Closed Thread
Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ya girls,

Kitty10 - Yes my blood test went well on Friday and my levels had gone up to 2,500. So I was a happy girl. A holiday sounds wonderful, where abouts are you off too? Good luck with your review appointment this week to.

Liesy - Happy in away that you are feeling sick because it means everything is going to plan and baby is happy in there. I hope it goes away soon though and you can enjoy it all little more. So happy you are pregnant

JG - Oh, JG so sorry to hear about your eggs, I really hope it was just a one off and next time you have loads of mature eggs. I've had a lap and a hysterscopy with Dr O last year for the removal of a septum that ran through my uterus. Unfortunately, I hadn't been in my priv health for 12 months so I had to pay for it. It was $2,800.00 I think for both procedures but it will be less for just the lap. It's only day surgery but I took 4 days off work. Now you have to decided lap or try again with IVF. This road really sucks that we are on, so many things we need to think about and do.

Hi Angels, Teags & Kallioppe I hope you are all doing well

Well ladies, I've had a little bit of a rockie road this week. I had bleeding yesterday morning so called Monash. I went in for another blood test. Dr O called me with the results that my levels had again increased to now 14,000 which was good. But he was worried about the bleed though. He always thought my miscarriages where due to my septum but now having that removed he thinks I may have an immune issue (Natural killer cells) So today I spent 5 hours at Allamanda getting Intralipid injected into me. Hopefully that will fix any immune probs. I was really hoping I wouldn't get the dreaded bleeding again I so wanted it to go smoothly for once. We just want one little buddle of joy in our life. Never mind, this is my road and I just have take each day at a time. I go for my ultrasound on Monday so fingers crossed we find a healthy heartbeat. Otherwise my uterus sucks and I want a new one! I'll keep you posted ladies.
    Last edited by Stacy Lee; 04-10-2011 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels - I've been hearing about that radio call-in all weekend. How disgusting is this women. It makes me so sad that some people just don't realise how much a baby is a miracle, a gift. Some people just take it all for granted and get upset when they can't get the sex they want. Bloody hell some of the people in this world make me sick to my stomach. Anyway, how are you doing? Are you starting your IVF next cycle?

JC - Just wanted to confirm I think my surgery was actually about $3,200.00 and if I had my private health it would have cost me about $1,500.00. Dr O has a big gap so you have to pay more for his procedures. Hope that helps
    Last edited by Stacy Lee; 05-10-2011 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girl Just a quick hello from me!

JG - I hope you are hanging in there okay It is really tough going through each of these hurdles. So how does Dr think having endo will impact on having eggs? If you remove endo will your body produce eggs better? It's a difficult call knowing whether to do the procedure or not. I have a feeling I will have a similar call to make soon about whether I should have an investigations done as well. One thing - is it possible that your body started ovulating and that's why there were empty follicles? Probably not, am sure Dr would have suggested it if he thought it was an option....just thinking out aloud.

Stacy - what a tough experience for you as well you poor thing. Honestly, you go through all of this IVF nonsense and think the worry will be over but nope you have a lifetime of worry left! So the NK cells is interesting, how often do you have to have the infusion now? I really really hope everything is okay with your little bubba...you deserve this baby big time

Apt tomorrow girls.....I hope it goes well, don't really know what the discussion is going to be at all. Normally I know what he is likely to say, but this time it is a mystery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty 10 - Thanks so much for thinking of me. Good luck today with your appointment. Let us know what the Doc says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls!

I hope you are well!

Stacy - Oh Hun! Wow, you are on the rollercoaster again! I hope you are feeling better, Keep positive!! I got the quote from Monash yesterday and looks like $3000 up front and will get back around $1500-$1600.. Still alot of money but I would rather do this than waste another cycle!

Kitty - GL Today! Am thinking of you!! It must be really frustrating what you are going thru, I mean you have gotten preg before, carried to term, etc etc but the little sucker doesnt want to stick second time round... I hope you get some answers today with Dr O.. He isnt sure I have endo.. I mean I have in the past had hidious AF but since being on the herbs I havent had a problem... who knows if it just masked the problem or not.

Hi Everyone else!! Super quiet these days ladies! Teags, Kalli, Angels, Aunty!

AFM- Well its kinda set in that I need to have the surgery now, think cos Ive never really been in hosp and needles freak me out! That and reading the risks... omg! scary much! Dr O wants to do a Lap, Hysteroscopy and Curettage... WTF Ive never heard of the last 2! esp the last one in prep to help fertility!! Dr O seems to think it could be endo that caused the eggs to be empty.. From what I have googled its the endo that may be on my ovary that restricts growth/quality of the follies etc... so Im assuming that if thats removed then it will be ok.. He said of the 3 eggs we had to play with were great quality and them making it to blasty with no frag is a good sign ( I hope so)
    BUT! if its not endo.. Im not sure where that leaves me..

