Closed Thread
Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh crap! So is there any point starting it now then? Crappola!! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO every little helps. You're better off starting now especially as you may not be able to cycle in September - Kee may want you to have a hysteroscopy or HSG first.

I don't know your story (sorry can't see sigs on phone and my memory is crap) but if Kee is your first FS then you likely won't get to cycle straight away - he will want to run some investigations first. No point wasting money on a cycle if there might be something that will stop it sticking.

So yeah, if it were me I'd start now. But call Brad at Studio Qi and ask him if he thinks it is worthwhile, he'll be honest about it.

I figure it's going to cost us ~$8500 to cycle - there is no way in hell I want to waste that much money by not doing everything I can to help.

I hope that makes sense, typing on my phone sends me batty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that info.. How long was it from your first appt to actually starting ur cycle?
    I got itchy feet last night- just this morning and changed appt to the 6th august.. Hmmmm I just want to start! Haha.

Hope your all having a super day!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have a migrane today and i am off the wall on painkillers sorry but this will be riddled with mistakes since i am not looking at the screen at all

my experience is so wildly different to what yours will be so actual lenght to first cycle isn't really relevant but

there are laws around testung prior to a cycle, you will both at the very least need a full STD screen that has a bucket od blood tests and a urine test for chlamyidia plus you wil have bloods to determine hormone levels on specific days of your cycle (usually day 2/3 and day 21 at minimum) and hubby will need to provide a current semen analysis

if you have not had any internal investigation you will have some sort of look inside to make sure there are no problems - likely a hysteroscopy

Kee is pretty good at scheduling things so you can cycle quickly buy you can expect to at least miss one cycle, two if anything is found that might need surgery

the emphasis is getting your body in the best position to accepting an embryo and getting you pregnant. i know waiting is the hardest bit but it's for all the right reasons

try to amke your goals smaller, don't look forward to cycling, just look forward to seeing Kee. Hell, yu never know, if you're all good he might suggest IUI which would not only save a bucket of money, it woud mean a lot of the time that you don't have to inject yourself

in terms of treatment for MFI so much depends on the condition of the lady and IVF (while a lot of doctors push for it because they earn more) is actully the last step, not the first.

god i hope that made sense, im not goign to xheck it - i can reply looking at the dark keyboard but the screen makes me feel sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    kalliope - Oh dear, are you ok? I get them every so often and it debilitates me for at least 5 days!!

Yeh, I think cos its so close now I just want it to happen already! silly really as its as you say costing upwards of $8500! I actually had alot of tests done, such as full std, rubella etc, yadda yadda done only a month or two ago, do you think they will make me redo it?

Totally understand DH having to do another SA, yet another!! Do you know what the test is to check egg quality? Sandra said something about it? I have had bits and pieces done and an internal U/S years ago and was fine then, so doc is convinced its DH - which he has MFI... Who knows though!!

And dont worry you made complete sense!! And yes as you say little goals are the way to go, I think us starting on the herbs with Sharkeys has made me feel better and knowing DH has doubled in the last 3 months is making me feel more assured..

So fingers crossed, now only 4 week wait til we see him!!

Hope you feel better soon, terrible feeling I know!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalli – I hope your feeling much better today darling and that terrible migraine has gone. I get them as well, that are the worst. Dam AF! How are all the family going? Are they staying with you?

Jessiesgirl – It so hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m pregnant. Its definitely sunk in that I have put on 2.5kgs in a week and a half from all the food I have been eating to stop feeling sick! I would just start accu asap if you are going to do it. Every thing helps. Even ring them and have a chat with them to see their opions. They are the ones that do it so they should have the best advice for you.

EH – Kee is really lovely. I will be sad to part with him but also that estatic at the same time and I didn’t even get to do a cycle with him but I feel that without him we definitely would not be pregnant. Wow a super long down reg. So another 3 months of hanging around. A holiday would be great to have while your just waiting around.

Hi ladies – hope your all well!

AFM – 8 weeks today and this weekend I have 2 dinner/drinks nights out and next weekend have a hens night as well. I have managed to flag one of them for this weekend. Not sure how I will go with the other one but DH will be with me which makes fake drinking a lot easier. Next weekend for the hens I have no idea what to do I really don’t want to make any announcement until 12 weeks. I just feel like we need to wait until 12 weeks. I would have liked to spread the news at 11 weeks as we are away for DH’s work and its going to be obvious that I’m not drinking etc and I would actually like to tell people there as we don’t get to see them all the time so it would be nice to share our news. Its all too confusing! I don't know when to tell! Still tired, still burping and still feeling sick too. I love it because it means I’m pregnant and I hate it cause I feel so gross

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

So sorry I have been missing in action for a while - been crazy busy the last week or so, nothing too interesting but uni assignment, school holiday babysitting, catch ups and just general running around from A to B!! Glad you all seem well. I have had a quick catch up on you all.....

Kalli - how is your head you poor thing? I haven't had migraines but have them in my family so know how awful they can be... Would love to do coffee with you one day around acupuncture, I can probably just have the coffee with you whenever after you finish an appointment as I am not that far away....so just let me know when suits

EH - I am so excited about your adoption news! that is really amazing! You must be very excited but trying to contain it until you get over the last hurdle yes? Oh that must be such a relief for you to have a permanent arrangement in place! And good timing too if you have to be patient for this long down reg cycle. It sounds like Kee has it all under control with a new plan for you guys so that is great news.

Aunty - cycling in August together would be amazing! Did someone mention that Dr O is away in August??

