Closed Thread
Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL Kee has called me in the past too...I think it depends on what it's for! Mine was after my lap to let me know what he found etc.

I've always had single embryo transfers, until my first ET with Kee.....it was HIS suggestion that we do double embryo transfers from now on, given our history, and me getting up into the 'older' age bracket for TTC So I live in a little fear of the risk of a twin pregnancy, as far as 'coping' with twins, we have a lot of support on tap (not that it would be easy )

Hmm Wazza sounds like a champ! I think Kee is going to get a good reputation too, I guess he's still relatively new to the area. Well my friend is with QFG so I wonder if that's who she saw last time?

And I too love to 'chat' while cycling, then I go quiet for a bit....I've been on another IVF board and it kinda moves too fast and you're soon forgotten, so I'm glad I've found a nice, quieter, smaller 'home'

Thanks
    Reviews
    big warning - this is a whingy post

soo the bill I got yesterday, it was issued on the 16th (day after transfer) and due yesterday (post takes a looooooong time to get from Robina to Burleigh apparently - I checked after the call, postdate was the 27th). When I called today to say I'd post it back tomorrow and chase my file they said that they wouldn't send the file without payment of the bill... Basically they got the transfer request from Monash (faxed to them on the 27th!) and decided they'd better bill me. I can not tell you how pleased I am to be changing clinics - seriously, holding my records ransom until I pay a bill they never issued to me is disgusting. The poor receptionist girl knew I was ****ed off today, I couldn't help but be snarky with her.

Spent much of today researching OB's at John Flynn since I won't go back to my current one, hubby reminded me that when I was pregnant I didn't like him much either and he didn't take my hyperemisis seriously until I was hospitalised again. I'd totally forgotten that, I really like his midwife though so I guess I remembered her more than him

I found one I like the sound of, he's got a special interest in wacky cycles and he does high risk pregnancies which is good - my last one was ok bar the whole chucking 20+ times a day from 7DPO to on the operating table but I'll probably insist on a double transfer after just failing a double so it's good to have someone who has high risk experience. I might ask Dr O if he knows anything about him and then make an appointment to see him so he can get my records and do a general check up.

I'm sorry I did mean to come in here and do personals, I've been reading on my phone all day but after that phone call I am so freakin' worked up at the whole experience and the total and utter waste of money my last cycle was. My poor husband has listened to me rant and rage ever since he got home.

I'll probably spend tomorrow getting together a list of questions for Friday. Hubby and I said we would give this ttc#2 two fresh and whatever frozen we got and then call it a day with one cycle down and it being so bad I'm starting to freak out a little. I'm sure if we got nothing to freeze and a fail this time I could convince hubby to go one more fresh but that would be it - emotionally and financially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kalli – OMG! That is totally ridiculous. I can’t even see why you are getting a bill for something you didn’t get to use anyway! I would be so MAD as well!!!! That’s what we are here for to get all our whinging out!! I honestly think you are justified being pi**ed off! Plus you would have wanted them to get your file over to Kee so he could have a good look at if before your appointment! Argh I am so annoyed for you now too! Yep get your list of questions prepped. Kee is really good at explaining everything and answering all your questions too. He also gives out information without you having to ask. My last FS would never tell me anything, it was a PITA! Maybe you should just discuss with DH that the last cycle was a write off with CFC and to start from scratch now and consider this fresh cycle 1… I know what you mean about financially and emotionally but hopefully it will be better for you at Monash and the emotional side of things will be better. As for OBS I’m just going to cross that bridge if and when it comes to it, my old FS is also an OB at John Flynn and I had planned to see him but there is no way I could go back to him now. I had looked at what other OBs there were there and think we might be looking at the same one! I think over time we can forget things about people and probably his lovely midwife glossed over all of his faults. I am sure you will be feeling much better after seeing Kee tomorrow. What time is your appointment?

Eternally – I think Kee is getting more and more of a good reputation as well. I like the fact that his is only a FS not an OB as well. Its so good to have the support while cycling. I’m the same and go quiet when I am in limbo waiting for a cycle. Well hunni you have found the perfect group here. With only a few of us it makes it soooo much easier to stay up to date with each other! I too get lost in the other threads sometimes, I only really go into them when I’m cycling. Other than that, I love having this little thread to hang in.

Kitty – Whats the report on those fabulous embryos today? Only 2 more sleeps until ET! Whooo hooo

AFM – Nothing to report! At all!! Boo.... Confidence starting to fade... 3 more sleeps until I can POAS

Thanks
    Reviews
    KALLI - OMG That is absolutely disgraceful! I would be furious too! Maybe they're trying to 'get back' at you for changing clinics...lol.... Yep hit Kee with the questions, he loves them! Though as Teags said he is great at pretty much answering them in his talk anyway.

TEAGS - Hang in there babe! I know how it is when you start to lose hope, but as we say to each other all the time, it's not over till the fat lady sings You're still in the race!

KITTY- Embie report???????

AFM- just jabbing away

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG it just took me ages to catch up on all the goss! It is getting busy in here!

Eternally Hopefull Welcome!! It's nice to have another GC lady to talk to! I'm the complete opposite end of the coast from you but I'm always keen to organise a catch up! One day we will do it and stop just talking about it. Sounds like you have had a really long rough journey. But wow that's such great news about your DFD! I really hope Dr O can work his magic for you so you can get one of your own too. You sound like you have stayed really positive through it all.

Mandse I'm like you and get really slack jumping on here. But like all you other girls said, when you are limbo land its easier to just get on with life and planning to start IVF.

