Closed Thread
Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope all you lovely ladies had a good Christmas!

Stacey - Thanks for your thoughts, I am feeling positive about this cycle, it has gone pretty quick so far as we have guests staying with us, have transfer on Sunday! Eeeeek only 2 more days to your 20 week scan how exciting, lots of luck, wonder if it is def a boy!?!

Kitty - How's your cycle going?

JG - You must be counting down the days!!!

Kalli - I'm sorry that you are going through such a rough time at the moment, it's hard to be positive about something that rips you apart inside. I hope the break is helping you a bit, and that you are sharing and talking I'm so sorry for your friend, how devastating, I can't begin to imagine how you all must be feeling....

AFM - Had a lovely Christmas just me and DP which was exactly what we wanted this year and it couldn't have been better. We have friends staying at the moment with their 2 children (7 & 11) oh goodness it is tiring he he but nice! Had my scan yesterday and all was looking good, so I have the egg transfer booked in for Sunday !!!I hope this is the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

So sorry, I have been a bad forum friend as well! Just generally enjoying catching up with friends and family over the past few weeks which has been wonderful but tiring!

Kalli - I am so sorry about your friend There is just nothing to say that makes anything remotely better about the situation, it really put things into perspective though about how lucky we are to have our own families even if they are small and incomplete. How is your friend doing? It must be difficult to know how best to support her. I of course totally understand your frustration at this whole TTC business...it is just mentally exhausting. My strategy at the moment is to just pretend I don't care and don't think about it, but that is not really possible as I am gearing up to cycle again. Hang in there

Stacy - your pregnancy is going crazy fast! At least you are at the stage where you can start to relax and enjoy it a bit. Try not to wish it away because it really is the most wonderful experience ever but it is really difficult not to worry when we know about all that can go wrong.

Jen - best of luck for your transfer on Sunday! That is great news Looks like we will get to be TWW buddies together because I have a feeling my transfer will be next week sometime! It's great you had a lovely time with your DP over this christmas!

JG - You sound like you are enjoying life while waiting for your next cycle which is great! How is the new job going?

I am just waiting to ovulate at the moment, went for my scan this morning so all is looking good so far for a transfer next week. Just trying to decide whether to do acupuncture this time or not. Decisions, decisions. Every time I have done acupuncture I have gotten a BFP, so I really should do it, I just hate the extra time and money.....

It's such a beautiful day today! We went to broadbeach for a swim yesterday and it was just perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well.

HopefulJen - Good luck for your transfer on Sunday. I really, really hope you get a big fat BFP real soon.

Kitty10 - Nice to hear you enjoyed your Chrissie with family and friends. Good luck for your transfer next week. It will be nice if you and Jen are on the TWW together.

Kalli - Good luck for your next cycle sweety. I really hope it goes ahead this time. My fingers are crossed.

ATM - Well I had my 20 week scan today and it's official girls, we are having a little boy. Hooray, a little man!!! I had some not so good news also. It looks like i've got vasa previa a rare condition when some of the babies blood vessels from the cord have grown outside of the sac and just above the cervix. It can be very serious and cause death of the baby during labour. I go back for another scan at 28 weeks and if it hasn't moved with my growing uterus I will have to have an early c section at about 34 weeks and maybe even be hospitalised from 28 weeks. We will just have to see what the next ultrasound brings. I'm very upset about it at the moment and just can't believe I have another thing to deal with, pregnancy is such a hard road for me. Sorry girls, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to take a little break for awhile. But I just want you to all know I'm thinking of you all, and praying for BFP's for you. I'll be back I promise. Hugs to you all and thanks for all your support over the last 5 months it really means the world to me. xox
    Last edited by Stacy Lee; 06-01-2012 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacy - that's really really wonderful news that you are having a little man Congratulations!! So exciting

But it is awful that such an exciting time is also so stressful with the news of yet another complication. Honestly, when can you catch a break hey??? I can appreciate how stressful this must be for you guys, pregnancy is stressful enough as it is without adding infertility, IVF and now the health of the baby into the mix. It is great though that they have picked it up so early and will be closely monitoring you to ensure your baby is safe. I guess all you can do is take it one week at a time, and each week is a milestone that your bubba is still safe inside your belly. Thinking of you and giving you lots of positive thoughts, please don't go away for too long, we need to know that you are doing okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lovely Girls!

