Closed Thread
Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Angels4me! We are in a similar position to you! We are also doing IVF after my DH (who is also 40) had a vasectomy and our first appt with our FS is next Tuesday! I look forward to sharing all our questions after our appointments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Angels4me welcome and good luck for Friday

Teags
    I am day 9 of my cycle and Dr Ong wants to do an US Wednesday to see where my lining is. From there I have bloods until we see the LH surge. Dr Ong wants this to be a natural cycle so 5 days from when I ovulate 2 FE will be transferred. As I mentioned I am not sure if I have the strength for this one. The last cycle was so hard when I got I think I am confusing Dr Ong... he cant figure out why it didnt work... So needing lots of and

So glad to hear about your US... Are you going to have your baby at John Flynn .... very noice ...

Have a lovely Sunday girls... Great to see the sun hey.

Mwhaa xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies! Sorry I typed a big post yesterday and silly iPhone didn't work and didn't post it! But the quick run down is hi to leisey and frangipani! And today now hi to angels! Nice to have some more gc ladies! Hi teats hope our baby is doing well! Kitty can't wait to cycle with u soon, providing kee is not away then I guess I wait till September. Hi to everyone else! Love all of u beautiful ladies! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha auto correct teags not teats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auntyof5 View Post
    Ha ha auto correct teags not teats!
    Haha!! Too funny!! Oh how I wish I had one more day off!! Hope all you girlies had a super weekend! Will pop on in the am and do a big post! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Monday everyone! I take that back, Monday is never good! Sorry I have been absent so so long as usual. But happy to say have been living life witha little less thinking about TTC. Until this week that is! Appointment on Wednesday with Dr O to plan our start date! I do hope we can start on 8 August so that will mean EPU on around 20th. Does that sound right to everyone? I'm not sure of how long from cycle start to EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews

Aunty – I was thinking about you and wondering where you had got to. I am glad you have been busy enjoying life and not being hung up on all this TTC stuff. Good on you. Oh so exciting you have your appointment with Dr O! Very, very exciting! It will depend on what type of cylce he has you do. Generally from when you start injections (in an antagonistic cycle) it is about 12-14 days for EPU depends on how your body reacts to the drugs will be how soon you get to go to EPU.

Frangipaniblue – Oh hun you poor thing. Getting that BFN is so hard when you put so much into a cycle. At least on the upside of doing a non-medicated FET is that your body is already doing its thing and its so much easier on you side effects wise from the meds. I really hope that this time around you get the elusive BFP. When do you think you will do your FET? We are going to John Flynn as I really want to have a water birth. But we shall see.

Angels4me – welcome! You will really like Dr O, he is a truly lovely man and is very informative. Which is just what you need. He gives out so much information without you always having to quiz him. It makes it a lot easier when you are cycling. As long as you are taking Elevit (or something similar) I think that is the main thing. Dr O will let you know what he recommends. I always take in a list of questions with me but I found that he answered most of them. But I had already cycled with another clinic so knew the general process of IVF and what would happen. I always take a run down of our fertility history just to have even for my own reference if they ask questions. Oh I have read that Jodi Piccoult novel when I was on my last TWW, such a great read. I definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn’t read it.

Liesy – I am impatient too! Which other FS have you made the appointment with? Dr Dunn? He works out of the same rooms as Dr Isherwood. If its him, he is a nice man. He scanned me a few times. We haven’t told anyone apart from my mum. DH wants to wait until we have our 12 week NT scan before we say anything. Its been easy not too because I haven’t been drinking for so long while doing IVF that people don’t ask me why I’m not drinking so its easy to avoid telling.

AFM – Nothing much to report. Hating that its Monday already. Was really off yesteday. I felt hungover but I think it was a sympathy hangover for DH as he had a bucks night on. Lol. We just vegged out at home and I caught up on some snoozing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies! It is getting busy in here, we are on the first page

Frangipaniblue – Welcome! Looks like we will be FET cycle buddies together! I think I am confusing Dr Ong as well so hopefully he can sort us both out this cycle! How many transfers have you had? 4 over two cycles? 8 frosties is excellent – I hope there is a perfect little bubba in there for you!

