Closed Thread
Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhh how exciting Teags!!! So happy for you! I was telling my friend about you the other day and how excited I was for you, she was like 'umm ok..'

Kitty10 - I am seeing Meah at Sharkeys Healing Centre in Nerang. They have been all over the news about their success.. Check them out.. Not cheap but Ive heard nothing but good from them, and if all else fails its only making you healthier.. We are going back to see her on thursday for another round and then will be starting ivf with Dr Ong! Cant wait.. getting nervous actually! expect to spend about $500 for your first visit... Double Consult is $260, herbs for both is $120ish and multi-vitamin (which they say is Usana brand they sell for $120 you can buy online for $82) the rest I have bought online heaps cheaper than in healthfood shops etc..

Teags, I cant wait to hear your reply!!! Have you told your parents yet??? And yes Aquarians are the best!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

teags84  (15-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today kitty fx for a BFP! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Kalliope
    Aunty
    jnell

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    EternallyHopeful
    mandse

TWW

Kitty - BT 15 June

UTD
    Teags - HCG 1738 @ 20DPO

Proud Mummies

Just updating myself on the Roll Call. Got the call late yesterday afternoon, well actually I had to call, they must have forgotten about me! HCG is 1738 and I am 5.5 weeks pregnant. No personal call this week from Dr O! The nurse did say that the HCG level is below the median level but Dr O will take more information from the hearbeart scan on Monday. So now we wait for Monday. Glad its a short week!

Kitty - Any news yet? How are you? I have everyhing crossed for you lovely

Hi Everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty - I'm keeping everything crossed for you today hon

For a naturopath try Katrina Ellis, she's fantastic, based in Kirra. I haven't seen her for fertility but I know people who have. She's not pushy and you won't find yourself leaving with loads of unnecessary herbs - when I took DS she even told me where to get the stuff he needed cheaper!

I went to Sharkeys back when Ruth and Dennis were still running it at the time my Dr also monitored the results with weekly blood tests etc and to be honest I found it an expensive process with very little result. JMO of course, people rave about them, I just didn't find it to be so.

Teags - don't get too caught up in numbers, it's about doubling time not the amount, you must be dying to get to Monday.

Lissy - a very much belated welcome

Eternal - is today transfer day? It must be soon, good luck

Hi to everyone else, hope everything is going well

AFM - had surgery yesterday, Kee called me today to let me know how it went and see how I was doing. Obviously don't have the histology back yet but everything else went well. Now I'm just waiting for AF so I can start our rest cycle before our next IVF... I yelled at my husband for something small today so I'm guessing it's about a week away (I'm *****y as all hell about a week before AF) but who knows - things can be really screwy after a failed IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kalli as I am totally getting caught up in the numbers. But she did say that Dr O will just go off the scan on Monday. DH is such a gem though, everytime I tell him something and I seem a bit disheartened (with the numbers, dam them!) he just keeps telling me its the best result we have ever had and that its something to be happy about. Which is totally true. Thank god he is around to balance me out.

Kalli glad your surgery went well. How are you finding the recovery? I had mine with my laproscopy so was in a bit of pain, didn't know how much pain was due to what, but I just attributed it all to the lap. I really hope AF shows up quickly so you can get cracking on your next cycle.

JessiesGirl -I have only told my mum as she knows everything about what is going on. I like having her knowing whats going on so poor DH doesn't cop it all. So this way I have my 2 support people. My mum is that excited for us. How are you going hun? I'll have to check my other email to see who's turn it is for emails (I'm such a slacker).

EH - Yeah, is today ET? How are those darling embies growing?

KITTY - Any thing yet???????????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls it is a negative for me! But I knew that already. Out and about at the moment so will post properly later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty10 View Post
    Sorry girls it is a negative for me! But I knew that already. Out and about at the moment so will post properly later.

Nooooooooooo Kitty honey I am sorry to hear this. I was so hoping this was your month

Have you spoken with Dr O?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KITTY- I am so so sorry babe, I was so hoping you were going to get a nice surprise. Big hugs to you and DH. Go and treat yourself to something that you love and be kind to yourself ok. Where are you going from here?

TEAGS- That's great news, your numbers are rising! They might be on the lower side of median but that doesn't mean they're not going to be fine! What a wait till Monday for you!

