Closed Thread
Page 70 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    JG - That sounds like great news! Congrats to DH. Good plan to still fly back and do IVF with Dr O but hopefully you won't need too because this next cycle will see u prego.

My vasa previa is going ok. Yes, I know no sex or getting aroused. Poor DH hasn't had sex since before I got pregnant. Cause I had the bleeding early on we couldn't have sex either, so it's been a long time. But it will all be worth it in the end. I go next Friday for my 27 week ultrasound, so we will find out what's happening with the vasa previa a bit more and then we can put a plan into action. All I know at mo is that baby will be delivered at 34 weeks. My baby shower is also in a few weeks, I can't believe I'm finally having my own baby shower. Babies room is all set up too and ready for his arrival.

Hi girls, hope you are all happy and well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls,

Will pop on tonight as I'm at work..

Just wondered for those who got their bfp did u drink coffee at all during ivf or pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stacey - I think my OB is a little on the relaxed side and is making me wait till the 32 week scan to see if the vasa has moved. It's good in a sense that she gives me no choice but to chill out about it, but at the same time I do worry. I haven't had any bleeding yet which is a good sign so I guess unless i do, I just wait till 32 weeks. I really hope everything goes well for you. And the silver lining - you get to meet him sooner! Keep me posted how your scan goes on Friday.

JG - I'm going really well! DH and I have finally felt him moving! It's such an amazing feeling. Congrats on the move, sounds exciting! I drank coffee during IVF 2nd cycle(the one that worked) I stopped at about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant but only due to morning sickness, I just didn't feel like coffee. I'm back drinking the occaisional cup now but only a couple times a week. I think the rule is no more than 3 cups instant a day, 2 cups real coffee a day or 4 cups of tea a day.

MissKristy09 - I hope your appointment goes well! Hehe it amost feels like a first date or something you get so nervous. I'm sure he will be lovely and hopefully give you some answers.

Hi Kitty!! Hope you have been well and keeping yourself occupied while waiting. Sounds like you are bering nice and positive though so thats good!!

Good luck everyone, sending you lots of baby vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aunty,

Awwww, isn't it such an amazing feeling when you feel the baby kick. DH, Mum and Mum-in-law have all felt him now. I just feel so blessed to finally know how it feels. Enjoy every minute of him kicking about.

Just checking hun, do you have placenta previa or vasa previa? It's just I know with plancenta previa they usually get the later ultrasound done about 32 weeks because most of the time plancenta previa does move and you can have a normal birth. They leave it that long because the uterus by that stage is really big. Vasa previa is when the babies vessels from the cord go across the cervix. The research I've done on Vasa is that it doesn't really move far enough away for you to have a normal birth. My Ob also told me that, so she said whatever they say at the ultrasound she is giving me an early c-section. If it is vasa previa that you have I would have the ultrasound earlier, don't leave it until 32 weeks. I'm getting 1 at 27 weeks and 1 at around 31/32 weeks. The actual Vasa Previa Foundation recommend patients be hospitalised at 32 weeks. My Ob won't be doing this unless my 32 week ultrasound shows something happening in there. But i'll be delivering at 34 weeks for sure. I don't want to scare you hun, but your Ob should really be on the ball with this condition, if your waters break or the vessels are compressed and you start bleeding and it's fetal blood lose your bub can die in 10 minutes. These are the facts, I just want you to be getting the best care possible. I'm lucky my Ob knew all about vasa previa, she had a patient with both vasa previa and plancenta previa deliver a healthy bub at 34 weeks about 5 weeks before I found out I had it. A lot of Ob's and Doc's don't know much about vasa previa they think it's similar to placenta previa but it's not, it's worse. Take care and let me know how you go. I'll let you know how my scan goes next Fri too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Stacey, they are looking at both. Definitely placenta previa as the placenta is sitting at the front to low across the cervix with an extra smaller lobe at the back. When they did the ultrasound they could see blood flow across it also. It is all very unclear to me but they think it's just a possible vasa. I do recall the sonographer mentioning something about 32 week scan also. But I might ask to get an in between one done at 27 just to be sure. I googled it when i found out and scared the crap out of myself! All i know is i don't want to take any chances so i think demanding and earlier ultrasound is a good idea. by the way, who is your OB, if I don't feeel like mine is taking me seriously i might change.

