Closed Thread
Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Leisey – I read on the other thread that you are unable to start this month. Soo sorry, but sounds like it is something easily fixable so hopefully you will be underway shortly. But you must be really frustrated in the meantime...hang in there.

Frangipaniblue – all set for your FET on Friday??? Very exciting! Hopefully this is the one. Where do you get your hypnosis done? I haven’t heard of doing that for IVF…..

JG – I think the initial appointment costs around $300 bucks from memory but you can claim a fair bit back from medicare if I remember correctly. PH won’t cover anything that medicare covers so far as I understand it. Good on you for doing the 12 week challenge – I am always too scared to sign up to those! Did you get nice and toned and loose weight?

EH – More waiting around patiently! It seems that is all we do!! Hope you are enjoying life in the meantime.

Teags, Aunty, Angels….

So I am still doing daily visits to Monash to wait for ovulation....still not happened yet! Hopefully tomorrow I am perplexing Dr O again...he keeps muttering that I should be pregnant by now I agree!! So we are going to try an intralipid infusion tomorrow and throw that into the mix! So 4 hours at the hospital. Kalli/EH - one of you has done this haven't you?? Have you actually been tested for immunity issues?

Next question is the old exercise question - what do you guys do during the TWW?? I have gotten into a great gym habit and was going to just do low impact stuff for the next fortnight, but then I just read in one of my books that you should basically stay bedridden for 3 days after transfer Has anyone got any advice? I don't know what to do!!! Maybe don't do exercise for a few days after transfer and then do low impact stuff?? So frustrating because I don't want to hurt my little embie but I also want to keep in the groove of exercising so I don't loose momentum......

Off to acupuncture soon! Wow this getting pregnant business is hard work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty- I've had the intralipid! Take a book, and wear something warm, even take socks. You get quite cool lol. They offered me food but I took my own anyway What time are you going? If it's in the morn you'll probably see some other monash girls out of their EPUs and get chatting If nothing else, enjoy the 4 hours of 'nothing'!!!

Exercise.....well I've always stopped during 2ww- dunno why- when I've fallen preg (naturally mostly) I haven't changed anything lol. I'd be inclined to have a few days off, then just do light stuff.

Hope you O tomoz!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told after last transfer to just go on as normal. Also I read somewhere a woman saying her doctor told her that the uterus is basically like a jam sandwich and that it was unlikely anything she could do physically could harm the chances. I don't know where I read that, sorry I just remember it because the imagery was kinda gross.

Waiting to have acupuncture now - hope it helps these nasty clomid side effects - I feel like rubbish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much EH! Warm socks is a good tip!!

Kalli - we must have been at acupuncture together again tonight!! I just got back sorry I just realized I didn't add you to my personals earlier. Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Kitty - Thanks, I am sooo disappointed! I am thankful that it is something easily fixed but as I mentioned earlier -I am sooo impatient and the thought of waiting another 6-8 weeks is horrendous!! I hope you Ovulate tomorrow! How frustrating! and 4 hours at the hospital doesn't sound super fun!

Kalli - Yay for ovulating! Hope this natural cycle brings the BFP!

Frangipani - Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow, here's hoping it's a sticky one!

EH - I hope things have quietened down for you so you can get your "me" time back!

JG - I bet you are excited about Saturday! I am looking forward to hearing all the details of your appointment!

And Everyone else - Hi! Hope you are all having a great week!

We have had our August cycle cancelled due to both mine and DH's homocysteine being too high. Dr Dunn wants DH to be on a super strong dose of Folate for another month to counteract the homocysteine and make those swimmers stronger! I am sooo frustrated because i had every detail sorted in my head! I was ready to start!! I had my baby being born in May next year (yep, always the optimist!) and had worked out when i'd go on maternity leave and how it would all work...(yep, if only everything that i planned in my head actually happened!!) and now we have to wait. I am thankful that the Dr is being thorough, but it still sux a bit! as my cycle is irregular who knows how much longer it will be while we wait for this cycle to come and go and then wait for the next one! He is starting me on Clomid when AF arrives so that the next cycle will hopefully be shorter? is that right? I have only heard horrible things about Clomid so i'm not super excited about taking it.

Well that is all i have time for as my batter is about to die!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liesey my cycles were massively irregular - anywhere between 45 to 185 days. On clomid they regulate to 30 - 45 days. It usually helps to shorten cycles even if you don't ovulate (which I didn't when I took it before). For most people it's not a bad drug I react particularly badly but I know loads of girls who think it's a miracle pill.

