Closed Thread
Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh by the way also, I have discovered a couple of great new wines with a bonus. They are full flavoured/bodied, come in reds, whites, yellow bubbles and pink bubles and the bonus, almost half the calories and alcohol content but still taste delicious! Your average bottle of red has 13-14% alcohol, this one is only about 8% with one whole bottle being only 5.5 standard drinks! Say goodbye to only being able to have one glass if you want to drive! It's made by Lindemans and it is their Early Harvest range. So good i highly recomend it! Also another similar one I found is called Nine Below, so far I have only seen it in a shiraz, but it was nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aunty you are now torturing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss my best friend, Vino!

Back later for more personals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow we are on fire now in here aren't we!!

AUNTY and MANDSE thanks for the welcomes

KITTY KITTY KITTY! Your embies are on fire too! WOOHOO! That's awesome! You're gonna have a lovely selection on ET day.

TEAGS you are far stronger than me, I would have used the HPT's.....esp on a nat cycle! I think when I've used pregnyl in the 2ww it's helped me not to POAS because I know even if it's pos it's most likely that lol. You are so strong!

AUNTY so where are you at? Waiting to cycle?

MANDSE sounds like we live super close And we're cycling together! Are you at Monash with Kee too? I hope your embies thaw nicely for you, and as they say, you only need one

oh, and I'm having a glass of red as we speak....I've had enough of going over and above doing 'the right thing' and it's never gotten me anywhere! The times when I've fallen pg nat I've always kept being 'normal', so I think the odd glass before EPU/ET isn't going to do any damage....actually the relaxation will prob help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right. So it's obviously wine night tonight

I too have been trying really hard to take it very easy on the wine, but must admit to having the odd one....I definitely did when DD was conceived, after 14 months and being told we need IVF I didn't think it was possible

To be totally honest (and I feel a bit weird saying this), I am actually really nervous about all these embryos! I have always felt like I would consider them my babies, and was worried about it last month, but it turned out to be unfounded as we didn't even get a frostie! So I was relaxed this month, and now all of a sudden I have heaps Which, I know, an embie doesn't equal a baby, but it still makes me a little anxious none-the-less.

But I don't want to sound ungrateful, I am of course thrilled that this cycle is going so well, just picturing myself with 7, 8 & 9 children at the moment. Must be going crazy....

Enough of my rambling, DD has gone to bed at 6pm tonight (very very early) due to particularly cranky day today, so I am off to watch masterchef

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalli – Good luck for your appointment today. I will be waiting to head how you and Kee get along! And what your plan is from here….

Kitty – Not all frozen embryos survive the thawing process or make it to ET. I had 2 frozen and was going to do a double transfer in my last cycle and they both thawed and then one of them lost all quality and was disregarded so I only ended up with 1 out of 2. I think they only freeze them for about 5 years (correct me if I’m wrong anyone). Don’t feel nervous darl be happy and excited that if in a few years you decide maybe you would like another one that you have an opportunity to make that happen without going through another stim. It’s a lot less stressful having a few frozen embryos than only have one or two. Anywho, how are those embryos growing today? All ready for ET tomorrow? So excited for you!!!!! Do they give you a photo of our emby at Monash?

Eternal and mandse you won’t believe this, I work in Tweed! Ha ha ha we must be all like neighbours down here!

Eternal – It’s a hard one I think the do’s and don’ts when going through a cycle but as you have said when you have been through as much as you have, whats a glass of wine. I miss exercising when I cycle. I know you can do a small amount but I worry too much about doing too much so I just stop altogether and with drinking as well. Loser that’s me, I know!

Aunty – Oh no, you poor thing. Well rest up and get that back better. I know what you mean about getting around do doing stuff. That’s what is has been like at our place all year. DH has been working away a lot and works up in Brisbane and the Sunny Coast too. I am the same as you and would want the car to be fixed before listing it. Good luck on the sale. I hope someone snaps it up!

Mandse – Yay for AF arriving so you can start cycling! How many frosties do you have? Will you be doing a natural or medicated FET?

AFM – I haven’t caved yet and POAS. Feeling very normal, so its odd to be in a TWW not taking any drugs or being on Crinone. So I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. I know I will cave and do a test on Saturday. I am really going to try and hold out for Sunday. I don’t know if I can……

Whats everyone have planned for the weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KITTY I can understand your concerns. But Teags is right, not all survive unfortunately. I was meant to do a FET last month and I had 2 frosties but neither survived the thaw. But that's unusual, usually you'll end up with at least one to go!

TEAGS lol yep all within spitting distance! I don't want to put my exact location but I'm in the vicinity of Kingscliff, Salt, Casuarina etc. And I prob wouldn't have had any wine this cycle, but there was half a bottle of red there and I couldn't just tip it out now could I? hehe The natural cycles are strange in a way when you get so used to so many side effects! Crossing everything that this one is your BFP

AFM just plodding along for now, in the 'easy' phase...start orgalutran tomoz so we'll see. I've had a dull headache but that's norm. I do get a little concerned about OHSS each stim, as I've been on 'watch' everytime, and now that Kee is doing all these extra things I'm not sure how I'm going to respond!

Thanks
    Reviews
    well we walked out of Kee's office and my husband turned to me and said "I don't know about you but I freakin' love him"

I adore him, he gave a frank and honest appraisal of my cycle without rubbishing my old FS or the Clinic and he was genuinelly horrified that the nurses cancelled the pregnyl support that was ordered especially considering at 8dpt I got AF which is really, really early considering I was on two Crinone. He also seemed pleased with my choice for new OB.

