Closed Thread
Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Kate - great news on your levels!! Was that your 5 week BT? Thanks for the info on your friend. I have my 6week scan Tuesday to see if there is a heart beat and they are monitoring me very closely!

Trace - I'm the same as you! I'm a POAS addict!! This time round when I had implantation spotting I had to test even though I thought it was too early. I snuck into the bathroom so DH wouldn't find out but when I saw a faint line I ran out to him saying now don't be mad buttttt can you see a second line. Lol. I then did it twice a day... Ended up doing 8 in total! Hope you and Kate are going ok!

Jen - so excited your going to put 2 embryos back!! I'm sure if twins is what you get you will be more then able to cope!! Wishing you lots of luck! I also live in Upper Coomera! Small world!

Cali - how are you going? AF arrived yet? Hopefully it's not too far away!

AFM - my BT results for today are HCG 43,576 prog 35. Still not happy with progesterone levels. Would like them to be higher. I was definately surprised hcg was so high. After Monday I expected them to have dropped. Nurse seemed very happy with them and said I just may be one of those unlucky people who have a tough pregnancy. I don't mind as long as I keep this lil baby growing! I did have more bleeding and cramping this morning which I told the nurse but she said my levels were great and just have to wait for scan on Tuesday. So still taking it day by day and will wait for Tuesday and hope there is a heart beat!

Have a lovely weekend ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristin,

Yes they were week 5 levels.

Are you off bed rest yet? Hope you are feeling ok.

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate

Still on bed rest till Tuesday. Once we have the scan then we will have a clearer idea what is going on.

Do you have anymore BT or just your scan in a few weeks?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Thank-you all so much for your lovely replies - really appreciated. It so nice to hear other people in a similar boat. Have been thinking about you all during the week.

Kate: Congratulations on your levels- they seem really good. I wish it was me. To answer your questions I am currently seeing Dr Dunn, out of Pindara. He seems really nice and caring and has been really good to me so far so plan to keep going to him at this stage. Just dissapointing the IVF first attempt wasnt successful - its my second misscarriage actually, first one was ectopic with Clomipene a year ago, but this one was more upsetting because sillily I had really though the first IVF was going to be the answer to everything. I was hoping to hear one of you girls were also seeing Dunn and what you thought. Thank you so much for the accupuncture recommendations - I actually went to Lynne Li first time this morning - she is just round the corner from where I work and I thought she was fantastic. So thanks heaps!!!! Ps. Thats amazing they can tell you have twins on ice.

Kristen - Hope your scan goes well and that you can put the bleeding behind you - must have been scary. Seems like most people are seeing Dr Ong or Dr O'Dowd and all have good things to say about both, so fingers crossed for you.

Jen - Good luck for Tuesday with your lining. Are you doing a frozen cycle? How often do you get your lining checked? Are the pills your popping to improve your lining? I aked dr about taking oestrogen pills to thicken my lining if doing a frozen cycle but he didnt seem into it? My lining always seems to be around 5-6mm which from what I read doesnt sound very good. Have you decided on two embryo transfer?

Trace - Hope Kate is feeling better. I really hated those injections - had to get my husband to give them (too wussy) but ofcourse will do it all again if thats whats needed.

Calli - Hope you have now gotten your AF. Exuse dumbness because I am fairly new too discussing fertility (with anyone other than my husband) AF is your period hey? Will you be going into a fresh second cycle of IVF or using a frozen from cycle 1?

AFM - I'm in the off cycle after my first IVF and have a scan booked in a couple of weeks where will need to decide whether to do a frozen cycle next - only got one frozen egg (BB) out of cycle 1 or maybe another fresh? Fs said normally he doesnt do another fresh so quickly but my last antral follice count looked good (better than it looked at the IVF cycle) so we might be considering doing another fresh. Will keep you updated - I'm generally not so good about getting on the internet but will definately be hoping your all doing well and hopefully chat again soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

TK – We only had 5 eggs the first time around. 3 Fertilised and then none survived which is why we have to start over again. FS said he will boost my FSH this time which will hopefully help. I like to think of it like a practice round. Hopefully this time will be the one. I really hope that this time around you will have positive news. I have always wondered about whether we would involve a friend/family if we needed a donor. My instinct is to say yes, but the problem is that the implications for the donor here in Australia may be huge. In saying that though, did you hear about the case where 2 fathers just won a Court case to have their names on the child’s birth certificate? That is a landmark decision and I wonder the effect of that case. Its an exciting time. I am sure that a lot of us have seen each other in the waiting room at QFG and just don’t know it!

