Closed Thread
Page 26 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome Kitty! Congratulations on AF arriving! hehe.

JG, they cancelled because she will be in surgery next week... which just reinforces the benefits of what Teags said about having an FS who only focuses on IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls,
    Just on my ph ATM so I'll ve quick til I get on the puter!
    A friend has just seen dr ong today and when AF shows up she's starting her first Ivf cycle, she asked the costs and when there due... Can u shed some light of when and how much they are.. Is it about 10k or more round the 8k bracket..

Thanks girls!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I'm on my phone too!! Quickly-

Welcome Leisey!! That FS used to be at Monash years ago, so I'm sure she knows her stuff

JG- depending on any extras, it should be around $8.5k, before rebates.

I'll be back later on in the weekend to do a proper reply!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jesse

Yeah it is around 8.5K - they let you pay it in two instalments. One before you pick up your drugs and the other before egg pickup. Monash have a really good little table of all the costs and rebates which I have found to be really accurate.

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello girls,
    I hope you don't mind me joining... I admit I have been lurking for awhile and even posted once as I waited for me Pg test which turned into a .... So I deleted the post so as not to bring anyone down...

But here I am again.... waiting waiting...

I too am seeing Dr Ong who wants me to have one more try this month. To be honest I am not sure that I have the strength... My road has been long and hard and basically "unexplained".... I am a super ovulator though and am blessed to still having 8 frozen embryos. I am so hoping for a success and could do with some supportive encouragement.

Teags - I have so enjoyed reading your pregnancy diary. Congratulations on your "Natural" cycle so looking forward to hearing about the next scan

Kitty10
    So glad AF has arrived for you... She is but a blessing and curse hey. Onward and upward with lots of hope for you this cycle

Liesey You have done the right thing by jumping straight at IVF.My hubby had also had a vasectomy and we did the reversal first... All we achieved with that was out of pocket $$$$$ and miscarriages... Lots of luck to you

Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all. And more importantly having lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls!!
    Hope ur enjoying the last day if the week!! Haha.

I have another question- when u saw dr ong did he request before u started any Ivf that u get a laproscopy done? my friend told me she knows all her friends have gad it done before anythings started..

Have a super weekend! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hey girls!!
    Hope ur enjoying the last day if the week!! Haha.

I have another question- when u saw dr ong did he request before u started any Ivf that u get a laproscopy done? my friend told me she knows all her friends have gad it done before anythings started..

Have a super weekend! Xx
    Hi jessesgirl

for me yes... I came to Dr Ong as my second FS after having two stimulation cycles with another FS in Brisbane. The first cycle I produced 22 eggs and we did PGD (ill advised by FS... a $$$$ spinner I think). With that cycle I had 1 Fresh ET and the 2 FET with supposedly perfect embryos and no pregnancy. I then (stupidly) did another cycle with the same FS. This time no PGD but OHSS and 36 eggs retrieved....

I came to Dr Ong and the first thing he did was request a whole heap of blood tests that I had never had before and I had a hysteroscopy and D&C....

My FET last month after that though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Moring Gorgeous Ladies
    Brrrrrrr its freezing today! But I have to admit I am loving this rain. I just wished I could have stayed in bed this morning instead of coming to work!
    Liesey – So sorry to hear that your FS appointment was pushed back. That is so annoying especially when you are really looking forward to it. What date is your appointment now?
    Kitty – Whooo hooooo for AF arriving. Bring on your FET!!!! I hope the TWW before the TWW goes fast for you and then the TWW after the TWW goes even faster.
    Frangipaniblue – Welcome lovely to the thread. We definitely don’t mind you joining us. The more the merrier. I think the road of “unexplained” infertility would be very hard. At least I have PCOS and Endo to blame my situation on. I do feel for you hun Thanks for the congratulations. I still don’t really believe we could have gotten this lucky. Where are you at in your cycle ATM?
    JG – Dr Ong recommended I have a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and cervical dilation before cycling. He said he wouldn’t do a cycle unless I had the hysteroscopy and cervical dilation and thought it would be beneficial for me to have the laparoscopy – which it turns out I needed anyway because I have endo. So luckily I did have all the procedures as I don’t have any real symptoms for endo but Dr Ong was onto it.
    AFM – We have graduated from seeing Kee. Aww it was a bit sad as we are going to miss him. We had our scan and it was all perfect The baby’s heartbeat was 170bpm. We even saw it moving around on the screen which was amazing. I have booked in for our NT scan in 3 weeks which Kee has referred us to QLD ultrasound for Women, which is apparently if there are any issues with your NT scan at any other radiology they will refer you onto. The scan costs about $300. We have our first OB appointment at 11 weeks and we are going to see Dr Singh. So hopefully we will love him as much as we love Kee.
    I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend and staying warm and dry. I am freezing and think I need to put a few more layers on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Girls!

Welcome Frangipaniblue! So nice to have you here. I'm hoping you will get your BFP very soon!!

Teags - My appointment isn't until July 29... But as I am totally impatient and didn't think i would survive the wait, I have made an appointment with one of the other doctors at CFC for next Tuesday.. I have kept my appt with Dr Isherwood in case I don't like the FS on Tuesday, but i just want to get things started and at least talk about the process! How exciting your scan went well! Have you started telling people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Hope you have room for another gold coaster on here Im new to the world of IVF although i have been stalking bub hub for a few months and have learnt alot but still have so much to learn, you are all amazing and inspirational i hope that i am just as strong and brave as all of you. I have my first appt with Dr Ong next Friday and am excited but very nervous about the whole thing, i have read alot of great things about Dr Ong on here which is why i decided to go with him. My partner and i are going through IVF as he had a vasectomy 13 years ago he has two children from his previous marriage, if successful this will be my first although i do have an adorable little fur child My partner has started taking Usana multivitamins and antioxidants and a probiotic to help get his little swimmers healthy but i have not been taking anything as my hormones are a mess and are all over the place so was waiting to talk to Kee to see what he says i should be doing. Any advice from you lovely ladies about what to ask or how to prepare for my first appt would be much appreciated. Hope you are all having a great weekend, how cold is it today brrrrr . Oh i also have a Jodi Piccoult book called Sing You Home which i read about on another thread here and am happy to pass it on to anyone here who wants it.

Me 36 DP 40