Closed Thread
Page 25 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say hi - still no sign of AF and it's CD 50 today. We're not ready to go again yet so I'm in no hurry but I really would rather have a bit more of an idea of timing, I really hate everything being so up in the air. Our plan was to have this surgery cycle then one rest + get ready cycle.

Thinking of you girls, we're all sick and being driven mad by visitors still

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls Quiet in here! I guess we are all waiting for August

I don't really have too much to report on, but thought I would check in and say hi to you all. I went down to the beach this morning and sat on the sand in the sun - what a beautiful day! Makes me feel much more happy and optimistic about the world when I have had some vitamin D at the beach

Jess[/B] - I got our sperm test done through Monash mainly so I could be sure that they were happy with it and we didn't have to do it again. Took me over 12 months to convince my DH to get one done so I wanted one the clinic was happy with! I once had a FS say to me they didn't like relying on the results from QML and wanted to do their own test, not sure if Monash is the same.

Kalli - you poor thing! CD50! I think you had said that if your AF took too long you wouldn't have the extra cycle break - have you decided yet what you are doing?

Teags - hows that bubba going?

Just waiting for AF myself (probably later this week sometime) and so I am all geared up to do this FET when I ovulate......not really thinking about it too much yet. I feel really optimistic that we have 4 good frosties so kind of happy being where I am, rather than using them up and feeling glum again that I am not pregnant. Does that sound weird?

take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I am a Gold Coast girl and I am just starting out on this IVF journey (I see a FS for the first time next week so i am really pre-IVF!) We have kids but my hubby had a vasectomy a few years ago when we thought we were done. We have regretted that decision ever since so have finally decided that IVF is the way to go. I am finding this whole process very foreign and am still trying to get my head around all the terminology! Hope you don't mind me dropping in here, I have loved reading all of your stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liesey View Post
    Hi Girls,

I am a Gold Coast girl and I am just starting out on this IVF journey (I see a FS for the first time next week so i am really pre-IVF!) We have kids but my hubby had a vasectomy a few years ago when we thought we were done. We have regretted that decision ever since so have finally decided that IVF is the way to go. I am finding this whole process very foreign and am still trying to get my head around all the terminology! Hope you don't mind me dropping in here, I have loved reading all of your stories!
    Hi Hun!!
    Welcome aboard our train! You'll find the girls just amazing in here!
    I'm pre Ivf too, have our first appt in a few weeks. Who did u decide fir ur FS?
    Just saw your in Robina! So am I!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

Brrrrrr…. I am over this cold weather. Its just awful and we are meant to be going camping at the end of this month. Boo! I will come back an icicle! I am definitely made for hot weather, that’s for sure.

EH – I hate replying on my iphone, it just takes too long and its frusturating so I try and wait till I’m on my computer. Plus it always writes words that I didn’t mean! Always trying to make me look stupid! Lol So did you hear from Kee? When is the “menopause” implant happening and please explain what it is exactly? Is this a new idea of Kee’s from when he went away and was discussing you? Oh hunni I am so glad to hear the adoption stuff is going ahead for you Keep us secretly updated (if you can)

Kalli – Dam that witch not showing up yet! Who does she think she is. Sheesh! Messing with your timing. I can’t believe you guys are all still sick. Have you all got the flu? And vistors as well would not be improving your chances of resting up and getting any better. When are your visitors leaving?

Kitty – I am so jealous about your beach trip. I can’t wait for a day off so I can go and get some delicious rays of sunlight to thaw my frozen bones out. I think its true that getting some rays of sunlight do definitely improve your mood. So it looks as if you may get to do your FET about the end of July? I wonder if Kee will suggest you put 2 back in? Or if he will stick to one? Interesting? Has he chatted with you about that yet?

Liesey – Welcome to the thread lovely! Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. All the girls in here are fabulous and supportive. So what FS are you seeing and which IVF clinic?? At least with how technology has advanced its good that you can do IVF even if your DH has had a vasectomy. How many kids do you have? Look forward to getting to know you. Its always nice to have some more GC ladies in here.

JG – how are you hunni? Not long now until your appointment with Kee? So excited for you! You have been waiting so long to start and its nearly time! Eeeekkk.

AFM – 9 weeks yesterday Still feeling sick, tired and awful. Yay! I am glad to have some symptoms because at least it means something is going on inside of me and we are still growing our baby. We are seeing Kee on Friday for another scan and our NT referral. I have booked in at Paradise Ultrasound because I have heard they are the best. 2 of my friends have just been up there and have both been told the sex of their babies at 12 weeks. But we aren’t going to find out. Well I am going to try and not find out. I will be sad to be having my last appointment with Kee on Friday. I am going to miss him. Awww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome Jesse and Teags!

I have an appointment with Penny Isherwood at CFC on Monday... which i am now feeling nervous about after reading what you all had to say about CFC and about how fabulous Monash is. I decided on CFC because they are close to where I live and part of the reason that I didn't pick Monash was because they looked more expensive? Have you found that there is much of a cost difference between the two?

Teags, enjoy the cold weather while you can, by summer when you are feeling big and uncomfortable you will be missing the cold!

We have 4 awesome children.. I know I must seem greedy wanting another one but we just don't feel that our family is quite complete yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more!! and i have a million questions so get ready for the onslaught!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome Jesse and Teags!

I have an appointment with Penny Isherwood at CFC on Monday... which i am now feeling nervous about after reading what you all had to say about CFC and about how fabulous Monash is. I decided on CFC because they are close to where I live and part of the reason that I didn't pick Monash was because they looked more expensive? Have you found that there is much of a cost difference between the two?

Teags, enjoy the cold weather while you can, by summer when you are feeling big and uncomfortable you will be missing the cold!

We have 4 awesome children.. I know I must seem greedy wanting another one but we just don't feel that our family is quite complete yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more!! and i have a million questions so get ready for the onslaught!
    We love questions! I am sure you will have a lot after your appointment. I started off with CFC but not with Dr Isherwood. If we have to do IVF again, I will choose Kee again (if he is around) but if not I would choose a FS that is not an OB as well. Just my personal opinion but the appointment waiting times are less, you can get in more easily when you need to and they are 100% concentrated on infertility issues and IVF. That is just my opinion. My first FS was a OB/GYN and I really felt I didn't get the treatment/attention/knowledge I paid for. But in saying that I saw another FS at CFC who was lovely when my FS was away.

Its a total personal choice who you use. I think the most important thing is to have a good relationship with that person. Other people I have known has seen my old FS loved him and gotten UTD with him. Our personalilities just didn't match at all. My DH didn't really like old FS either but loves Kee.

I don't think its greedy wanting another one at all. Best of luck lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so disappointed! My FS appointment for next week has been cancelled and pushed back another 2 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so disappointed! My FS appointment for next week has been cancelled and pushed back another 2 weeks!
    Ohhh no!!!! Why? Did they give u a reason?? I've heard some good things about your f/s though!!

4 kids- how blessed are you! Hope this is a quick journey for you!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls It is all looking a bit different in here at the moment!

Just a quick one to welcome Liesey I think everyone wants to have control over their fertility and be able to decide how many bubbas would make their family complete - it just sucks to have that taken away. Bring on the questions, I am not an expert but have learnt heaps from the lovely bubhub girls....I think there is also a specific thread for vas reversals that you may be interested in.

Teags - so glad it is all going well, Liesey has a good point, you will soon be whinging about the heat and how uncomfortable it makes you The plan is to transfer one embie this time. Kee still thinks we have a really good chance (he's an optimist ) and then we'll transfer two after that if needed.....

Well AF arrived for me today FET here we come. So now the TWW until the TWW......