Closed Thread
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Kalliope
    Aunty
    jnell

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    EternallyHopeful
    mandse

TWW

Kitty - BT 15 June :fingerscrossed

UTD
    Teags - HCG 78 @ 12DPO

Proud Mummies

Hi Everyone

Oh my god I can't believe I have moved myself to the Gradulates list, never in my life! I went and had my BT this morning and got the call.... So at 12DPO which apparently is very early to have my BT (whoopsie) my levels are:

HCG 78
    P 84
    E good

Kee was happy with those results but he did say we are "just pregnant" but also "its very early" and I have to go back on Tuesday (because Monday is a public holiday boo) for another BT to see if my levels have gone up correctly. Then if that BT is all good back a week later for a scan with him. So it looks as though I get to keep seeing him which I am so relieved about!

So enough about me:

Kitty - are you feeling any better? what did the clinic say? Make sure you eat a lot of protein, maybe have some sports drinks and heaps of water. How is the TWW going?

Kalliope - I am so, so, so happy you love Dr O and have a plan. He is really so wonderful isn't he. I had a hysterscopy and cervical dilation when I had my laproscopy and didn't notice any pain in that area. He said the same to me about the pain at transfer, thats what makes me so made at my old FS! I went through 2 wasted ET's! Argh!

EternallyHopeful - How is the jabbing going? Are you up to the second injection? I hope this is the cycle for you hun!

mandse - All updated on the roll call. Are you doing a medicated FET?

Aunty - Thank you for the phone call you beautiful girl! It was much appreciated!

jessiesgirl and EternalOptimist - Thank you for sticking your heads in here with the congratulations! It measn a lot
    Last edited by teags84; 06-06-2011 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags- just stuck my head in here to have a sticky beak (very bored at work!) and WOW! Big congratulations!!! Exciting news, will keep an eye out to see how you get on

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vesper For This Useful Post:

teags84  (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Teags, massive congrats, those numbers look great! Do you have a repeat beta? Oooh it's all too exciting! Congrats again

Thanks
    Reviews
    TEAGS- oooh, congrats! That is exciting. I wonder if we passed each other there today? It's going to be a long wait till Tues huh! Just try and enjoy each day

KITTY- have you spoken to the clinic yet? DEF get some gatorade into you. I go borderline OHSS each stim and last stim gatorade was my saviour! Also, I have had 'morning sickness' from pregnyl before, and yes it will exacerbate any OHSS symptoms (as Kee only told me today).

Hi everyone else!

AFM- Had my intralipid infusion today, I spent a lovely 4 hours in the day surgery reading! Have not read that much for years lol. Then had my scan, got about 10-12 good sized follies so we're triggering Wed night and hopefully doing some egg laying on Friday. Kee said there are some smaller follies but 'I'm not going to wait for them' LOL. And as with last cycle I need 2 lots of luveris. He also said he'll reserve his decision on whether to use pregnyl on day of ET and in 2ww depending on my chances of OHSS- he doesn't want to further my risk.

So Teags sorry, yes, been doing 2 jabs since Sat

Ok, I'm off to finish the book I started today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags once you get some results on Monday you should book an appointment with an OB for around 8/9 weeks - book early to make sure you get the obs you want as most only take a number of patients per due date month, you can go to your gp for referral later. The Dr I'm switching to is Ash Hanafy but I haven't seen him yet so can't recommend him. Heard good things about Ash and Maneesh (sp?) Singh who is his partner. Plus (and this is huge for me) they will do a scan at every visit which most don't.

I'm hugely fussy and I like a doctor who doesn't treat me like an idiot - I'm an educated woman who's been dealing with infertility as long as some of them have been obs, it annoys the hell out of me when they refuse to take my concerns etc seriously and I think a pregnancy after infertility needs a little hand holding iykwim - you need a doctor that will understand that you are worried more than the average pregnant woman is and who works with you to reassure you.

Was talking to hubby last week about the Dr's not taking my HG seriously until I was hospitalised and he said some of it is probably my fault because I didn't feel like I could complain, like the baby was such a blessing I had no right to be complaning and this meant that the Dr's didn't realise how bad it was... I wish I'd had a doctor who recognised that and maybe realised sooner how ill I was.

Anyhoo if you're anything like me and you want to make sure you like a doctor then maybe visit a few in the next few weeks to see if you like them. I'm going to see Ash for a meet/greet/checkup after the next IVF - I think that's good timing because I'll either be pregnant or not and I can have a checkup or a early pregnancy workup

eta - I'm happy to tell you what I think about the Dr's I've seen at John Flynn, just PM me.

Kitty - I was told after my last ER to drink 2 gatorade a day minimum until pregnancy test. I got terrible 'morning' sickness from the trigger and I've heard pregnyl can be the same. Next cycle Kee said he will ony give me Pregnyl if my risk of OHSS is low/med because it will make it worse.

Eternal - yay for being almost at trigger/ER - the hard part (well imo waiting is like the worst) is about to start though. Kee said the same to me about Pregnyl for next cycle, fingers crossed you're not an OHSS risk!
    Last edited by kalliope; 06-06-2011 at 21:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalli – Thank you so much for your advice, I admit, I am at a bit of a loss as to what happens now and it’s so weird that you mentioned Dr Singh as he was someone I have read about and liked the sound of. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself but I would rather make the appointment and cancel it then miss out altogether as they are really not many OBS at John Flyn that I want to see and I like the fact you can get an US at each appointment. I think that would put my mind at ease. Thanks again hunni that advice was so needed and much appreciated. Have you booked in for your procedure yet? I am so glad you are with Dr O now. He will look after you so well.

