Closed Thread
Page 28 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kalli That sucks. Why isn't AF cooperating? Especially since you just need her to come so you can have a rest, not so you need her to do anything!! You are right, it is totally the emotional preparation that you need to have under control over for each IVF hurdle, so frustrating when things don't go as planned and you aren't emotionally ready I hope she comes soon!

JG - Yaayy for your appointment moving forward! That never happens

Such a beautiful sunny day today, we just went and had a little picnic in the park. So nice to get some sunshine and dust away my gloom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Kally Oh my day 57... you must be ready to rip someones head off I have used Provera before... I think though I had waited 7 weeks for AF.... Cant say whether it was good or bad cause I didnt get pregnant though. Big and I hope the little witch turns up asap.

Kitty10 I have had 2 stimulation rounds of IVF. First one 22 eggs, 17 to day 3 where we did PGD. With that round I ended up with 6 supposedly chromosomally normal embryos. I had 3 transfers (1 fresh, 2 Frozen)... 1 chemical pregnancy

2nd round 36 eggs, 17 fertilised, and 14 embryos to day 5. They were all frozen though as I had OHSS very badly. Had one FET with the other FS and then have just had another with Dr O. At present I have 8 frozen embryos awaiting....

I go in for a US tomorrow to see what the old lining is doing and to estimate my "natural" ovulation... I'm still feeling pretty raw over the last cycle but Dr O wants us to do another right away. He seems so positive and lovely so I draw a little strength from that.

I hear you on the "everyone is pg but me" whine.... me too... LOL... The only thing that keeps me going is .... I dont want their baby I want mine!!! xxxxxx

Teags water births are lovely honey and the only way to go if you can. I look forward to hearing about a lovely birth for you.

Thanks so much girls for your support and

Here's hoping we are ALL barefoot and pregnant ASAP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!!

I just had my appointment with Dr Dunn. I am so excited! We start in August! Now I just have to wait for AF to arrive! He was excellent. He spent an hour and a half with us and was really encouraging. He did an US and confirmed that i have PCOS but doesn't think it will effect our chances as whatever he was looking at on the ultrasound indicated that he would get heaps of eggs (i'm still learning to understand doctor talk). DH is feeling excited now that he's got all the facts and knows what will be happening. we are going to do an Antagonist cycle with DH's TESA on the same day as EPU. We have to have blood tests tomorrow and then back to see Dr Dunn next Tuesday. I'm so happy that something is actually happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls! What's going on? We are on page 4!! I shall bring us back to the top

I guess we are really all just waiting around to start, I bet we will be busy soon enough though....

Kalli – how are you going? Any AF yet? Have you talked to the lovely Dr O to see what your options are? Sounds like he is in favour of just letting your body catch up eventually – frustrating but hopefully it will mean it will be nice and fertile when AF does finally arrive.

Frangipani – you are getting a lot of eggs! That’s amazing although it makes my ovaries hurt just thinking about it. How was your scan this week? Are you ready to ovulate? We will be TWW buddies soon I think!

Liesey – so glad your appointment with Dr Dunn went well and it’s great you can finally move forward!

Aunty – how are you? How’s the exercise going? I have been trying SOOO hard in the gym before this transfer (that doesn't mean that I am overdoing it! Just that I am trying to actually turn up at the gym ) and can’t bear to get on the scales just in case it hasn’t done a thing!! But I figure I will take it easy during the TWW so need to work hard when I am not cycling. Are you still scheduled to start on 8 August?

Jessesgirl – hi! What’s happening for you? Just waiting around until 30 July! Not long to go now!

Teags – I would occasionally wake up feeling hung over when I was pregnant and feel very ripped off! Surely you should only feel that bad when you have had an amazing night!! You must be getting closer to the magical 12 weeks! So jealous

EH – you have been quiet! I hope that’s just cause of computer issues! How is the implant thing going? Have you organised it yet? I hope everything is still going along without any problems on the adoption front!

Nothing much to report on for me, just going to a scan on Monday to see what's happening, but I think I will ovulate in about a week, which should mean a transfer in just less than a fortnight I guess.