Happy New year to you all!! I think everyone has been MIA for a little while and only now getting into the swing of it! Ive been lurking around on here just wanted to take a break.

Stacy- Wow!! Thats so awesome!! I very much had the feeling you were having a girl! did you have a 4D scan? My SIL went to a place in Logan called Precious Previews - they do 4d scans and put it on a dvd, key ring yadda yadda, its like watching your baby on a movie! Lounges and all!! I hope you take it easy now, and if bed rest is what you have to do - just do it! but I know you already know that! thinking of you lovely!

Kitty - HOw are you hun? So you have transfer this week? Do you know what day? How are you going with the other drugs you have to take? ( I hope I have that right?) Do you think you will do Acu? Im not sure Ill do it with our next cycle... It adds up to a lot of money!

Jen- Super Good Luck for tomorrow!! How are you feeling about it all?

Kalli - Oh My Im so sorry to hear of your friend, that is just so tragic... I have no words.. Im so saddened to hear this..

Hi to anyone I have missed!!

AFM- Not much is happening for me atm, Got back from a holiday up north - we needed it! Just to get away and not think about money or IVF or any other crap that 2011 has brought up.. But now back to reality! haha.
    I got back into the gym on Thursday after 2 weeks off and geez it hurt! my body hated me the few days after that! I use the standard 'its xmas Ill worry about it in the new year' excuse... boy did I pay for it! felt so sick the last few days as my body was saying 'wheres my sugar biatch' haha.

Due for AF around the 29th of this month, not sure if we cycle, tbh we havent really spoken about it - and its been good not to actually.. I hope we can but it really comes down to financials at the end of the day.. still applying for jobs like crazy but Im either too qualified or when I follow up they are closed still for the break etc...
    Guess we better decide what we want to do soon! Kitty, Jen, Kalli - I need some BFP motivation from you lovely girls!! haha.

Thinking of you all.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

Apologies for not being around, have just got our house back to ourselves after all the holiday season, so have been cleaning etc etc

Stacey – It seems your little boy - EXCITING!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!! is living up to the old wives tale of giving you a hard time in pregnancy. It's not fair after the battle of falling pregnant that it would be a stressful pregnancy. At least the doctors have picked it up early and are aware of it and you will be closely monitored. I wish there was something I could say that could help take your stress away, but please know I am thinking of you and praying for good news. Please do let us know how you are doing!!! Oh and I am thinking that you will have a perfectly behaved baby, you've had all the stress and drama now so should have an easy ride one he is born!!

Kitty – How are you doing? Have you had your transfer yet? Have been thinking of you! Did you decide on whether to do acupuncture or not? I have done acupuncture this time and the times before, I like the sessions and the girl I see is so lovely that she makes me go back!!

JG – Ahhh lush having a holiday I am so jealous, I would love to escape somewhere with DP and forget about the world!! Glad you and your DH could forget about IVF and just be you two – it can be so consuming – but it does suck coming back to reality .. Keeping my fingers crossed that you find a job soon and get to cycle if that’s what you decide to do....

AFM – I am plodding along just fine, transfer went well on Sunday, although the little embie got stuck in the tube thing so we had to go again and all went well, hoping this is a sign that it will be a sticky one for us he he!! So am now trying to find lots of things to distract me so I don’t go mad in this wait – you girls know how it is!! Apart from that hiding inside away from the heat, geeez it’s muggy at the moment, bring on winter! ( I’m English, I was designed for the cold!)

I'm with JG bring on the BFP's!!!!
    Last edited by hopefuljen; 10-01-2012 at 18:23. Reason: I pressed POST before being ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies! Just letting you know I am currently PUPO!!! Transfer went well yesterday, I did two lots of acupuncture and now I am trying to get on with life for the next fortnight Seriously impossible. Not helped by the fact I need to go to hospital tomorrow for another intralipid to encourage my body to do it's thing. I feel ill about failing this cycle, but anyways, shall be positive for now.....STICK, STICK, STICK little bubba

It is seriously quiet in here at the moment. Jen - I hope your TWW is travelling smoothly, any signs yet?? JG - Glad to hear you are living life outside of IVF, it will always be there for you, but it sucks if finances are holding you back....Kalli - are you cycling yet my dear??? Stacy - hang on tight to that bubba!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, hope you all had a great Christmas & New Years.