KALLI- Glad all went well for you yesterday and I hope you are recovering well. I hope AF is on her way for you so you can get going! As for Sharkey's, I've heard good and bad, (I work in the natural therapies field) but I've heard that since they've gone 'big' that they've become less personal, and that it's a lot of cost for not a lot of return. And that they use basically the same 'blend' for everyone. I've been seeing a Chinese herbalist/acupuncturist in Coolangatta, Charles Lu, and he has been awesome. I've been seeing him for about 12 months and he has made a HUGE difference not only to my AF but to my health in general (and I was pretty healthy to start with lol!) I'd suggest keeping an ear open for a good Chinese guy up your way

AFM- Yes, ET was today, I have 2 lovely blasties on board! 1 was expanded and had an inner cell mass, and the other wasn't far behind. I've got 3 in the lab overnight to see if they're going to be any good to freeze, but for some reason I don't feel confident that they will be This was my first ET done by Kee (he was away for my ET in Jan so my old Dr did it) and I have to say he is SO much more gentle! I felt no scraping at all. The worst part was the full bladder lol. So now the hard part begins. And to add to the stress, I had a pregnyl shot today and then will do another on Fri, so can't POAS accurately!!! And we may have stopped off on the way home and gotten a MacBook Pro.....

Hello to all you other lovely ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty - I'm so very sorry honey, I know you've had time where you thought it didn't work but it's still a blow to hear them confirm it. I'm thinking of you and your hubby right now, be kind to yourself xxx

Eternal - so glad to read that transfer went well, sending good vibes to your little blasties.

Ok Teags - I'm a massive numbers person so here you go... If your HCG level is under 1200 the normal range for doubling time is 31-72 hours and once it goes over that the normal doubling time is 72-96 hours. Your beta on the 6th was 78 and your one yesterday was 1738 which gives you an average doubling time of 42.88 hours so your numbers are good.

Now "normal" range for 3-4 weeks from conception (5-6 weeks pregnant) is between 500 and 6000 that's a HUGE variation. The median number is just the most commonly reported number of a particular data set (and we don't know what set she's using) and to be honest it means absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. I'm a bit ticked off that the nurse said anything about it tbh

I hope that helps a little, it's the kind of data working that always helps me

Thanks
    Reviews
    You lovely ladies! I am soooooo glad I have you guys to support me! It's obviously been a horrible day with my BFN, however Saturday (when I realised this cycle didn't work) I spent in tears, where as today I was planning planning planning!

So there is a ray of sunshine in our story, I didn't realise but our four frosties did get PICSIed which has made me feel much more confident about their future success. The scientists originally said they didn't think our sperm (our sperm?? ) would be good enough to go through PICSI, and it was only that I asked about it today that I found out that they were good enough. Yaayyy! Makes me feel much better about going through a FET. We meet with the lovely Dr O tomorrow morning to make a plan. He was there for my blood test this morning (just happened to walk in) so I had a quick chat about it then which was nice. He is so lovely

Teags - you poor thing. I agree with Kalliope - why did they stress you with that information? That really isnt that helpful. But that range that Kalli talks about is huge! So I am sure it will be okay. And, when I fell pregnant naturally I NEVER got HCG at all! So it is only that you are going through monash that you even know that information. Usually you would be blissfully unaware of your numbers at all. You fell pregnant naturally - that is a huge miracle. Your body is doing it's thing, you just had a problem with ovulating,but now that your body has done what it is meant to and you are pregnant naturally, you will be fine Your DH sounds like mine, always looking on the bright side.

Kalli - thanks so much for your advice. I have read the Sharky's stuff and feel a bit similar to you, I have a naturopath who I really really like, and who helped me conceive DD, but wow the pills and potions are just amazing! I had a laugh about your yelling at your DH, I am the same about 3/4 days before AF I always have a meltdown Good luck with your rest cycle - we might be going together next time!

EH - Congratulations on having your little embies on board! That is wonderful news. I hope you have a stress-free TWW and have some good news to report on soon! I really liked that I couldn't POAS because of the pregnyl - I hate those things and at least it means I couldn't give in to temptation!

Hello to everyone else thanks again for all your support - I couldn't get through this without you!