Teags I'm glad you got a nice weekend away! Sounds lovely! How is the TTW going? OMG a little excited for you about the pains!!... could it be!!! Oh i'm getting tingles just thinking that one of us could be UTD

Kalliope That is just disgusting what that clinic have done. How dare they bill you for something you didn't need and hold your file ransome! Some clinics are all about the money I guess!

And finally Kitty I'm so happy about all of your embies!!! You got so many it is great! Even if you transfer 2 you could still end up with 5 in the freezer! You must be getting excited now with only 2 days left till transfer! There is so much happening in the next couple of days for everyone!

AFM absolutely nothing new to report of course except that i am starting to get a little impatient! Hurry up and sell Jeep!!!!
    Not getting up to much though, just drinking too much While i still can anyway I might as well. All my friends are laughing about what I'm going to be like without a glass of red or bubbles in my hand!! They already got ashock when i quit smoking and joined a gym. aside from that Teags I'm not really doing anything you can live vicariously through me for. Although i put my back out on friday so i'll happily hand over that experience to anyone! Hurts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Aunty nice to hear from you hunni. That is terrible news about your back. What did you do to hurt it so much? Yeah my friends all wonder what happened to me since I have stopped drinking. They have finally all stopped asking if I am pregnant (which as you can imagine is horrible when they keep asking!). I just told them I was detoxing and have now just said I don’t really feel like it anymore. We haven’t told anyone (bar 2 friends) that we are doing IVF, I just find it easier that way. But I am missing my red wines now the weather is chilly. Nothing beats a big glass of red when its cold… (*starts reminiscing about nights with red wine…..*) So not much interest in the Jeep yet? Oh I really hope someone comes along this weekend to buy it. Will you start your cycle without selling it? Just put in the credit cards? That’s what we did as some of your refund covers it and then just pay the rest back?

Eternal – When do you think EPU will be?? Looks like you are going to be our next candidate for the TWW.

I know I’m still in just loosing confidence that it has worked. I should never have brought my HPT’s so prematurely all I want to do is go and pee on them! I have had to hide them from my self. Can you believe this from someone who didn’t do ONE HPT last cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG – it’s taken me about twenty minutes to read through everything – you girls have become a chatty bunch.
    EH – welcome to the group – hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer for your BFP. I also live south of Tweed – so we must be close.
    Teags – Good Luck for Sunday – I always POAS days before my BT - and if it's BFN I don't take the BT, I can't see any reason why a "nurse" needs to tell me something I already know.
    Kalliope – I’m confused why they charged you for something you didn’t have??Did the embies not make it to Blast?
    Kitty- I hope all your embies make it to Saturday.
    Aunty5 – sometimes it's just really hard to sit down and take ten minutes to be on the computer.
    AFM – well AF arrived last Friday – so I’m in cycle – I’ve got a scan early next week. I just hope the embies survive the thaw so I at least get a couple of transfers... The hubby and I have talked and it and if these frozen ones don’t work that’s it for us. DS will be an only child. We just don’t have it in us to put our lives on hold for another couple of years. Of course I’d do it again to have DS but sometimes you just need to stop and count your blessings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls! It is all happening! It's a busy busy thread now, we are on the top

Kalli - can't believe your clinic, that's terrible. At least it reinforces you are making the right decision by moving, but still! I am sure there is a bit of friendly competition between clinics so I bet that's why Dr O is looking after you guys so well!

I don't think we will be at this IVF game very long and will definitely call it quits before too long (maybe one more stim cycle?). I can't let infertility ruin my life and I am so sick of feeling like it is at the moment! Plus, one of my big reasons for having a second bub is to give my DD a little friend, and the longer this goes on, the less likely they will be friends anyways. But for today, I am still hopeful

Aunty Lovely to hear from you. You sit back and enjoy watching us while you drink your red wine Your turn next!

So.....you won't believe it, not only are my 7 embies still going strong, but 2 more seem to be coming good! I actually feel a bit surreal about the whole thing! I really only wanted a couple but we will see how we go, still 2 days before transfer and anything could happen yet.

Hey, I have never had a frozen embryo, so can you girls tell me.....can usually all embroyos be frozen or do you generally loose a few that aren't good enough to freeze? I don't know much about it.

Also, (a couple of steps ahead of myself yet, but feeling optimistic today ) I would love your recommendations about an OB at John Flynn....not yet, but hold those opinions! I hate that when you find out you are pregnant you have to move at lightning speed to secure a good OB. But I have done no research yet because I find it too depressing!

I think I have rambled a bit now.....that's enough from me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags stop thinking that way right now! It is too early to test so if you did test it would not give you an acurate reading, so just relax!! Easier said than done I know!
    Funny story about my back, DH and I were mucking around on Friday night and he threw me on the couch (no girls sorry not in a sexual way!) and sort of missed the couch and landed on the edge of it. Oops! We actually haven't put it on carsales yet! Slack I know, but he needs to take it in to Jeep to get something fixed and since operations and holidays and him working towards Brisbane since we got back, he hasn't had time to do it! he promises he will take it in Monday. I didn't want to advertise until it was done.

Mandse good news you will be on your way soon! I know it's hard but try not to think about if this one doesn't work. The stress of thinking this could be your last shot will only put your body in a place of hostility. Not good for an embie to stick. My GP is of the opinion that when our bodies are stressed, there is a lot less success with IVF. So try relax, have a bath, pour yourself a glass of wine (while you still can) and think positive thoughts!

Kitty that's wonderfull news! I think this is going to be your month! I think we should plan that catch up in the next couple of weeks as we may have something to celebrate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aunty - thanks for the advice - I'll pick up a bottle of wine on the home from work this afternoon!!