Thanks for the info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aunty,

Sorry to scare you. I know when you look it up on the net it's super, super scary. I just wanted you to know it is more serious than your Ob is making out. Women have had their babies die from this and after everything you and I have been through to get pregnant we don't need any more heartache. My Ob is Suhad Hassan at Benowa, she is fabulous and knows all about placenta and vasa previa. who is yours?

I got my ultrasound done at QLD Ultrasound for Women and this is exactly what they said in the report: There is an anterior placenta & a velamentous cord insertion into the posterior wall of the uterus 2cm from the upper edge of the placenta. There are some fetal vessels running from the cord insertion superiorly into the upper edge of the placenta but there are also a fetal artery & fetal vein that run inferiorly on the posterior wall towards the righ iliac fossa and run into the lower edge of placenta. The fetal vein currently runs to within 18mm of the internal os. This arrangement is at significant risk of being a vasa previa and we would recommend review at 28-30 wks to reassess and plan management. If this is a vasa previa, we would recommend consideration of delivery from 34-6 w by caesarean. Do you get your ultrasounds done there to?

Hope all this helps and please keep me informed of how you go. Don't stress too much, just get onto your Ob and discuss your concerns and don't let your Ob blow you off and dismiss it. It's your pregnancy and your little bundle in your tummy and you want the best care. Demand an early ultrasound for your own peace of mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stacy Lee For This Useful Post:

auntyof5  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I haven’t been around much, I have been feeling a little down, and didn’t want to bring that into the forum, but have been thinking of you all! We won’t be cycling this month, as DP doesn’t think we are ready for it, so end of March it will be! I’m definitely learning how to be patient. However, my friends are coming in from England on Thursday next week and I can’t wait, I have missed them both so much and can’t wait to catch up!!

JG –Congratulations to you both, what exciting news about DH job!! The time is just going to fly by til you guys move. Not long til you cycle now, how are you feeling? Fingers crossed you won’t need to come back to see Dr O, well not until the baby arrives !

Kitty –Glad that you are feeling more you again, it can really suck it out of you at times. Looks like we might even cycle together again. Hope you are well!

Kristy – Hope this next week flies by for you hun, you must be getting excited!!

Stacey – It’s lovely to see you back on here, was thinking of you. Hope you are doing well and that your scan tomorrow goes well. Oooh hope you have a great baby shower, how exciting! Do you have a theme for the nursery?

Aunty – Hiya! Huge congratulations on your baby boy!!! Oh wow past half way already, how exciting! Hope you are keeping well, and you get the answers from your ob.

Kali – Hope you are well

Hope everyone is keeping dry today, and that it stops raining by Sunday! Have a good day lovely ladies J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stacey just wondering how your scan went on Friday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aunty,

Haven't had it yet, it's this Fri at 9am. I'll let you know as soon as I get home. I went to my Ob today. I had the gluclose test last week and it came back that I have gestational diabetes, so on Thursday I have to go to a class at the Southport Hospital to learn how to handle it. Just another thing to add to the list. Anyways, how are you going, have you spoken to your Ob yet? Hope your feeling well and still enjoying all the kicks from your little man.

Hi to JG, Kitty10, Kaillope and everyone else. Hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry i blame baby brain! That's no good about the diabetes either. why is it for sonera of us its one thing after an other but for some they just breeze through. not fair! I have my appointment on Thursday. i ended up speaking to the sonographer though and they are still recommending rescan at 32 weeks. i think my case is far less obvious than urs and only a small possibility. either way i know that suhad works with my Dr who is Dr penny isherwood so if after scan im not happy i can ask Dr hassan for second opinion.

Hi to everyone else hope u are all going well!