Closed Thread
Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty - One of my friends took melatonin for sleep issues, good to know it's helping with your sleep a bit - will come in handy during the stress of a cycle!

Teags - you're so positive that you've convinced me to switch to Monash & Dr O - I called Monash today and the lady on the phone was just lovely, she's sending me all the info out and said that she of course hopes I don't need it I also have an appointment booked for my GP to get a referral - I figure if this cycle works I'll get the pregnancy management referral instead.

AFM - Our transfer is Sunday morning 9:30, this morning (day 2) we had a 2 cell and a 4 cell so at least they're still growing

Hubby and I have decided we want to transfer both - when we were doing IVF before we were going to transfer two and since we only have two I really don't want to risk one to the freeze/thaw. I called my Dr today and asked that he call me after my day 3 update (tomorrow morning) to discuss putting both back. I'm nervous, he's very against transferring two and he can be really abrasive... I think I might just cry if he's snarky with me. wish me luck talking to him, I've already spoken to the IVF Nurse and the Scientist and both are ok with me wanting to do two so he has no objections and just reads me the riot act on the risks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kalliope – Has your FS called you about the double ET? Its just when I was there (December 2010 to March 2011) they were quite adamant that on your first cycle (and if you were under 30 for all cycles) they would not transfer do a double transfer. The decision also has to go through the Clinic Director, Dr Davidson, who has to ok it. So I would find out if your FS has spoken with him. Unless your FS is a rule breaker who does what he wants at CFC then you will be alright. But I would just make sure because you don’t want to get your hopes up and then they won’t allow it on the day. They may do it on the day if your other embryo doesn’t look good for freezing without having to go through the Director. I would just check today rather than waiting. Good luck! I’m interested to see how you go.

I had already booked my appointment with Monash before my last FET failed, I wanted to move before doing the FET but old DH wanted to try again with them as we had our frosties there. I wish I had gone with my gut and done the FET at Monash but you live and learn. I was of the same thinking – if it worked fabulous but if not, I had my “back up plan” in motion. I hope you get to cancel your appointment at Monash hun. Good luck for Sunday!

Kitty – you won’t believe this, I called Monash and Dr O have brought out my script and she faxed it to Amcal at Broadie, I called them to see what the go is, the girl on the phone had it in her hand called upstairs they were already making a batch and did extra for me so I picked it up last night! Meant to be or what! Hahaha. I don’t know if this is coincidental or not but last night I did have crazy vivid dreams. Not sure if it could be a side effect of the Melatonin or not? I really hope we get to cycle together too. Have you spoken with Monash about your cycle? Whats the plan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!

Kalliope - Good luck with your transfer Sunday...that is exciting! Although I did find that the time that my embryos were in the petrie dish was the most stressful part of the cycle....but sounds like your two are fighting fit and hopefully you get to transfer them both!

Teags - so Monash gave you the First Class service did they?? I pick up my drugs on Thursday next week, but I still don't know what exactly they will be.... we will be cycle buddies I think.....we both better get a positive outcome thought

Aunty - where are you?? I hope you are doing okay

Have a happy friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty - I think they are trying to impress me considering I'm an ex-CFC patient ha ha ha ha good news about getting your drugs. What day are you starting to jab? I can't wait to start again!

Have a fabulous weekend hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Aunty where are you?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags - they must be! Take advantage I think I might be starting the drugs sometime next weekend...perhaps Sunday. Just depends on when my body decides to cooperate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on my phone so will keep this short & pop back later for personals - just wanted to let you know that he reluctantly agreed to a double transfer. I made it clear that we thought a 30% risk of twins was acceptable, that we had considered the risks to maternal & fetal health but that we thought these risks were no higher than a natural twin pregnancy in a woman if my age. I also made it clear that we accepted the risks when we were trying for DS, and had accepted them again when trying clomid this time around (I went to 200) and that to us the 10-20% fail to thaw rate was unacceptable risk when we only had two.

They're both still looking good - 7 cells, no fragmentation and 1 has started compacting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalliope - YAY!!!!!! for a double ET! I am so glad they didn't make you go through all the rigmorale with your transfer. That is such great news. Your embies are sounding beautiful as well.

Kitty - Pretty sure they will start hating me when my cycle starts and I start ringing them all the time Well I will keep my fingers crossed that you can start on Sunday. Did you have to pay when you picked up your drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you girls don't mind if I join your little chat?
    After having our Son in December my other half and I have decided to start trying again. I've got my first appointment with my FS this week and I'm super excited. We have three frozen embryos left over from our cycle with DS -fingers crossed one of those works as I'm pretty sure we don't want to go through another complete cycle.
    I go to CFC - where I've been pretty happy - 2 pregnancies out of 3 transfers isn't that bad ! The nurses are abit "over the top" but we love our FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mandse - welcome, I hope your stay here is short and one of your little frosties becomes your next bubba. Who is your FS at CFC? I'm finding I'm not as upset at CFC now as I was when I was chock full of drugs and stressed that we'd have nothing to transfer but we'll probably still cycle next time (if we have to) at Monash simply due to the difference in payment plan - our rebate from this cycle is enough to do a fresh with them but not with CFC.

Teags – Davidson did have to sign off on my double but that was all handled by my Dr. Both my Dr and the embryologist lectured me today on my chances of both taking given may age from what I can gather a double transfer raises my chance of pregnancy from about 27% to about 40% and the chance of twins is 10% overall which imho is an acceptable risk. Dr kept saying 30% chance of twins which is high but then we realised it's 30% chance of a pregnancy being twins (30% of 40%) which is not quite as scary as we thought!

AFM - we transfered two day 5 compacting morulas our embies are really nice looking but a little slow (a few hours behind where they would like them to be) which slightly lowers our chance of success but not by much. Transfer was very painful and I had light bleeding afterwards, I have a tricky cervix and the whole procedure was pretty stressful. Took my DS to Hi-5 in the afternoon and found myself crying when the thing started - yay for being overly emotional! Beta on the 26th