Sorry your cycle was cancelled - it's disappointing, I know but I'd rather a cancelled cycle than a failed one iykwim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Today is not a good day for me, Dr O rang me today with the results of my AMH test and said that normal range is between 14-30 and mine were 4.5 .. i am gutted to say the least and have been having a pity party for myself all day, unfortunately i had to go to work but its all i have been able to think about all day. You really take it for granted that you can have children until it becomes very real that it may not happen. So now DP will have to go and have his biopsy done to see if he has any swimmers left, we have to cross our fingers real tight that there is no problems there otherwise we could be in big trouble i think..Anyone else had problems with very low AMH???

Kitty- How did you go today???

Sorry for no other personals ladies but i cant scroll back and my memory is shocking..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelsfor me You poor thing, I am so sorry to read your news. This fertility business is such heartbreaking work Yet another hurdle but hopefully not all is lost yet. What did Dr O say about your chances and options for going forward?? I have read of ladies on here who have gotten pregnant with really low AHM (1/2) but it obviously makes a harder job of getting pregnant. How is your DH dealing with the news??? Look after yourself (my suggestion is wine and chocolate) and grieve for a while, and then you can start to plan your next move..

I am finally ovulating So our transfer is on Wednesday. And I did my infusion yesterday, almost read a whole book I was there so long!! So we will see what next week brings.

BTW, my acupuncture guy said no exercise for 3 days after transfer and then just really really light walking type stuff. So I will try that

JG - Only one more sleep to go I hope tomorrow goes well!! You must report in!

I am procrastinating on a uni assignment, really must go and do something about it.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have been MIA girls. Working the last few days so that I could have some time off post FET

Everything went really well. My endometrial lining was a lovely thick jam sandwich and two little stars lit up my uterus . Everything feels good at this stage and I am praying and hoping

I went to Hypnosis last night which was very helpful in just relaxing and visualising. The hypnotherapist I saw was Angelique Porter http://www.angeliqueporter-phoenixhypnotherapy.com/ She was great and I slept like a baby last night (no pun intended). So after acupuncture before and after the FET I am taking it easy this weekend with lots of positive affirmation and prayer.

I had the lipid infusion last week and it was pretty non-eventful. I believe Dr Ong likes you to have them again in the first trimester once you get the so hoping to have another LOL. I don't have and NK risk factors but I think he figured he would boost me with everything he could.

Angelsforme I am so sorry .. there is nothing that I can say that will ease your heartbreak My only advise is let yourself grieve and work through each stage because only then can you get up to tackles the B**** that is our fertility road again

Yeah Kitty what wonder news. I'm sure the infusion was uneventful... I always take my lap top and last time I watched some of Greys season 1 to bite the boredom so it went really quick...

Liesey More dang disappointment POO! Yes stay positive this is something easily fixed and the lesson of impatient/patience is frequently learnt around here

Hello to everyone must go... this pregnancy business with FET, acupuncture and hypnotherapy makes me a very tired girl

Xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls!!

How are we all? Another gorgeous day on the GC, how lucky are we?

Well our appt went really well!! Oh I think Im in LOVE with the man! haha hes so laid back and casual! He did an ultrasound and found lots of folys and said I have a perfect uterus! Lucky me! Was so interesting to see it all! Thats not weird is it? hmmm.. He says I dont need surgery at this stage and is recommending we do Picsi.. wasnt expecting that one.. Hes given me a referal to get a AMH test done and DH a karotype test.. do you know how much the karo is? Says we can start next cycle if we want!!! eek!!!!!!!!!! So fingers crossed all comes back with with my bloods!
    Hes just so lovely! Know exactly how you feel about him now!! haha.

Frangipani - I will have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!! Let this be the perfect lil sticky for you!

Liesey - Like Frangipani said thats poo!! I hope things turn around for you! So what happens from here?

Kitty - Ohhh how exciting!!! Im over the moon for you!! I hope this is your turn!! This month is going to be busy for sure!!! Where do you get your acc done? I think I will start getting it done too!!
    Yeh I loved doing the 12 week challange, gave me the push to keep going, I started at 74kg and got down to 68kg and that was so hard as there wasnt that much to lose, More toned than anything! I wanted to do it again in Sept but thats prob when we will start out first cycle and dont want to over exert myself...

Teags - Where out thou?? Hope alls well!! You would be coming up to 12 weeks now, gosh thats gone fast!!!

Angels- Im so sorry to hear of your news.. I would have had a pity party too!!

Cant scoll back any further! So hi girls!!

Has anyone done PICSI? Am off to do some reesearch now! eek Im so excited and nervous to be doing this! so long in the making!!!!

Have a good night girls!! Thanks so much for your help!!

xx