Aunty – nice to hear from you! I hope I can still do cycles regardless of Dr O being away, it’s only a FET and he said that we shouldn’t wait for him so hopefully that means we can get someone else to do the transfer for us if necessary! I think Teags is right about the dates, so that should be exciting! Which means I should be in the crazy TWW while you are jabbing. Our thread will be busy!

Angels4me – welcome! I like that our thread is getting busy but I hope your stay is short. I think I will read the Jodi Picoult book – it sounds very interesting but I am not sure I will be emotionally strong enough to read about it in the middle of IVF! I think Dr O should start paying us commissions for bubhub referals to him!

Liesey – soo sorry about your appointment being postponed! That is really frustrating. As I keep saying this IVF business is so emotional and I hate it when things change because you have all these emotions that go with it. But good news you have an alternative appointment so you can keep the ball rolling.

Teags! Glad all is going well for you guys!

Jessiegirl – I didn’t have to do testing before starting IVF but I did have a recent ultrasound, and no symtoms of problems, and perhaps already having a baby meant he didn’t think the risk was high of a lap showing anything? Not sure.

Kalli – has that nasty AF decided to make an appearance yet?

EH – hello! Hope you had a lovely weekend

I am going well, I have a scan next week which should be around day 11 for me, with the FET about a week later all going well. I have been pretty distracted from it all really which I suppose is good. Still doing the accupunture and trying to be positive that this cycle will work!

Had a bunch of people over to our place yesterday, another friend announced their pregnancy. Obviously happy for them, but glum for me….yet another baby and none for me.. Wow this infertility stuff just hits you at the worst time, I don’t think it ever goes away even when you do have a baby of your own.

But enough whinging, this FET is gonna work so I will have my own bundle soon I hope….

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Wow busy in here for a Monday! A gorgeous day to say the least!!

Welcome to all the new girls!! Lots of people to chat to now! Im trying to talk my friend into joining us on here as shes starting her vvery first cycle next monday with Dr Ong! Seems he a super famous guy on the coast!

Well I have some good news! Monash called and Dr Ong isnt avail on the 6th August so have brought the appt forward to the 30th July!! I cant wait!!!!!
    It seems so close now!!

So it seems most girls have the surgery prior to a cycle.. Teags - Who did you go thru for your surgery? JFH?
    I have terribly sore boobs atm and aunt flow isnt due for another 10 days so fingers crossed! Im not keeping my hopes up yet as I dont want to be disappointed!

TEAGS - what ob have you chosen? Is he at JFH? Have you decided whether you and DH will find out the flavour of bubs?? eek Im so excited for you!

KITTY- Ive also had a few friends annouce their pregnancy lately. Im so truly happy for them but yes feel a little stab in the heart when its not me... hmmmm But I figure it will happen very soon!! Positive pennies all the way!!

I cant scroll up any further!! Hope all you lovely girls are doing great! Not long til we have a few girls in the 2WW!!

Have a great day!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I'm so sorry this is going to be a whinge whinge all about me post, I'm on my phone and typing on this thing drives me crazy. Hi to the new girls, I hope to get on the actual computer in the next few days so I can reply propperly!

CD57 and nothing to show for it, am going to call Kee this week to see what he wants me to do... maybe, I'm not sure. I'm really not emotionally ready to go again - plus the whole thing about having a surgery cycle then a rest cycle is that I've been really bad this cycle (drinking, eating crap and totally not exercising), I'm not physically ready to go again either. Getting AF will be the kick in the backside to move me into the get ready phase but Kee seemed to be really set on making everything happen naturally so I'm hesitant to take provera to get things moving into the rest cycle without his say-so. I have to call to get another metformin script anyway so I guess that will give me the prodding I need to pick up the phone.

Blergh I'm so over being in limbo, over waiting for AF and totally over having visitors.