Hopefuljen – What sort of work are you looking for? Sometime I feel that I would love to stay home permanently. Problem is that when I have a few days off, I start to wish I was back at work. I need the mental stimulation. Depends though; if I was one of those ladies whose friends did not work and we could just spend our days shopping and at the day spa, then that would be AMAZING! Unfortunately, don’t think that will happen for me he he he... Wow – we could be neighbours and not even know! Kristin is in Upper Coomera too. We should arrange a Zaraffas coffee date (and maybe a muffin too he he he...!). I had already booked an appointment at the Southport acupuncturist Lyn Li when I got your suggestion. I had my first appointment this morning and she is wonderful. I almost fell asleep. Hopefully her treatment will help me.

Kate – Wonderful news with your BT results. You sound like you have a super baby growing inside of you cause your levels are amazing! Do you feel any different? Is your dog still being weird with you? There is a lady at work who is pregnant and she said that was how she knew. Her dogs just kept growling at her stomach and then next minute was really protective of her. They say dogs have a 6th sense for those things. I am going to keep my eye on my dogs after ET!

Kristin – Well we could be neighbours too! That is such a coincidence that you, hopefuljen and I live within minutes of each other and didn’t even know. It is such a small world. How are you feeling? Your HCG levels seem amazing too (not that I really know much about them but they seem really high to me). I normally gauge how to act by the nurses reactions. If they are concerned then so am I. So I guess if they are not worried about your progesterone levels, then neither should you. If there was a time when you had to have bed rest, this is probably the best time cause the outside weather is perfect for it. In saying that though, I hope all is well and you can start to get back to normal again. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Sandy – I just had my first appointment with Lyn Li too. She was wonderful. I almost fell asleep, which is a first for me. She is very convenient cause I work in Southport too which makes it easy to pop over there on my lunch break. Never apologise for asking questions – I am new to this too. AF is your period (almighty flow I think it stands for). And yes, once it arrives, we will start a fresh 2nd cycle. We only had 5 eggs from the first one and none survived to be frozen. Hopefully this time we will have some more. It is such a lot to go through to have nothing survive. I was a little deflated after the first cycle not working too. Although in saying that though, I had told myself that it was a practice run and that the second time would be the one. Hopefully – fingers crossed.

AFM, my AF has finally arrived. Although, its difficult to know if it is here in full cause I normally get cramping on my first official day but haven’t had any cramping yet. Guess I should be thankful hey. And excuse the graphics but it is really heavy which seems like it should be day 1. Anyway, I am going to call the nurse tomorrow and see what is next. I imagine that I will start pill popping again for the next couple of weeks. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sandy that's great you like the acupuncture. I tried to go Sat morning but the one I thought was recommended (at Robina) didn't treat pregnant women - weird. I think it was Gold Coast Acupuncture @ Varsity now that I think of it.

No more bloods forme unless I want them (the clinic will do them as many times as you want!) just scan booked for the 13th.

I don't feel that different. I have days where I feel really bloated but I think that's more from the constipation (a bit gross I know).... my boobs are still huge but less sore and the nausea isn't as bad as from the progesterone. Proper morning sickness is meant to hit around week 6 so I have a week (yay for me). My poochie is still being a bit odd but has settled down a bit. My hubby is away this week though so maybe he's get his protective hat on. He did try to attack the cat though when she came for a cuddle!!

My gf also saw Dr Dunn (when he was at John Flynn I think). They went through 8 rounds of IVF with him (she had serious endo and her uterus was stuffed). He took a real interest in them and used to go visit her hubby at his work when he was close by etc. No matter how nice they are, if it's not working don't feel bad about moving on.