Jessie - I found that Dr O didn't make us do tests a second time. I had recent hormone tests that I didn't have to redo (although I did have some general STD/Rubella type blood tests but they just take 24 hours for results), and as I mentioned before I got my DH to do a test in the days leading up to the appointment so Dr O basically new exactly what the situation was on our first appointment. I agree with the other girls, probably count on at least having one cycle off after your appointment before getting started, and if you can go earlier than that is just a bonus! As for the weight gain, I am sorry to say I gained 4kg over 2 stim cycles...not sure why. Baah! But I guess that's not too major but I am trying to get it off before the FET although I don't believe it scales so I am not sure how I will actually tell if I have lost it!

Teags - 8 weeks so exciting! I know what you mean about telling people at 11 weeks instead of 12 weeks, I actually think it's a bit of a superstition thing don't you? I am sure you will be fine telling people at 11 weeks if that's what you decide....they sound like they are close friends anyways so would probably be supportive if the worst happened....but it's not going to!! You are going to have a baby I didn't even tell my family til 13 weeks with DD, mainly because I wanted one more OB appointment before I told them. On the day I was going home to tell my family, I got in a busy lift at work, and some random colleague asked if I was pregnant! I was bright red and just said no and shuffled out the lift! As if I wanted to tell a lift full of random colleagues when I hadn't even told my mum!! So that is a lesson not to leave it until you are practically showing

Nothing much to report on for me - probably about 3.5 weeks until my FET, it will be natural with progesterone support I think. So I have been going to the gym, cutting back on drinking, doing accupunture, about to quit my daily coffee again, and generally trying to be saint-like Some days are good, others not too good....but generally better than normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls!

Kitty - did you do your S/A through Monash or your GP before your appt? We have only done them through our GP and QML dont test Morphology which is a pain in the ***!! I have no idea why!! I guess he will do the hormone ones around my cycle. I know for sure Ive done a fair few as my naturopath requested them about a month ago..

Oh god! I hope I dont get weightgain... although if I get a sticky then it will all be worth it!! Ive worked so hard to slim down and tone up at the gym doing a 12 week challange!

Assignments sound like fun!! Ohh yuk!
    Yep, I rung the other day and Sandra said that Dr Ong was away round the 13th, as I had to take appt on the 6th or 20th August.. Apparently hes away atm too overseas on a conference! Popular peep he is!

Still not long til you FET!! Very excited for you!! if you dont mind me asking is this your first FET?

This may be totally naive... but what makes a FS choose the kind of cycle we will do?

Teags- totally understand where you come from!! Just do what you feel is right! my friend didnt tell anyone til she was 4 months!! she hid away for ages and had a friend say she was really unwell with girl probs.. haha had us fooled!! DH and I have decided that when the day comes for us we will wait til 14 weeks... maybe silly but I would feel like im jynxing myself.. yes reading that back its silly!! haha.. geez 3 months is a long time to keep a secret too... especially when all my friends are constantly doing lunches which result in lots of c^&ktails!

EH- Ohh thats awesome news!!! How did you get that started?? how long does the process take??

Anywho, Im off to die in bed, I think I have a migraine coming on!! not cool!!!

Nighty Night girlies!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty – I think is a superstition thing as well about waiting until 12 weeks exactly to tell people, doesn’t mean I’m not unsuperstitious enough to not do it though. Ah back on the healthy IVF wagon again. Its good that you can do a natural cycle even though you will need progesterone support, so much easier on the body then a stim or medicated FET. To be honest, the medicated FET was worse for me than the stim cycle side effects wise.

JG – Its so hard not to tell people because of the drinking thing and the feeling sick and tired stuff. I would love to keep it a secret but at the same time I am dying to tell people. I think the main factors for choosing what type of cycle are age, issues and history. I think most FS will always do an antagonistic cycle straight off the bat for your first cycle as it’s the quickest to do I think from first jab to EPU is about 10 to 14 days depending on how your follies respond. I think they move onto long down reg depending on you being successful or unsuccessful and what your body produced from doing an antagonistic cycle. It seems most FS are fans of the antagonistic cycle.

AFM – All I can say is thank god I am pregnant or I don’t think I would have gotten through the last month of pregnancy announcements going around. All these announcements its practically like oh another one with our friends at the moment. I will be the last announcement on a long list in a few weeks. Everyone will be well and truly over hearing it! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    TEAGS- So glad all is going well! As for the parties etc....go the old 'I'm on antibiotics' line And you announce it when you want to

JG- I hope the migraine didn't eventuate. I get them too, they suck As for which cycle FS picks, it really does depend on your situation. With my old FS the 'standard' cycle was a down reg (pill+synarel) but with Kee he was keen on the antag to start, but now I'll be doing a looooooooong down reg. Antags are better- easier on your body and they happen quicker

KITTY- good on you getting yourself well Even if it makes no diff to the fertility side of things, it def helps you and your body to cope with everything

KALLI- I hope your migraine went too! Poor thing. And I hope you're coping with the family lol....any sign of AF as yet?

Hello everyone else! I can't scroll back any further to see your posts lol

AFM- nothing really lol. I've not turned the computer on for about 4 days and I find it too frustrating to do a proper reply on my phone, so if I'm absent for a few days, that's why! If I don't watch it the puter takes too much of my time I should hear from Kee tomoz or Tues about going and getting my 'menopause' implant [as I shall call it lol]....something to look forward to Other than that, our adoption stuff is going ahead but I can't share much about it as yet!

Have a great week!