Those of you that have done a FET before, did you have to use OPKs to detect your surge?? The monash paperworks talks about using them, but I hate OPKs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Well i had my very first appointment with Dr O on friday but wont really know much until i do blood test on monday to check my AMH then DP has to go and have a biopsy done to check to see if there are any swimmers in there (he had a vasectomy 13 years ago) so we will know where we are at after those tests have been done. Has anyones DP had a biopsy done under a local?? Dr O said he could get completely knocked out under a general and feel nothing or do it under a local and it will feel like he has been kicked in the nuts I dont think we will have a choice though as Dr O says the hospital fee to have it done under general will be about $2000 . I asked what type of vitamins i should be taking and he said all i need to take is Elevit and all DP needs to take is Menevit (he is currently taking USANA) and that only one month before starting IVF will be fine, naturopaths say that u need to be taking them at least 4 months prior to get the healthiest eggs and sperm possible, i think i should stop researching things like that cause i end up getting confused..Dr O also says i need to try and get pregnant by the end of the year so i can get best possible refund from medicare so many things to wrap my head around. Anyway i need to have my tonsils out and Dr O says i should do that before starting but am unable to get it done until after August 29 as thats when my hospital cover kicks in..so wish i had of got my butt into gear and got this whole process underway earlier..So for now i will get my blood tests done on mon and wait to see what he says about those results fingers crossed i still have plenty of eggs but am concerned with the amount of hormone problems i have had that i may have been going through early menopause i hope i am wrong, then if those tests come back ok DP will go in for his biopsy and amongst all that hopefully i can get in quickly after my hospital cover kicks in to get these tonsils out then our journey will begin.

Would love to know what vitamins you lovely ladies are taking and how long you have been taking them and what else you are doing like acupuncture etc???

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Lots of to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies, I'm on my phone again so only a short(ish) update from me. I feel so mean just updating me when I have lots to reply to but our visitors leave at the end of this week so I'll be able to get some time on my laptop and catch up properly.

I rang Kee on Tuesday and went in for some bloods on Wednesday (CD59) which showed I ovulated on my own for only the second time in 7 years and could expect AF any day (last time I ovulated on my own we got or natural miracle ) so I rang Kee and said since I ovulated was it worth giving clomid one last go now that I'm on metformin which seme to be helping. He said yes actually he said "it's alwsys better to get you pregnant without IVF if we can" (i love that man) so we're giving this 'rest' cycle to clomid and if it doesn't work we're doing IVF again with the next cycle. I don't have much hope for it but I reckon it's worth a try since clomid is $60 and our next IVF is $8.5k!

I started spotting Friday, woke up with full blown AF on Saturday so heavy that I was going through a super in under 20 mins. Clomid starts tonight - I'm in the small percentage of women who get nightmarish side effects plus the metformin gives me constant nausea and tummy ache (which is why my other doctors didn't bother to keep me on it but Kee says any is better than none and to keep trying because it will help) so I'm not exactly looking forward to the next 14 odd days of night sweats, nausea, abdominal cramping and general *****iness on top of the metformin side effects and truth be told I'd rather inject myself than take clomid again (it was that bad) but our bank balance demands we at least try before dropping more money into the house deposit sized amount we've spent so far in the quest for another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels - glad you have had your appointment. You certainly have a lot of info to take in! Wouldn't your health insurance cover the hospital costs if your DH chose a GA? And very frustrating about the tonsils! Can't they just behave for a while so you can start IVF???? I take a bunch of pills from my naturopath, mainly a multi-vitamin, zinc and fish oils and have been on them forever. I think most naturopaths would say you need to be on them for 3/4 months for great egg and sperm development, but perhaps Dr O thinks that because you don't have any problems in that area you should be fine?

Kalli - YYaaayyy for ovulating! How amazing if you could get a natural miracle again!! Do you put that down to accupuncture? Or something else???

Thanks
    Reviews
    On page 4... no wonder I couldn't find us on my phone

Kalliope WOW an ovulation... that is very exciting finally something good has come out of a 59 day cycle Sorry about all the meds and alike nothing about this road and the meds is much fun hey. for this cycle though. Everything crossed for you

Angels4me bugger about the private health care. Tonsils are the worst though yuck I use a pregnancy vitamin supplement, folic acid and Vitex before ovulation. Acupunture... had it with my first antagonist cycle and got 22 eggs so FS said no acupuncture for the next round (with that antagonist cycle I got 36 eggs and OHSS )... This past cycle I did acupuncture before and after transfer but

Kitty10 yes I tend to be a bit off a super-ovulator... I think that is why Dr O is now scratching his head. My scan went well Friday and I had bloods which showed the LH surge... so we are all booked for a FET Friday. I am way but what else can you do... 8 frosties need a home ... This time we are going natural cycle with progesterone only. I will also have acupuncture before and after and for the first time I am going to have hypnosis Thursday evening before the transfer. I have used hypnosis before and always find it really relaxing and helpful and a little bird shared that she had some success with hypnosis and IVF... Anyway I figure no harm no foul why not

Aunty, Jessesgirl, Teags, EH, Liesey

Happy weekend all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls!!

How good was this glorious weekend! Perfect winters days.. maybe just minus the wind chill!

