Closed Thread
Page 37 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Liesey - glad EPU went well, I hope your embies are still going strong! Good luck for transfer on Saturday.

teags - good to hear from you, glad all is well and you're just busy, I hope you get some downtime soon

frangipaniblue - how'd you go with Dr O? I so hear you on the bank account thing, this whole process is expensive - all my friends are buying houses and we're spending more than what would have been our deposit on trying to have another baby, seems totally unfair. I hope you can find a plan for the future that you, your DH & bank can compromise on.

jessesgirl - omg I used to LOVE the Garlic Clove, I can't believe it's still here, we used to go years ago before we moved overseas (like 8 years) and I adored it, there used to be a 5 month waitlist for bookings too, is it still that awesome? I'm so making my hubby take me there! Good luck jabbing

Kitty - how're you feeling about the prospect of a double transfer? Have you wrapped your head around it yet?

Angels - good luck for your biopsy

aunty - how's your cycle going so far?

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM - well we had our inlaws here recently and my MIL reminded me that I would have been 17wks along with the twins right now if things were different. Talk about a stab to the heart, I know she was just trying to recognise the loss but it was so the wrong way to go about it. On top of that I'm pretty sure this cycle is a bust, beta isn't until Monday but the signs are all there that AF will arrive Friday - I have a pretty predictable pattern of sad days, cramping, spotting then AF and she usually arrives 12/13DPO (hence my need for LP support) so I gave in and tested this morning which is 10 or 11 DPO and it was a very definate negative I upped the Crinone as instructed by Dr O but I'm almost positive we won't make it to beta (again). Heaven knows I'd like to be surprised but I really don't think it will happen.

We'll do at least one more cycle of clomid+injects+trigger+crinone+pregnyl and if that doesn't work I think we'll do one final IVF in November/December.
    Last edited by kalliope; 24-08-2011 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liesey - that is such wonderful news. Yes I think it is normal to be really tired after EPU - anaesthetic, 12 eggs etc etc... I hope your embies are still going strong! Good luck for transfer on Saturday

teags - pics yet?

jessesgirl - enjoy your jabbing... I don't mind the jabbing bit... at least you have something to concentrate on.... Good luck when is pick up?

Kitty - I have had lots of double transfers now... they have lovely prams for twins

kalliope sometimes people just say the WORST things don't they. I hear you I hear you. I'm so sorry that you feel like this cycle is a no go... horrible aching feeling isn't it... what can we do... cry, shout, knock it all out and get up again... stupid really but we don't have a choice hey. anyway... sending you lots of

to anyone I've missed

AFM - well Dr O said what I thought he was going to say....Because I was so overstimulated last time (with a previous FS I got 36 eggs and very bad OHSS) he feels that we are looking at an embryo "quality" issues due to the excess "quantity" that I produced... That on top of defragmentation DNA in DH sperm he thinks means potentially poor quality embryos despite the fact that they are blastocysts... So I have 5 FE left but he would rather go fresh with a new antagonist cycle aimed at getting more like 10-12 eggs and then doing PICSI to select sperm..... Do I have enough fuel in the tank for that? Do I have enough money in the bank for that? Do I have enough life left in my marriage to warrant it!!! These are the dilemas I face... Thinking to come...
    Last edited by frangipaniblue; 24-08-2011 at 12:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

I hope you are all going well!

Frangipani – Good luck with making a decision, now that you have explained it fully, it seems reasonable that a stim cycle would give you the best chance, but I totally hear you on the pressure it creates emotionally, financially and on your marriage. It is really hard to decide on the next move, I keep pondering when is enough enough and when do we just get on with our lives and leave infertility behind? It’s all very very stressful and I wish you all the best with thinking through your options. Let us know if there is anything we can do xxx

Kalli – wonderful to hear from you, but not so wonderful to hear that you are feeling that negative coming. I know that feeling well, and hope that you are wrong and get a nice surprise in the next few days, but also know that we girls know our bodies well! When you were pregnant did you know before your test? Did you feel different? I have to say that both times I have been pregnant I totally was convinced I wasn't! Can’t believe your MIL said that about the babies – that is so insensitive! But I guess maybe you are right she wanted to let you know she was aware that you would always be thinking about them, but that probably didn’t comfort you at all!

Leisey – how are those embies going?? I hope you are recovering well, and getting good news on their progress. I find it the most stressful time when the embies are dividing for the first couple of days, so much riding on their success. But you sound like they are doing fine!

Jessesgirl – how did your long weekend go? I hope you had a chance to enjoy life and not worry about IVF….it won’t be long now until you start! How exciting!

Aunty – how is that jabbing going? You must be finished by now surely? When is EPU?

Teags – Don’t work yourself too hard, you are doing a very important job there! And keep popping in to tell us about your progress. We need all the help we can get in here

Just biding my time here in limbo land I have had a difficult time working up some positive energy after the last week, but it is finally starting to return after the last day or so. Twinnies would indeed be amazing but seems ridiculously unlikely in reality! Surely I couldn't go from being so unlikely to get pregnant to getting two babies??

