Closed Thread
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning girls

I can't believe you are BOTH aunties of 5! I am an aunty of 1 and 1 on the way. My sister is due in June. Its been hard to deal with but I am truly happy for her and I really can't wait to meet the lil man (I will have 2 nephews!).

Kitty - He he he I do that too sometimes, read too fast and not take the whole thing in. Next Thursday. Can't wait! Trust AF to not show up when you actually want her to! The witch that she is! Are you doing an antagonistic cycle?

Auntyof5 - I have heard so much about Wazza, if things still don't work for us, I am sure we will look into seeing him next. it wont come to that. I know it totally sucks being in limbo. I'm here a lot because of my PCOS and super long cycles, I should be used to it but really hate it. I really hope that you have something to distract yourself for the next few weeks. That is good news all the other tests have come back normal. One less thing to worry about. Now just the biopsy to get through.

I'm so looking forward to Easter. We are thinking about going camping for the weekend but its so hard to plan anything when your doing IVF cause you never know what you are going to be doing! I hope to be cylcing asap so the easter plans will be on hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Teags!

I just thought I woud check in and see how your appointment well? I hope all is good and we will be seeing each other at the clinic soon!!

Aunty - how's that wait going? Easter will be here before you know it!

I'm good, I have my EPU Monday so will start to see the action soon. Very nervous but a little excited as well!

I hope you both have a lovely weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! Sorry it has been a while! The wait is going ok, I joined a gym and have been getting up at 5:30 everyday and training before work. I'm so sore at the moment but it's making me feel great! If anyone is interested it's the new one at Harbour Town, only $6.95 a week and no contract. So cheap and it's great! I feel happier and less stressed. And unlike TTC it's something I can control. I'm planning on being super fit and healthy by the time I start IVF.
    Only 4 more weeks till DH surgery! So excited and nervous but I will be glad to know the result. And the week he gets it done will be 10 weeks from when he quit smoking (which is supposed to be how long it takes for a man's sperm production cycle) so the ones they find will be nice and healthy!

Kitty how did your EPU go? Does it hurt afterwards? how many days are taking off work for it. I want all the deatils good or bad! Are you doing a day 5 transfer? So looking forward to hearing all about it! I hope you are feeling ok. You must be so excited!

Teags really interested to know how your appointment went! Hope all went well and you have stated your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Sorry have been a bit MIA at the moment but will fill you in shortly about the appointment with Dr Ong.

Kitty – How did your EPU go? And what date is ET? I hope your EPU went well and you got lots of eggies and by now you should have lots of beautifully fertilised embryos. Looking forward to hearing how you are. He he he looking forward to seeing you at the Clinic too hun

Aunty – Oh you are so good joining the gym and getting up so early. I need to get back to the gym. I have put on a few IVF kgs since December. Harbour Town is a bit out of my area but would definitely be there otherwise. That is so cheap! That is such a good plan to be fit and healty before cycling. Keep it up darl. 4 more weeks to go… Whoo hooo and with Easter thrown in that will fly by.

AFM – So we went and saw Dr Ong. OH MY GOD – where has he been my whole IVF Life! He is so nice, so lovely, and so informative. We loveee him. So I am now aboard the Dr Ong Lovefest train. He he he.

Unfortunately, we aren’t able to start our next cycle until I have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy! So not expecting that. It really threw me. He said that a painful ET is not right (which both mine transfers have been very painful) and that he would not have done them if I was in pain as he thinks this is connected to my BFN’s. So I am feeling like we have wasted months and thousands with old FS now but you live and you learn I suppose. Dr O thinks I might have some endo as well as PCOS and he needs to stretch my cervix? Or something like that to make sure the transfer is not painful so I have to have the hysteroscopy the laparoscopy is kind of up to me but he said he thinks I should do it now, rather than get another BFN because of endo and need to do it later. Which I see his point. So I have booked in for the 9th of May. So aunty we are now waiting together!

Sorry for the blah blah blah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags never a blah blah,have been really looking forward to hearing how you went. I'm so glad you liked Dr Ong, It's making me look forward to seeing him even more. I 'm really glad he is looking into everything for you too. When you are spending that much money on something so so so important to you, you want to know that they are going to give you the absolute best chance possible, sounds like the last one didn't investigate enough.

I had had a lap 3 or 4 years ago and not a huge fan of having to get another one but Dr Ong did mention that if you do have endo, getting it cleared gives you a better chance at IVF. He may want to do another one on me so we may be at an even closer stage at the same time! ha ha laugh if he does both of us on the same day!

So I have finally booked in my appointment to see him and go in on the 19th April. Obviously we still won't know about DH by then but I just decided to get myself looked at first. If he does want to operate on me, better to get that out the way as soon as possible so we can finally start IVF!