***Also Im not sure if you heard on the radio today that a girl was grabbed last night in Mudgeeraba, but that was my friend she was literally 500m from her house, so please keep safe girls, its scary its in our area now.. The scariest part is the CIB seem to think its the Gooding Dr Rapist... So please, please stay safe and lock your doors!!!! ***

Anyways girls, I hope you are smiling!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    And now.... Just called Medicare... They have no claim forms from me... Great!!!!! Now have to get all the receipts again! Need that mula for surgery!!

Vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls! Thanks so much for your thoughts for today! All went well....well as well as to be expected. Basically he believes it is not an embryo problem as our embies look great. So it must be something with me A bunch of blood tests being done and possibly the hysterscopy thing and then we will see where we are at. I think thats an okay outcome, better than just doing another transfer and hoping for the best.

Jesse - you poor thing. I can't believe medicare lost your receipt! that's ridiculous! What a pain....of course you need the money for the surgery! Ahhrr. Did you find out anything that would tell me the cost of the hysterscopy thing without a lap?

I hope you guys are all well. Thinking of you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Hun,

I think from memory it cost bout $550 + hospital and anaesthetic guy... I can give u the Medicare number when I get home if u like then call southport anaesthetics and they can give u a price!

Just getting hair done!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JG- I think it’s a good idea to have the surgery and see what’s going on in there. I have had all 3 procedures done myself. Don’t worry it’s not too scary, you’ll be fine. You’ve been under for the egg collection, that part is the same. At least then you’ll know if something isn’t right and he can fix it up for you. I had the lap and hysteroscopy last year and I’ve had 3 curettages when I had miscarriages and the fetus didn’t pass so you have surgery and they scoop it out of the uterus. Let us know when you are being booked in.

How terrible for your friend, I hope she isn’t too shaken up by it. That is really scary and to think it could have been the Gooding Drive Rapist.

Kitty 10 - Good news that your embies are healthy. Dr O now just needs to find what else it could be. Hopefully something will come up on the bloods and can be fixed. Good idea to do all that and maybe even the hysterscopy before another transfer. You will have a much better chance of the embie implanting. Our bodies are so painful aren't they?

Well, I had bleeding again last nite so called Dr O this morning and went for my ultrasound early. I didn't expect it but my little darling had a heartbeat. I was very shocked as I didn't think I would see one. Dr O showed me the bleeding is happening on the right of the embie. He has now increased my progestrone to 600 mg per day to try and stop the bleeding and help my womb except the bubby. And I can't do anything until next Thurs when I go back to see him. I have been at this stage before, seen the heartbeat and then next ultrasounds it's gone. But this time I have Dr O looking after me and I'm on progestrone which I've never been on before. So I really hope I get through to 12 weeks. He seems to think if I just get there all should be fine.

Well girls enjoy your weekend and the sunshine. I'll be watching movies and reading Thinking of all xo
    Last edited by Stacy Lee; 10-10-2011 at 10:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Oh Stacy - how are you going hun?? I really hope that the bleeds have subsided and its smooth sailing ahead... I am sending positive thoughts your way. Glad Dr O has been on top of things for you.. he is pretty cool isnt he!

Kitty - Hope you are enjoying your week away! I love the sunny coast!! We go every year for our anniversary its a holiday away from home without being too far! IYKWIM...

AFM - Well I had a meltdown on Friday morning, I knew it was coming.. I had been so up and down and teary and moody and just about everything under the sun! haha.. I actually rung my mum (poor woman had no idea) and as soon as she answered the ph I just cried and cried! I guess I have kept it swept under the rug.. I felt fine and thought I was dealing with it but I guess not! I really sound like a headcase I know...

I emailed Dr O this arvo - yes on a sunday as I have been doing some research on Dhea... so I emailed him and he got back to me straight away surprisngly! he said that he was already thinking about that for me! great minds... but he wants to see what happens with this surgery and go from there... if thats the case then it will put us out til prob march... - - - im feeling all that atm.... that kinda threw me again.. seems this road is getting longer and longer..
    I think I am having a hard time digesting it because well quite frankly I was naive! simple as that! But I know at the end of the day we need to do the best by our bodies or it wont happen theres no point in wasting thousands on failed cycles...

So looks like I will be booked in for surgery on the 17th or 19th of this month! I kind of hope he would find endo as then I guess I wouldnt have to wait so long...

Just a question does anyone take Royal Jelly or Q10? How much and where do you get it from? I bought Q10 - 150mg this arvo and wondered what is the optimum dosage...

Talk soon girls,

Hope you had a super dooper weekend!!

XX