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a nice weekend in this weather!!! PS I spent all Saturday in bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls

Calli - we are hoping to increase our FSH this round too - coz even though we got 11 eggs we only got 1 through to day 5. Its a numbers game isn't it. What FSH were you on first round? Our FS put Kate on 300 straight up because she has a low AMH (low egg reserve) so was less likely to overstimulate. I saw that news article re the two dads who were recognised legally as the child's parent. That was a surrogacy arrangement that got recognised/approved by the court. In QLD Kate and I are both legally recognised as parents on our baby's birth certificate (from birth without the court involved) because we are going through the fertility treatment together as a couple (but that law only came about a year or 2 ago)... just in time for us.

Kristin - I'm glad I am not the only one who is obsessed with HPT's. I even peed on one last round because when the line came up first it was so faint I wanted to compare it (ha). Those HCG levels are amazing by the way!! Way to go. All looking good. Fingers crossed for Tuesday - hope it confirms all is groovy.

Mustang - Looking good for you too Kate. Not too long til your scan. Let us know how it goes!! Hope you don't get too bored in bed. We spent all of saturday watching DVD's in bed. Was a good day for it.

Sandy - what is the astral follicle count? Our FS hasn't used that term with us before. I think our clinic makes you use up your frozen ones before doing another full IVF cycle. Let us know what you guys end up deciding.

AFM - We are well into the Lucrin injections and have our baseline scan on Thursday morning. All going well we will start the FSH from Friday. Had a quiet weekend which Kate really needed. Hormones are in full flight at our house

Trace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick hello and update. Had our 6 week scan today and saw a beautiful heart beat. FS said it was nice and strong. Unfortunately I'm still on bed rest and most likely will be till I'm 9 weeks! No more bleeding since Friday so hoping that's the end of it now! Go back next Wednesday for another scan.

Hope your all well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girlies...

Kate – Yay for great blood test results!! How are you feeling? Hope the constipation is easing up, I hate that super bloated feeling. That’s cute about your dog being sooky around you, animals really pick up on what is going on, bless, but not too good for your cat...haha! Not too long til your scan... exciting!!

Kristin – Hope all went well today, have been thinking about you. Your blood results are huge, so hopefully that is a good sign that your little one really is holding on strong. I’m wishing that you start getting an easy ride soon!! Wow really is a small world, we’ve probably all passed each other in the shops haha!!

Sandy – The pills are for many different things, one to stop me ovulating and thicken the lining, a couple to suppress my immune system, and a couple for PCOS, that with the vitamins etc I rattle!! Haha!! Hope you are treating yourself on your off cycle, so you’ll be rested and ready to cycle again. Do you have a preference as to which type of cycle to do?

Calli – I am looking for work in a HR related field, or within a large enough company that I can progress into HR. I am making myself enjoy the time off while I have it, as you know the grass is always greener, but yea I worry that my brain is slowly shrinking so I don’t watch any day time TV, however, my days pretty much always seem filled, where will I fit work in haha! We should all do Zaraffa’s, we’ve probably passed each other there, and I am there with the muffin!! Glad you enjoyed acupuncture!! Have you started pill popping? Hope your cramps didn’t get too bad in the end, and maybe even gave you a bit of a break! How are you feeling about this cycle ?

Trace – Good luck for you scan on Thursday hope all goes well, and you can get into the FSH jabs, that always feels like the business end of the deal, if you know what I mean. How is Kate feeling on the jabs so far? This weekend was the perfect weekend for being in, what with the on and off rain.

AFM – Had my lining scan today, and all looked good ready for transfer next Wednesday. FS also recommended doing Intralipids this cycle, so will be going into hospital on Tuesday for that, as you are given it through IV over 4 hours, so will be rested after that ready for the transfer on Wednesday! Apart from that I’m hacking back all the palms in our garden, and approaching 30 very quickly (Friday), am excited though as DH is taking me to Aria in Brisbane.... can’t wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kristin - YAY!!! That is the best news!!! So good that you haven't had any bleeding since Friday, fingers crossed it is all good from here!!
    You will have to download/rent lots of series to keep you company, that and books and mags. I hope you don't go too crazy on bedrest. Am round the corner if you ever need anything!!