Closed Thread
Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I’ve been MIA – been pretty busy so haven’t been on the computer much and when I have BH website is to hard to get onto.
    Kalliope – I’m so sorry to hear that it didn’t work out for you this month. I hope the Vodka and ice cream helped – for me its wine that gets me through.
    Have you had your follow up appointment yet with your FS?
    I’ve heard of a few people that changed clinics and got a BFP first time with the new clinic.
    Kitty – 15 follicles that’s heaps – The last cycle I had about 13 follicles, we got 10 eggs and 5 5 day embryos – so I’m so you’ll get a frostie – assuming that the sperm is all good.
    Teags – I’ve always POAS 10 days post ovulation. Good luck
    AFM – will just waiting for AF to arrive. Stopped Provera on Monday – so should be any day. I’m feeling really bloated at the moment – does anybody know if that’s a side effect of the Provera?
    Speak soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mandse

Not sure about Provera, but bloating seems to be a side-effect of almost every drug in the IVF world from what I have seen

Yes, I am really happy with the eggs. Last time we only got 2 embies, both of which we transferred. So this time I would love to get away with not having to stim again, but I am feeling postive about this one The reason we are doing IVF is sperm issues, so hopefully they do their thing!

I told my DH this morning about the plan for the egg pick up, and he said "what does that mean?" I said, well it means I am on at the hospital, and you are on as well". He looked at me like the last thing he ever expected was that HE needed to do something!! I think he totally forgot he had a role to play in this whole IVF thing
    Last edited by Kitty10; 26-05-2011 at 14:20. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Aunty – Thanks darl. Its so exciting to have an actual natural cycle, its NEVER happened to me before! Tell us what you are getting up to on your pre-IVF break? We can live vicariously through you! Make sure you keep popping to say hi. Are you doing an alternative therapies before starting?

Kitty - 15 follies is great numbers! Lets hope there are some beautiful eggs hiding in them for your EPU. The staff at Allamanda Hospital are all lovely. Is that where you had your last EPU? I haven’t heard of PICSI but to be honest, I’m not really up on the MFI stuff. I really hope you get some frosties this time as well lovely. Lol at your DH – has he forgotten last time already! I’m away this weekend so if I don’t get on before Monday best of luck darling and I will be checking in to see how many eggs you get

Mandse – Don’t apologise for being MIA, just because you have a life! unlike some of us who spend way too much time on here (me!). I haven’t taken Provera for a while but I think that it possibly did make me a bit bloated but it doesn’t take much for my belly to get a bloat happening. I’m a 50/50 with Provera sometimes it works and bring on AF other times not.. I’m just a mystery. Hopefully AF will show up for you sooner rather than later and you can get started. Who are you seeing a CFC?

AFM – DH and I are away for the weekend Leaving tonight but we have to fly out from Brisbane Airport which is so annoying I would rather fly from Cooly as we live on the southern end of the GC. But a weekend away will be fabulous! I haven’t packed so will be racing home after work to throw my clothes in my bag and head up to the airport after a quick BD before we leave. DH is in heaven I swear

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see Dr O on the 3rd, I can't wait. Faxed through the referral and a form so that they can request my file from CFC today so that Dr O has everything for when we see him. I'm finding that doing stuff and keeping looking forward is helping to keep me sane. I did breifly consider going straight to Wazza instead of Dr O but you can't get into him until August and I'm not willing to wait since with Dr O I can probably cycle in July.

A quick Q for you Dr O girls - what's his view on double transfers? Since we have had a failed double I do not want to have a single under any circumstances. If we're going to have to fight for it I want to be prepared.

teags - have an awesome holiday, I'm keeping everything crossed for a natural miracle for you

Kitty - yay good going growing those follies for a great haul come EPU and a wonderful fert rate

mandse - provera always gives me nasty bloat and indigestion - yucky stuff

aunty - wow I am so jealous of your holiday (a little late here but I've been kinda self absorbed the last few days). I'm feeling much better thanks, I keep telling myself that our little guys obviously wern't strong enough and it was better to lose them now than in a few weeks time and it's helping me - plus I'm keeping busy which helps You must be so thrilled that hubbys trial thaw went well - waiting to cycle is always a bit of a pain but with the news that you and DH have a shot at having bubbies that are yours 2 months probably doesn't seem that long.

Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    mandse
    Aunty
    Kalliope

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Kitty - EPU 30 May !

TWW
    Teags - Natural Cycle

UTD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalliope - Our first cycle last month we had two transferred. Monash has lots of paperwork on why you shouldn't transfer two (risks etc) but he suggested it to up my chances, and given that I don't think my 2 embies were suitable for freezing. I'm sure he will be open to discussing it with you.

I have also considered Wazza, we might move to Bris in the next 12 months, but I will work that out when we come to it if necessary. Right now I have total confidence in Monash and feel a bit depressed thinking of the possibility of being on the IVF train long enough to have to transfer to Bris!!

I just logged on here this morning to catch up and saw someone mention jabbing. Had this moment of panic where I realised I hadn't done my jabbing yet!! I totally forgot!! Only by a few minutes but luckily I jumped on here to get reminded I am loosing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On my phone girls so just a quick one.

Kalliope- I asked Dr O about a double transfer and he doesn't routinely do them, as per Monash IVF's protocol. He said if you have repeated cycle fails and are over 30 they take it into consideration. But he also said that in the end it comes down to the embryos - if you had 2 average or 1 good 1 not so good for freezing then he would probably do a double. He advised me against a double due to my frame as he said it would be too hard for me to carry multiples but he didnt say no either!

I too considered Wazza as well and DH and I have discussed it and we are doing one stim and whatever frosties we get with Dr O and if that still doesn't work we will consider the move then. I will probably book an appointment with him after my stim for a couple if months as I find that planning ahead really helps me in this journey.

Well that wasn't such a short post after all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    mandse
    Kalliope
    Aunty

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Kitty - EPU 30 May!

TWW
    Teags - natural cycle

UTD

Proud Mummies

Kitty - Best of luck for EPU today darling. I hope you get lots of beautiful eggs and some even better embryos and you are feeling ok too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so sweet of you to remember Teags.

I got 15 eggs! Out of 17 eggs collected, 15 were good So very happy with that, as last time out of 7 we got 4 eggs. So now I need the spermies to do their thing. I feel like yelling at them to get a wriggle on Only bad news is that they can't do the PICSI thing they were planning because the motility of the sperm wasn't good enough. But we didn't do that last time anyways, so hopefully it still ends up okay.....

The stressful week of waiting for that phone call about my embies begins

I hope you lovely ladies are all well. How was your weekend away Teags? Weather okay? And Kalliope I hope your appointment with Monash goes well later this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news hun! 15 mature eggs is a bumper crop! How are you feeling? Make sure you have a couple sports drinks over the next few days, lots of water and keep up the protein.

Thats a shame about the PICSI but at least you still have ICSI to go with. I'm sure it will be fine and those spermies will work their magic and get your eggs fertlised.

I wonder if the Melatonin really helped this cycle? Plus your doseages were upped this time as well weren't they?

Ah know the nerve wracking wait begins!! I'm nervous for you. you will get some good ones and some frosties this time.

Weekend away was fabulous. Weather was perfect and I'm at work now after getting the red eye home and have had about 3.5 hrs sleep. Yuck I just want to go home already. So tired after such a busy weekend too. But it was all worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies.....I hope I can be so forward as to jump in here?? I was googling my wonderful Dr (Ong!!) and a thread came up on this forum and then I saw this group.....

We're long term TTCer's and I never really fit in any 'groups' on forums cause everyone seems to graduate! So I thought at least I might be able to make friends with some lovely local ladies

So I'll just say HI for now....let me know if you want me here or not- you can tell me to get nicked if you want lol