Yes, well this week will just drag I know it! I am literally hanging for our first appt with the magical Dr O on Saturday!!
    Anything I should know, ask, expect? Where is the best place to park? For those who have PH did you get much back on that? or is it just medicare?

We had a BBQ with friends today and gosh I was so clucky by the end, my friend had a little boy 6 weeks ago and his personality is shining thru already! just such a placid, happy baby!

Kalliope - Ohh awesome you finally O'd!! Bless Dr O! Reassures me that hes not in it for the $$$$.. So a month on Clomid for you!! I will have all my fingers and crossed for you hun!!! I hope the side effects arent too bad for you though..

Angels4me - Oh gosh! Doesnt sound like fun times ahead for DH! A nice kick in the nuts is a nice way to put it!! I have DH on Usana too, Im not on it though.. It does get $$ too but I figure we will just see what happens.. Actually come to think of it DH saw an article on Usana and it said that the levels were 1000-2000% over the recommend intake.. which is kinda a waste really.... considering the price.. we have just run out and need to get some more! I hope your bfp is just around the corner!!

Liesey - Yippy!!!! You are on your way!!! thats great news hun!!! So happy for you!!! August is going to be an exciting for you!!

Kitty/Aunty - haha Im on the gym thing got you too!! We are 'trying' so hard too! Its darn hard though!!! So freakin cold at 5am, not to mention DARK! DH and I did a transformation challenge that finshed in may this year (12 weeks) that was a good motivator for me as I didnt want to let the team down so to speak.. since then I have been so lazy... hmmm Not long til you FET !!!

Everyone else I cant scroll back any further!!!
    Seems August and September will be very busy for us all!! I hope by the end of Sept we can all discuss our horrid morning sickness and feeling yuk! haha

have a super week girls!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! So Sorry for being so MIA, I am just really off the computer at the moment, and am enjoying my time without it. And it's too frustrating to do a proper reply on my phone

So hello to the newbies! I think since I was here last we have Frangi & Angels..? Welcome girls! I hope you both have success soon. Sorry if there's any others, I can't scroll back any further to see

KALLI- yay yay yay for O!! Bring on a nat bfp this cycle!! I'm familiar with long cycles, mine can be anywhere from 5-12 weeks...SO frustrating and makes O super hard to pinpoint. Glad you're on your way!

KITTY- as far as FET's and OPK's go for me, see what I just wrote above lol, my FET's are HRT ones (progynova) so are based on when my lining is thick enough not on O. I think if you have reg cycles you can do OPK's and ask for BT's to confirm, I'm sure they'd accommodate you

TEAGS- How's everything going? Have you seen your OB yet???

JG- Yay, not long now!! Parking- there is parking behind the Monash building (driveway is on the Eastern side of the building), and you can park in the spots that say 'X Ray' if that's all that's there (well Kee told me to anyway lol). If there's none, you can try the hospital carpark (usually never a park unless you're there for an op at like 6am lol, but Sat might be diff). Otherwise you just have to find a side street and walk. Allow an extra 10-15 in case you have parking issues! I mostly am able to get a park at Monash but allow time in case I can't.

Oh, and Kee is defs not a $$ grabber. He and I have had some passionate discussions (in agreeance lol) about several issues, and money grabbing Dr's is one of them! He's told us that he will tell us when he feels like IVF is not going to be of anymore help to us, and that he doesn't like FS's that have patients do numerous cycles because 'IVF is a numbers game'!

FRANGI- YAY for FET this week!! Good luck, I hope this is the one for you

ANGELS- poo about your tonsils! How annoying I hope that all goes well for you xx

LEISEY- Glad you've got the ball rolling! Bring it on!

AUNTY- Hope all is going well there for you

I'm sure I've missed people, so sorry if I have

AFM- well not much, just biding my time in menopause I got my Zoladex implant in on 14th July. Kee just gave me a local and then (I think, wasn't watching lol) injected a needle/tube thingy and pushed the implant in. It feels like a grain of rice under my skin. They last for a month so I go back on 15th Aug to have the next one. I think I'll have 3 all up. No major side effects yet, some minor hot flushes (but I can get them anyway) and sleep problems (have them anyway lol). So I think I prob won't be cycling till Oct/Nov.

We're in limbo with our adoption too- we are currently waiting for the green light from the regional somebody for the process to start. But it's still a long road ahead, 1-2 years!

Ok, I'll try and be back sooner next time! I have been thrown out too cause I had to do 4 big trips to Brisbane last week and it totally took away any 'me' time! I have more to come too- helping an aunty who is having eye surgeries.

Hope everyone has a good week!