only saw 1 antral follicle... but still got 11 eggs. So we are hoping we get a good lot of eggies this round. Ohee gets exciting from her. Hoping this is the round for us.

Trace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry for my tardy response but have not had a chance to log on until now.

Kristin – Aw that is amazing news that you have seen the heart beat. It makes all of this worthwhile.
    Hopefuljen – HR hey. Well I will keep my ears open for you and my fingers crossed that you find something soon. I would definitely be enjoying the down time cause soon you will have found your perfect job and be wishing for holidays again! Probably wise to stay away from the daytime televison cause I believe it can become addictive (not from experience). Perhaps we should all do Zarraffas. I wonder where everyone else lives? When would suit to meet up? Wow – Wednesday hey. That is coming up really fast for you. Are you taking some time to just relax at home after ET? I will keep everything crossed for you. Yes, I have (finally) started pill popping and start Lucrin injections next Thursday. I am glad to finally be doing something. The waiting was killing me. I am feeling really hopeful for this cycle though. My niece is about to get married in a couple of months and she proudly told me today that she is going off the pill a couple of days before her wedding so they can hopefully conceive on their honeymoon. It would be amazing if she can, but it would also be a little frustrating for me if she does and we are still not pregnant. I really wish her all the best but I can imagine being teary if it happens so easily for her.

Sandy – Not sure what an antagonist cycle is – my FS didn’t give me a name for our cycle; just told me what to do and when. Not the greatest when it comes to giving information freely – you just go equipped with the questions that you have and he answers them.
    Trace – Hmmmm... I didn’t get to hear much about the case other than it was a good result for having the proper parents (ie; the ones that will ultimately raise the child) listed on the birth certificate. Didn’t realise it was a surrogacy arrangement though. I think for our first round of FSH I was on 250?? FS said he will increase it this time around but unsure of what level. Hopefully it is high but not too high because I do not want them to over stimulate which I have been told is a risk when you have PCOS. How is Kate feeling on the FSH? Wow – so many follicles. That is great work! Hopefully that is a good sign for you both. You have hit the exciting chapter – woo hoo! Not too long to go now. Any news on when EPU is? They have tentatively scheduled mine for 9 July (all being well that is).

Kate – How are you feeling? Getting bigger with everyday I imagine. Your levels have been amazing throughout so think you are creating an amazing little miracle.

AFM, Cant wait to begin injections, not because I enjoy them or the side effects they bring but so we are that one step closer to our BFP! As I said above, seems like we are tentatively booked in for 9 July at this stage for EPU. So exciting. And am trying to remain super positive. Had my second accupuncture session with Lyn Li at Southport who is amazing. I almost fall asleep each time. She is great.

Well take care ladies. I will be thinking of each and every one of you. Rug up, cause its cold and wet out there today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, please add this group on facebook i created it for us to all talk about our cycles and experiences at the fertility clinic springwood http://www.facebook.com/groups/454132777932217/#

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Calli - I know how you feel re others getting pregnant or talking about trying when its what we so desperately want and have wanted for a while. I had a bad day last week.... one of the girls at work announced she is pregnant and is due the same week our baby would have been had we not miscarried. I went to the car and cried. I'm happy for her but its hard not to wish it was you. That same day I got a random text from a friend - one of those forward on ones - it started with "do you know someone who's pregnant... enter here to win...". I was in such a bad way I text back saying "no my wife just had a miscarriage so not pregnant anymore". I felt bad but people just dont think - or maybe they just don't understand the heartache because they haven't been there.

Wow.. what a rant. Sorry... on a happier note we have egg pick up next Wednesday, 20 June. Calli you are only 2 and a half weeks behind us.. Hope we both get our BFP. We have 6 days of injections left and Kate will be very glad when they are over. Feeling good and positive this week. Can't wait for our scan on Monday to see how many folicles we have and to confirm all is good for our egg pick up. Our day surgery write the number of eggs you get on your hand... do other surgeries do that too? We are hoping for a good number.

Jen - one more sleep til your 2 embies go in. No cold feet on the 2??? Fingers crossed for you!!! How was the hospital today? What do the interlipids do?

Kate - hope your scan goes well tomorrow. Do you get a blood test again too or just the scan?

I can't remember who said they were going to Gaga concert tomorrow - but have fun!! and I'll see you there - even thought we won't know who we are in amongst the crowd!!

Trace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone...

Kristin – Hope your scan goes well tomorrow. How is bed rest going? Addicted to daytime telly yet?

Kate – Good luck with your scan too! Please let us know how you get on, hope you are feeling well.

Trace – Yay that Kate is on the home stretch with the jabs, how is she feeling so far? My clinic also writes how many eggs you get on your hand, I’ve heard there’s a clinic in Brisbane where the FS goes mad and apparently he writes over and over all up your arms haha! Good luck with your scan on Monday and hope everything looks good for Wednesday EPU. Intralipids from my understanding is a fat emulsion you get through an IV and it kills any bad T cells that can potentially “attack” an embryo, it’s more a trial thing, it can’t do any harm, am so hoping that and my other magic pills are what is needed to push us over the line. We’re actually all a couple of weeks out from each other, lets hope it’s straight wins all round!! Enjoy Lady Gaga!!

Calli – Aw bless you about the jobs – thank you! Fortunately I am yet to get hooked on daytime TV, I try not to turn the telly on at all during the day time, but yea am def making the most of this time off, you’re right as soon as I start working I’ll wish I wasn’t! I know this cycle has crept up really quickly can’t believe it is tomorrow, and like you I am feeling very positive, I hope this is all of our cycles, perfect time of year for it! I completely understand what you mean about your niece, I hope with everything that this is your cycle and you won’t need to deal with it all. It’s so hard, you don’t want people to struggle, but at the same time it’s hurts when you’ve been trying so hard and long. Have everything crossed!!! How are you going on your pills? Do you get any side effects? As for meeting up, I must have the easiest schedule of us all, so am relatively free! Would be fun!