Oh and he was kinda shocked when he heard that old FS used a tenaculum last transfer as there is evidence that it's use can have a negative impact on IVF cycles and he never uses them. He said transfer should NEVER be painful as there is also evidence that a bad transfer has negative impact on IVF.

I thought he was totally awesome but he did make me so very sad about our last experience.

Starting Metformin tomorrow even though I had a bad reaction last time - hoping we can get even just a little into me to help with my resistance to FSH so we're strting on 1 per day and slowly going up to ideally 3 but any is better than none. Going for a hysteroscopy and cervical dialation on the 14th and then starting accupuncture. He mentioned melatonin when I asked if there was anything we could do to ensure the best egg quality but said in my case he really didn't think it was necessary.

We'll cycle end of July, early August (1 more rest after this one, AF behaves) antagonist cycle, gonal-f, 3 Crinone per day with Pregnyl (if oestridol is not too high).

I feel so much lighter after seeing him, like a load of stress and weight has been lifted - I know we're in good hands and I'm thrilled to have found him.

Kitty - when we first started ttc (for#1) we always said we'd give all of our frozen chance but I never really expected to have all that many to freeze - they aim for 12 per cycle, of those you generally lose some as they grow. On day 6 (or 5 depending on the clinic) when they freeze they only freeze the best so you lose some more. Of those that are frozen around 20% will not survive the freeze/thaw.

So we always figured (these are just our rough calculations) get 12, lose 4 in the growth phase, transfer the best 2, 1 won't make it to freeze (not good enough), freeze 5 and 4 will survive the thaw. All up three transfers from one cycle (1x fresh & 2 FET) of course if you do SET then there's a few more but the numbers are about right on average. It could take 3 cycles to get pregnant so we figured we might end up with two kids out of that if we were super lucky.

They will only freeze for two cycles of 5 years (you must renew your contract with the clinic after 5 years) and after that they will not be able to be used.

I'm not sure if that helps or just depresses you!

We think of them as our babies too but once we have created our family I think I'll be happy to have them go to research. We've discussed donation but it is definately not for us. For me it's a numbers game - if we have another child (or twins) and two frozen we'd probably risk giving it another go - if it's meant to be, it's meant to be but if we had another child and still had 6 on ice we'd keep them on ice for the first 5 year term to make sure we didn't decide to use them and then give to research.

Mandse - yay for AF arriving, are you doing a natural FET? CFC charged me for blast culture when none of my embies made it to blast. Apparently it's about the culture medium they use rather than the stage the embies get to.

Teags - I've been thinking of you, keeping everything crossed that you become an urban legand like me. When I told Kee today about my lucky natural conception he said "they're the best stories" which made me grin and think of you.

Eternal - Like Aunty said, I think sometimes doing things that aren't normal for you to help a cycle can actually hinder it because you're stressing your body out by not doing normal stuff. I drank coffee last cycle (1 cup a day) but I drank loads more when I fell pregnant and I was still smoking back then (quit the day I found out) we were actually in our last week of living badly before starting IVF. Maybe if we hadn't fallen and I'd quit to do IVF as planned my body would have been so freaked out at the changes that nothing would have worked IYKWIM. All I know for sure is the whole process is stressful enough without adding to it by worrying about anything extra.

aunty - I miss drinking wine so much - hubby doesn't drink (he quit to get his sperm quality up and it worked so never went back to it) so a bottle often spoils in our fridge before I get through it - how awesome to find one that I can drink quicker
    Last edited by kalliope; 03-06-2011 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kalli so glad you had a great appointment with Kee. I have been checking to see how you went!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls - I love you! You give the best advice!

Kalli - Your hubby's comment is hilarious We felt the same way, we had only been to a FS before when we were first TTC#1 and she very bluntly told us we would never have a baby naturally and needed IVF. Very blunt for two people that didn't know that walking in! We felt very differently about Dr O, almost like he was offering IVF but wasn't forcing us. Interesting about the no pain on a transfer issue - Dr O said that to me as well, very interesting. What does metaformin do? I am so very glad you are happy with your decision, it's pretty important to be happy with your clinic, you spend a lot of time and money there on a very important issue. You have to trust them with your baby's life. Thanks so much for the stats on eggs, you are right of course, I nodded when I read it, I think I just panicked yesterday (I do that!!). Silly really. Of course I don't think we are going to be super fertile in the IVF world. So the info made me happy not depressed! But if I don't get a BFP this cycle it might be a different story So do you think you would do another fresh cycle to get baby 3, or would you just use any frozens?

Teags - thanks so much for your advice too. You are wonderful. Monash takes a photo, but we didn't get it last time. If my embie made it to a pregnancy I would ask for a copy. Testing tomorrow is exciting! You are pretty lucky to make it this far without symptoms of AF! That is exciting isn't it? When is AF due??

Mandee - Yaay on AF arriving

Aunty Hello!

Eternally hopeful - so glad it is all going well. We stayed at Salt the other weekend, it is lovely around there. Although it did rain all weekend! But all the biketracks have been really well done, it's a nice part of the world!

Well, today is a bit of a different story after my panic from last night! We have 2 excellent embies, 2 very good embies, and the rest are starting to lag. So I won't be octomum after all Phew! I am very excited, hopefully one of these little ones wants to join our family! Transfer is first thing in the morning, so I shall let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty good luck with ET tomorrow FX you get a winner transferred!