EH – So the intralipid infusion sounds super fun….. I hope that your book was good. Whoo hoo for trigger night. Its all happening for you now. I love how Kee is so informative. It just makes it so much easier. Good luck for EPU. I can’t wait to hear how you go. FX there is heaps of eggs in those follies for you darl.

AFM – Nothing much to report, I did another HPT this morning and my line is darkening so that is a relief. I don’t think I am going to be able to stop POAS until my next BT and if that goes well then to my scan. I did a bit of research and my numbers are ok for being 12dpo. The HCG range for dates is huge! Its hard not to get hung up on them.

Hi to everyone else.

Kitty how are you going and your OHSS? I hope that you are looking after yourself and that emby is going well and burrowing in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovely Ladies! Just a really quick pop in to say hi! I'm trying to keep up but super busy at work last cpl days.

Jnell Welcome!!! so glad you have come to join us!

Kitty thinking of you during your TWW, hope it goes quickly for you! And I hope you get better soon. Get hubby to give you a nice back rub.

Teags!!! Oh you already know how happy I am for you! Looking forward to next Mondays test so we know little one is definitely sticking!

EH I have no idea what intralipid infusion is but it does not sound fun you poor thing. good luck with the eggs on Friday!

Kalliope are you going to cycle in July/August? I'm aiming for August so we might be doing it together! I think Jnell you said maybe then too?

Mandse I hope your cycle is going well! Where abouts are you up to now?

Ok so I am proposing a catch up! I think we have mentioned before a Saturday works best for everyone. I seem to be the only lonely one on the Northern end of the coast so we should plan for the Southern end. If everyone wants to advise which weekend suits best we can start to finalise plans. Aside from this weekend I have free weekends for a while now, so I'm easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon

Teags – soo glad everything is going well for you and you are being looked after by Dr Ong. How's the view up there from cloud nine???

Eternally hopeful – what is an intralipid infusion? Is this for your NK cells? I must have missed that. Getting near to trigger is so exciting and 10 – 12 eggs is fab! Last time I had luveris (at $175 a vial!) I sprayed half of it on the floor when distracted drawing up my needle! I promptly burst into tears! I suppose it makes sense that pregnyl causes morning sickness, but I used it last cycle with no worries, so perhaps I was just verging on OHSS since I got more eggs this time.

Kalliope – thanks also for the pregnyl info…I actually only asked about it when I was leaving from the ET appointment, because I had it last time. So if I hadn’t have questioned it, I would have never have gotten the injection! Perhaps I will just stay quiet next time!

Aunty – nice to hear from you! A catch up is a great idea, and the weekend works well for me. I can’t think of anything major coming up, so lets see what others think about dates!

Hi to everyone else! Jnell, Mandse I hope all is well with you guys.

My sickness seems to be settling down now thankfully. I even managed a bit of retail therapy this morning which was nice. No major cramping or anything, but a few niggles here and there. I hope this baby is snuggling in for the long haul! TWW seems to be going slowly this time (no surprises there!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping my head in too to say congrats to Teags!!!

I have been lurking on this thread for awhile now, so i feel like i know you all a little, have also read your diary teags...i'm hoping for a repeat of your story!! i have lap booked for endo this month, then as we are away next month it will likely be an enforced natural cycle before IVF stim booked in August. your story has given me hope!! however i also know that it's ok if we have to go ahead with IVF and i am planning for that. here's hoping that tha lap really does clean me out good like it did for you

btw - i'm a brissie girl, but my folks have a place down coast (northside GC) which i visit a lot. also my nana is going to be moving into a retirement home there soon so will be even more reason for me to spend time down there. so i kinda consider myself between both places, eventhough i live with DH on southside of Bris. i started lurking here as i tried to read the brissie thread and my head was spinning with so many people, then weeks ago i started reading this one and it was nice and intimate, so maybe i will ask to stay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissyloulou – Thanks so much lovely. We are still shell shocked that we might possibly be getting this lucky! I never ever even thought that I would get a normal cycle and even better get a BFP off it! I really hope you can do a repeat performance. That would really be amazing. Apparently you are most fertile after your lap. Good luck hunni! We would love for you to join in with us here. We are only a small group, but I think that’s better because no one gets lost in here and everyone is so lovely and supportive. Where are you off to next month?

Kitty – The view is pretty amazing, hopefully it will get better next Tuesday! I’m so glad you are feeling better and no wonder after some retail therapy! Its going to be a big week for both of us. You have your BT and I have my follow up! How scary and exciting all at once. Will you POAS?

Aunty – I agree with your proposal! A catch up is a great idea. Saturday’s are fine for me, I do work, but can duck out to meet up (as its our business). This weekend is out for me, but other than that, the rest of June is good for moi.

Hi Eternally, Jnell, mandse and Kalli.

AFM – POAS again this morning (honestly I can’t help it) the line was the darkest I have had so feeling a bit better. I don’t have any symptoms yet, so that is a bit worrying but its only very early days and I read that a lot of people don’t get symptoms until 6 weeks onwards and I think I am 5 weeks? Its very confusing.

Sorry if me going on about my BFP is hurting anyone’s feelings in the thread, its not my intention . If it is, please let me know and I will stop mentioning it – I don’t want to leave you guys though….