Closed Thread
Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls!!

How is everyones saturday going?

Angels- Wow a HUGE congrats to you! that is amazing news.. I kind of thought it was a good sign when you mentioned you were so tired.. thats made my day!! Now send some babydust my way!!

Stacy - Oh thats great news about your little bubble! Im so happy for you! seems our GC group is getting smaller by the minute! I better hurry up!! Whos your Ob? I havent heard of him, what hospital is he at?

Kitty - I hope you have some time to digest your feeling and plan of attack.. Been thinking about you.. Has Dr O had you tested for killer cells? my friend has had a chem and a very early miscarriage and now dr O is testing her for that.. Dont want to worry you but apparently is a common thing.. Will you be joining me in the January thread? I have a good feeling about January!

Kalli - How are you hun? I hope you have been good to yourself.. are you cycling next month? I think I read back somewhere you were? I cant scroll back any further.. Sending you tonnes of X

Liesey - Hows the packing going!? Was thinking about you today! Hope your well!

Hi to anyone I have missed!!

AFM- Well Dr O fit us in this morning to have a review! Was thankful for that! hes just so lovely!! It turns out that it wasnt a polyp and was just abit of skin, and apparently had 'significant' endo on my right side. He showed me pics of my liver, appendix, tubes, ovaries and tummy! All I can say is WOW!! At least now I know my liver and appendix is perfect! all nice and pink. He showed me the endo it just looks like blood clots/blisters like clusters of them. He is happy for us to cycle at any time and says its purely financial if we wanted to cycle before the end of the year.. we decided that we are happy to wait til the new year so the dhea will really be in the system and hopefully work.

Dr O doesnt think that it was the endo that caused my 'empty zona' and tends to be one offs than repeats.. so its not empty follicle or empty eggs i have.. I ll have to research that I think! haha.

All in all he says that the surgery was worth while and thats what counts to me.. Now I feel that there is nothing stopping us and kind of given us a fresh start if that makes sense?

Feeling fantastic today and have been sitting out in the sun this arvo to let my little holes get some sun. Off to my best friends birthday/going away drinks tomorrow in Broadbeach so that will be fun!

Hope everyone is well!

XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I'm excited nervous and terrified all at the same time.

Stacey- when the nurse rang me to tell me I got BFP she said my progesterone levels were fine so I could stop the crinone I asked her if she was sure it was ok to do that and should I just take it once a day and she said for me to do that. She thinks by stopping the crinone it should help with the constipation and upset tummy. Although I hate the crinone and would really rather not take it I am worried about my progesterone dropping so I think I might give dr o a call or send him an email tomorrow to ask what he thinks I should do. I am so bloated it's ridiculous I really do look about 6 months pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey angels I take vital greens and that keeps me regular especially when on crinone.. It's just all minerals and vitamins in a powder that you mix in with juice or water. I have one everyday!

Good stuff, my naturopath put me onto it!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats angels you must be thrilled.

Stacy - This is by no means an exhaustive list, I tried all sorts of things with very little success and Zofran only controlled it down to 10 times a day instead of the usual 30+

I know, having HG was extreme but my doctor basically told me to eat whatever I wanted as long as I kept trying to eat and kept fluid down the baby would be ok. I started being sick at around 14DPO and from then until 9 weeks I lived on peach iced tea and white magnums – it was literally all I could stomach, at around 9.5 weeks I started craving KFC and ate that for about 6 weeks. I lost 15kg while pregnant despite all the junk and D came out totally healthy.

It’s important to eat & drink little and often, I ate whatever I felt like and/or whatever I knew wouldn't burn on the way back up and I constantly had little sips of hydralite stuff or sucked on an ice block - basically anything to keep water in me.

I tried a heap of things to try ease the sickness and some things would help a little for a few weeks and then stop working so be prepared for your saviour food to totally turn your stomach unexpectedly!

Don't drink when you eat - this was crucial for me because if fluid hit my stomach while I was trying to keep food down I was sick, every single time.