So now we just sit back and enjoy the wait, drink as much bubbles and cocktails and wine as we want, you can go camping for easter (wouldn't mind doing that myself!) and we get a few more weeks off, not stressing about TTC. I have actually enjoyed the break to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls! My computer was not cooperating yesterday with posting replies so sorry it took so long!

Aunty - I couldn't believe it when I read your post, as I joined a gym yesterday! Not the harbourtown one though, one at Robina. I just figured that I can't put my life on hold for IVF and need to get fit. I went this morning and it was pretty good, but so much work when you are not fit!! I had my EPU on monday and it all went pretty well. I don't have to work (just look after a toddler!) so that makes it easier. I just lay around on Monday and watched movies, was definately not up to working. Tuesday I was still a bit sore and sorry, but probably could have drugged myself up to do a desk job if needed. And yesterday and today I have been fine. Bloated, but not in any pain.

Teags - so glad your appointment went well, but such a shame you need to wait . It totally sucks but hopefully will give you a better outcome when you do finally cycle. Did you notice much difference in the way things work between your old and new clinics?

So, I got 7 eggs from EPU, 4 of which were mature. As of this morning, there are 2 going really well, and 2 going not so well. They have to last another 48 hours before ET, so I am crossing my fingers and praying hard we have one to transfer and snuggle in tight! I think I am happy with that, I was really worried about having excess embroyos, but clearly that is not a problem for us.

The clinic and Dr Ong have been great. The scientist has been ringing me early each morning to give me a update on my embroys which has been great, I didn't expect it to be so stressful! Each day I feel sick about how they are going in the petrie dish!! Do you find this stressful as well Teags?

Hope you are well girls, keep in touch. It's lovely to have some GC people to talk to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aunty – Dr O is really just so lovely and actually seems to really care. Oh I hope that you don’t have to have a lap. It really doesn’t sound like a pleasant experience but he is so thorough he may recommend you do so. Good luck with your appointment, I can’t wait to hear what he says. It will be good to get it in before easter arrives. Ah I know what you mean. I have pretty much had April off – no drugs. Its so nice! I have started running again since you inspired me that you had joined the gym.

Kitty – How are your embryos going hun? I will be keeping everything crossed that you get some good ones. Is your ET today? I know what you mean, I thought we would have ended up with lots of embryos left and it didn’t happen for us either. Its all so strange how it works out with IVF. I found it so stressful, you think the hard part is the lead up to EPU, then EPU but I find its worse from the EPU through to the end of TWW just worrying about your embryos survival and then if they implanted properly its all a hugely stressful situation. I also find it really stressful on a FET because its all dependent on if the embryos thaw out and their quality.

AFM – I had a lovely call from Dr O today. He called to see if I had any questions about the surgeries (I have booked in for the 4th of May) and talk about our next cycle. So love him! Never would have got that from old FS.

Hope you ladies have a fabulous weekend and keep in touch (as Kitty said) it is lovely to have some locals on here J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! So glad u are both getting fit too! It's so nice to focus on ourselves a little bit for a change! I believe maybe it will just give us that little bit of an advantage with ivf. If our bodies are healthy then that has to mean our eggs and womb have to be hey? That's my theory anyway! Ha ha

So kitty I am eagerly awaiting to hear how your et went! So wish I had your phone numbers right now girls! I hope both ur littles embies stayed healthy and u got to implant. That will mean tww for you, hope it's not too stressful!

Teags I'm so glad ur happy with dr ong and he giving u such great care! Ur lap is the day after DH surgery! I hope it all hoes well! Just relax and enjoy the next 3 weeks without the drugs. So glad ur starting to run too!

Hope u ladies have a lovely weekend! And kitty let us know how everything went! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

I am back! Good news is that we tranferred two little embies . They weren't fantastic quality, that's why we transferred two, so now it is just a wait and see... bad news is that my egg quality wasn't great which is probably why we only got a couple of embryos. But given the reason we are doing IVF is due to male issues, Dr said he was really pleased with the sperm, it was more my eggs that need a bit of a boost if we need to go again. I feel a bit offended for my eggs!! But for the moment I will put my hope in these two snuggling in!

I am glad we are all getting fit as well! I feel like I really need it - Teags do you still exercise during TWW? I figure I just will take it a bit easier and not do any running etc.

I'm really going to need you girls to get me through the next few weeks!

Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS...Teags you are right about the stress. I had no idea last week would be so stressful! And you say the next two weeks is worse? In an normal TWW (naturally) I find the first week is fine, but the second week is awful, just knowing AF is on her way. And I can imagine that waiting to see if your embies defrost is not much fun either...not that I have that problem at the moment!