Thinking of you all
    Last edited by Kitty10; 24-08-2011 at 15:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    Hope your all doing well!!
    Just a quick post... My AF is 2 days late.. Over it! Just wondering if I get it on Saturday what happens scan wise?? Aghhhhh x

Will pop on tonight and do personals! Off to see brad tonight! Can't wait!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure everyone's AF is late when you first start IVF! I am sure your body knows what you are about to do to it!! But completely frustrating

If you get AF on Sat I would have thought you would have a scan monday. It's generally day 2/3 I don't think the first scan is too critical as to the exact date.

have fun tonight xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you all!

JG- don't stress too much about your scan, I didn't even have a day 2 scan because he had scanned me a few days before AF arrived. How frustrating for you - being so close to starting and having AF hold you up!

Kitty10- I hope limboland isnt too frustrating for you! ...but in saying that I know that it totally is! Aarrgghh!

Frangipani - I hope you have a peace about what to do. It mist be annoying knowing that you have frosties there but that you might have a better chance with a new stim cycle.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - i feel sick. My tummy is still really bloated (I look 6 months pregnant!!) and still really tender. Hoping it settles down soon! The clinic called me today to say 10 out of our 11 embies are going strong which is great news! ET is scheduled for 8:15 Saturday. I quit my job today! Arrgg! It is just too stressful and I really don't need that much stress at the moment! So now I have to find another Job! Eek! I'm sure it will all be fine.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one from me today..Have had my tonsils out and am in a world of pain and am told it will get worse before it gets better and to top it off AF is due today so not only is my throat killing me i have AF pains as well grrrr.. My DP went in for his Mesa/Tesa today and we are waiting on the lab calling us back this afternoon with the results so fingerscrossed we have good news..We got charged $1900 in total though which im not happy about as we were told it was only $900 i dont know what the go with that is i have phoned Monash and questioned it and they are going to call me back..anyone else been charged that much???

Hope you are all having a great weekend, what awesome weather today its a pity im stuck inside, i get the feeling its going to be a long 2 weeks of recovery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Girls

Kalli - thats terrible, for your inlaws to say that,, Im sure she wouldnt have meant it to be mean, but still... I hope you are smiling.. Ill have my fingers crossed for you tomrrow, your not out til your out! or how ever it goes Ohh Garlic Clove was the best!!! We had such a great night, even though there was no alcohol there, kinda felt odd not drinking champers while at dinner!

Kitty - My weekend was awesome thanks for asking! It was so relaxing, I think everyone should have a 3 day weekend at least once every six weeks! Dinner was lovely, we had such a nice night, the waiter knew it was our anniversary and brought over some balloons and complimentry Port - We havent had a drink for 3 weeks and felt that it would be dis-respectful to turn it away.. it was great haha Yum!! I asked Brad about it and he said that was fine and the most adults should have a day of alcohol is actually 30ml.. Twins isnt so far fetched... It could very well happen!!

Liesey - OMG! You quit your job!! Wow, I cant remember that last time I quit a job, at least you can relax with this cycle! good for you!! The right job will come along, just you wait!

Frangipani - How are you going hun? Do you think you will do a fresh cycle? Why does Dr O want to do that, I guess fresh is best like with anything, but I would want to use the frozen ones I would think.. but of course I dont know a whole lot about it all in that sense.. do what you feel is right...

Angels - Ohhh the pain!! I feel for you thats for sure! Are you feeling better? How did Dp mesa/tesa go? Good news I hope! I saw you other post, did you get it sorted with the money side of things??

Hi to everyone else!!

Wow has anyone else noticed how many ppl are getting there bfp in the August thread! wow blown me away!!

AFM - Well AF has finally turned up!! and will avengence too! I have been off the herbs a week and bam she hit me, so 5 panadol later I am feeling better, (with my cherry ripe) So Im guessing I will have a scan tomorrow.. Wonder if they allow it on day 3, Liesey did you say you had one on day 3? Guess its really just for the AMH isnt it?

Will let you know how I go tomorrow!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jesse,

The lab rang us friday afternoon and told us that they didnt find many and i dont think they were that great either so she was putting them in the incubator to see how they go and then going to freeze them they will then thaw a sample on mon or tues and see if they survive if they do then great we can try and use the few that they have if not she says we will have to do tesa again and use them fresh. We are really disappointed and i am not feeling very hopeful especially after reading the childless not by choice thread it seems alot of the ladies there are in the same boat as us with low AMH and partners with low or poor sperm, im so terrified that its just not going to happen, im so nervous as well that my egg quantity and quality will suck as we havent had much luck with good news so far. Dr O wants me to make an appointment with the nurse to discuss the next step as soon as im all healed from the tonsilectomy so will ring and make an appt for a weeks time. So now we just wait for the lab to ring us next week to let us know if DP's swimmers survived the thaw i will wait til then to discuss the Tesa cost as everytime i have rung there i get a different answer from a different person.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow

Kalli- not a nice thing for your inlaws to say people can be so insensitive sometimes.

Leisey- Good on you for quitting your job, i am looking forward to the day when i can do that.

Teags- How are you going???

Hi to everyone else, its been very quiet on this thread this weekend hope that means that all is well and everyone is having a great weekend.

Last edited by Angels4me; 28-08-2011 at 17:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a very quick note to say thanks for your good thoughts but I woke up to CD1 today. We moved this weekend - so much fun to be carting stuff up and down stairs with nightmare cramps. We're without internet for a few days and I'm useless with the phone but I'll be thinking of you all xxx