Ginger made me vomit and I tried it in loads of different ways. If you find ginger does work for you, try any of these:
    - ginger tea
    - ginger and lemon drink made from grated fresh ginger steeped in hot water with a slice of lemon and honey to taste – you can drink it hot or cool it down and have it iced or make it into ice-blocks,
    - ginger nut biscuits
    - crystallised ginger
    - ginger sweets (hard boiled ones can be found in some health food stores)
    - ginger ale

Mints/minties/peppermints/chewing gum/peppermint tea etc – all supposed to help nausea and minties were absolutely awesome for me for about a month

they have lollipops made for morning sickness (or travel sickness- sometimes they work) I think they're called preggy or queasy pops - totally useless for me but my friend swears by them

Seabands/ travel sickness bands were useless for me but they're another thing people swear by

Your pregnancy vitamins might be making it worse, if you find you’re sicker after taking them talk to your doctor about alternatives.

Acupuncture can help

Sometimes (I know this sounds disgusting) but just letting yourself throw up can really help

Oh plain rice crackers were good for a while too and vegemite on rice cakes was lovely for about a week.

Listen to your body – if you’re craving a cheeseburger then have one, if you want vegemite on toast, have some. The only meal I never, ever messed with was having a plain (just a scraping of butter) slice of white toast before getting out of bed. I’d often throw it up in the shower but I found that overall I felt better eating it than if I skipped it.

I hope something in there helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies!!! Hope you don't mind me barging in here

I have been with QFG since I started IVF and I live in Brisbane but work on the GC.

I have heard wonderful things of Dr Kee Ong and I'm enquiring if you could help me with a few questions?
    • What times does he start in the mornings
    • Are all the blood test and scans done in the same building
    • What's the parking like
    • What's he like
    I have so many questions. I have only ever been with QFG so I don't know any different.

Thanks Ladies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi there ladies!!! Hope you don't mind me barging in here

I have been with QFG since I started IVF and I live in Brisbane but work on the GC.

I have heard wonderful things of Dr Kee Ong and I'm enquiring if you could help me with a few questions?
    • What times does he start in the mornings
    • Are all the blood test and scans done in the same building
    • What's the parking like
    • What's he like
    I have so many questions. I have only ever been with QFG so I don't know any different.

Thanks Ladies...
    Hi amandamoo!

Welcome!!

Yes we love dr O! Such a nice guy!! We love the guy! I always walk out saying to dh that I love dr o! Haha he always explains everything so we understand it and he doesn't make me feel like a number!

I think he starts at 7.30ish.. Very flexible too! Does a couple of appt on sat mornings too. Last appt is 3.45 I think. Any time you email him he gets back to you within 45 mins.. Usually earlier.. Very open to holistic medicine.

Parking is ok! But there is a huge carpark across the road. Bloods are done in the same building.

Ask away! X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (14-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome Jessesgirl !

How long did you have to wait to see him?
    I'm needing to do IVF and ICSI so I'm wondering if you could tell me the out of pocket for a cycle??
    Also I see you're taking DHEA... just wondering how much your taking and how long do you have to wait before you can cycle again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problems! Anytime!

I got in to see him almost straight away, never a long wait at all.
    I think I was oop around $3500 but I have phi and that covers my EPU etc.. If you don't have phi EPU is around $1000.

Ive been on dhea about 3 weeks now and kee is happy for me to cycle anytime.. But I think since it takes 3 months to hit peak we will leave it til January.

We actually will be doing picsi with kee, are you familiar with that?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (14-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    jessesgirl - when I write your name it reminds me of that song ...

I'm not familiar with PICSI?

Yes I have phi, I'm with Medibank on the top cover.
    Were you oop much for Dr O and the anesthsis (spelling)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha!! Yes I know me too! My dh name is Jesse hence where I got it from!

I only had to pay $30 co payment for my admission. My phi paid half of the anaesthetic bill which is $499.

Sorry I'm on phone and can't remember what else you asked! Haha memory hasn't improved at all on dhea!! Haha