Sandy – How is everything going with you?

AFM – Had my intralipid done today, and it was all pretty easy. My arm started throbbing a bit after half an hour but once I had it under a warm blanket the pain completely went away J I spent the day reading and people watching haha wasn’t too bad at all! ET tomorrow and am feeling really positive and quite excited, we are having two transferred eeeek!! Can’t wait!!

Hope you are all keeping yourself warm, it’s starting to feel like winter!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefuljen - How did ET go? I wanted to log on before now (sorry!). Please know that I have been thinking of you all day (as I didn't know what time you were having ET done). Hope you are wrapped up in a blanket on the couch relaxing. I was thinking that we could arrange for a coffee date on Saturday morning if you are free. What about everyone else? Even if you don't live in Upper Coomera it would be lovely to meet all of your ladies that have become my support network .

Trace – Wow, your thoughts mirror exactly the way that I have been feeling. I completely understand what you have gone through. I am certain that people don’t mean it (in fact I am sure that half of them don’t even realise what we are going through). But it would be so nice if the next person to get pregnant was you and Kate. I am hoping with everything that you are next! ANd then Hopefuljen would be next in line, then it might be me. Wow – your EPU is exactly 1 week away. I am so excited for you and Kate - and only 6 days of injections left. Hey, I was told last time that I would have the number of eggs written on my hand when I came out of surgery but it wasn’t there. I wonder if they left it off intentionally cause we only had 5 and they wanted to let us down slowly. I really hope that we can have more this time. I will have everything crossed that you have many eggs. Btw, it was my DH and I that are off to Gaga – but our tickets are for Saturday night. I am soooooo excited! Incidentally, where do you and Kate live? Feel like catching up with us gals at Zaraffas coffee shop in Upper Coomera? I would love to meet you both.

Kristin - I hope all is well and that you are progressing along nicely.

Kate - how are you feeling? I hope all is well for you too.

To everyone else hope you are travelling well.

AFM, I am of to pick up my Lucrin injections tomorrow and then start on Friday. For some reason I started bleeding this morning. Its only very light (like when I wipe) but I didn't think that was right cause I am on the pill at the moment. I hope it is just my silly womenly parts letting me know that they are still there. Before I started this journey, I had my AF for about 3 years straight with a couple of days off each month if I was lucky. I know, I wish I had shares in Libra Flur! So for that reason, this journey has been lovely cause I have had a break from the AF. Anyway, I guess I will find out when I have my bloods in a couple of weeks if things are working nicely. Take care lovely ladies xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Calli202 For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Calli - We live in Ormeau - so just up the road from Coomera. We would love to catch up for a coffee and meet all of you but this weekend its looking like I'll be working through and Kate's off to visit her parents down south. Another weekend for sure!! Oh and I think its normal to have a bit of stuff when you are on the pill - its not AF just your body recognising the hormones. We rang the nurses on our first round when that happened and that's what they told us. Gaga was amazing. Enjoy the show on Saturday night!!

It is so good to have you girls for support. Its made the biggest difference just being able to message you and everyone really understanding this whole journey.

Jen - was thinking of you yesterday and kept checking to see if you had messaged!! Let us know how you went and how you are doing today. We have our fingers crossed for you. Hope those extra pills and things make this round the lucky one.

AFM - we are on the home stretch now. 4 days of jabs to go. Kate had her day 6 bloods yesterday (Estrodol - 1949). That is higher than last round so hoping that means we get at least the same amount of eggs. We have a scan and more bloods on Monday. Kate is doing really well. This round has been way less stressful than the first. Kate's dad was really sick last round and other stuff was going on that was stressing us out. So this has been an nice change. She is starting to feel a bit bloated and has twinges and pain in her ovaries - so things seem to be working down there. Feeling good.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Really hope we can all meet up soon.

Trace

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TK Wishing For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Girls.

Thank you sooo much for all your thoughts, it means a lot, the support from you girls is huge, and it’s really nice not feeling ‘alone’ if you know what I mean, and also knowing that you are not going mad with the thoughts and feelings that pop up!

I had my transfer yesterday and all went well! I had really big butterflies before and during which I have never really had before, I just feel really positive, remind me of this in a week or so when I swing on the other end please!! The nurse was so lovely when she was giving me the run through of what to do and what not to do, that I got a little emotional – sap! Enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with DH, lunch and then chilling out after, normally I rush straight home but decided to try and be ‘normal’ HA! Blood test is on the 25th June, so hopefully I’ll start our little threesome of BFP’s of!!

Trace – I’m so glad that Kate is doing well on all the jabs, it’s crazy how much each cycle can have you reacting so differently. I’ve no clues with numbers etc but it’s great that you’ve got the same numbers as last time already! YAY! How does Kate react on the anesthesia at EPU? Thank you both for your thoughts, I’m so hoping that this cocktail of pills will be the one – and hopefully our good news will be in three’s!!

Calli – Thank you so much for thinking of me, all went well, had the two transferred so just keeping absolutely everything crossed at the moment! WOW three years of AF you’re so right you should have got shares in Libra! I can’t even imagine how that would be, it must be great having the break!! Hopefully your nine month break is just round the corner!!! I wouldn’t be too worried about the blood, but perhaps ring the clinic to put your mind at ease if you like. Good luck with your first jab tomorrow – exciting!! It’s all go go from here on in!

I’d love to meet up with you lovely ladies, when are you and Kate free Trace? How about the following weekend? (I’ll prob be at the pulling my hair out phase!!)

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Thinking of you all!

X