Kitty - sending loads of lovely sticky thoughts your way, really hoping this is the cycle for you. Will text you next week to organise a catchup.

Jen - hope the wait isn't driving you mad, I always find the 2nd part of the wait the hardest. I'm a nightmare and start testing at 5dp5dt all the way up to AF, how are you holding up?

JG - I so hear you on the financials thing, hubby and I were talking about maybe not doing this paid for IUI and doing another IVF instead but it really comes down to the fact that we can't afford another IVF right now, especially as Monash no longer does that thing where they bill medicare and you just pay your bit, $9000+ is quite a lot to come up with upfront.

AFM - still waiting for AF, it's CD51 today and still no sign, definately not pregnant. Emailed Kee before Christmas (when my period was officially late) and he said provera wasn't a good idea and to just wait. So I'm waiting. My little boy turns 2 tomorrow so we've been really busy and the EDD from our first failed IVF is coming up on the 30th so I'm quite happy to not be cycling right now, I think I'll be in a better headspace after that EDD passes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kalliope For This Useful Post:

Kitty10  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning Ladies

Hope you are all well and had a good weekend!

Kitty – How are you going in your TWW hope you are not going mad. Am thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way, I hope so much that this is the one for you!

Kalli – Oh I know exactly what you mean about the second part, all of a sudden time slows down!! Geez your cycle sounds a bit mad, hope it starts settling soon. I’ll be thinking of you on the 30th! How was your son’s birthday?

JG – Hope you are keeping well! I saw on another thread that you got a new job – Congrats! I hope it goes well, when do you start?

Stacey – Thinking of you hun...

AFM – Well as Kali said my first week was going great, I felt so positive, maybe too positive, I just felt completely different from the last cycle, and had quite a lot of similarities from the first cycle (BFP). And then yesterday (TMI) a week after transfer exactly I started having some strange blood smears (really really small and only happened a couple of times), which I had on the last failed cycle so pretty much knew it was all over, and then today I have started spotting exactly like before AF, so did HPT and it was negative as I expected. Am feeling pretty low, as I guess you can all appreciate. I also feel like a bit of a d$ck as I was so positive it had worked... oh well!! Don’t understand why I keep bleeding so early and neither does Dr Ong, don’t know if it matters to be honest! Going to take a break for a month as the next cycle will have to be a full stim again and we are feeling a bit battered after the last three ... fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen - so sorry that totally sucks!! Are you absolutely sure it's over? Does Dr O think it's over? I so hope you are wrong, but I know that I know my body and exactly a week after transfer I definitely know if it hasn't worked, even if I haven't started bleeding yet. That is crappy news, so sorry for you I totally understand about being battered and bruised and I think the break will do your mind the world of good. I seem to find that I need to be mentally in the right place to cycle, not sure if it impacts on the outcome or not, but it definitely impacts on how bearable I am to live with!!! If this cycle fails, we will be up for another stim cycle too....makes me feel a bit sick actually. The nurses at the hospital know me well now between egg pick ups and intralipids. How depressing. Anyways, all you can do is grieve, have a drink and pick yourself up ready to go again hey???

Nothing much to report on, I am still in my first week, so a few cramps here and there but nothing too much to analyse. Really don't want to head into the second week but I could be pleasantly surprised I guess!!

I had a meltdown yesterday, my poor hubby. We were at breakfast and these lovely friends of ours started talking about their plans to have kids, and how they were going to get a cleaner, and stay at home and blah blah blah. And I just had this moment of extreme jealousy over their innocence, when we have had the loveliness of having a family made difficult. Stupid really, because I would love them to have kids and they know that it might not happen quickly, but still I was jealous of their positivity and hope for their dreams. I want that!!

Anyways, I am over it now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitty10 For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (16-01-2012)