Closed Thread
Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1148
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sorry we have been off line for so long, we had some devastating news from our friends and we have been trying desperately to raise funds for them. You may recall I told you in a recent post that my friends had been through 7 rounds of IVF and finally gave birth to their baby a week and a half ago. Well little Nicholas sadly passed away at 2 days old. The heartbreaking thing is they lost their first child Ben at 9 month a few years earlier. I don't mean to share sad news on this thread - it is a very very rare condition and by no means is the loss related to IVF. But I guess we can all share and understand the extent of what they went through to conceive through IVF.

Kate and I put together a little video which tells their story - here is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp54HceFl18

We also put together a website page devoted to them to try and raise some much needed money so they can have some time off work to greive. Here is the link to that site. http://www.mycause.com.au/KymandTonyKyleAppealTheGiftofTime
    It would mean the world to me if you could share these links with your friends. Any support would make the biggest difference to them.

Sorry to share this heartache with you all. It has just consumed my every minute since I got the heartbreaking call from Tony and all I wanted to do is help.

OK...., now to my special IVF friends - what is happening with you gals!!!

Kate - I hope you have gotten through your horrible AF. It can all feel like so much sometimes and our hormones make such a difference to how we feel. I hope things have settled down and you had a relaxing weekend. Did you decide to go ahead with your FET cycle this month? Even though you feel like you can't cope, you will find the strength and we are always here for you. The way I think of it is - we all have a number - we don't know what that number is. Its the round number on which our dreams will come true. So every step forward is a step towards that magic number. Hang in there.

Sandy - That is great you feel good about making the change to Dr Ong. I can't believe you drink that tea!! Kate switced to the tablets as she just couldn't swallow the stuff. She made me drink some and frankly I don't blame her. Yuk. Dr Ong sounds very good and hopefully the hystercopy sets you up for a perfect round when you do start your fresh cycle. Sorry we didn't get to meet up for coffee. We are totally keen - how is this Saturday afternoon for you? Say about 3.30pm? Let us know how you go with your AMH results. Kate has a low egg reserve with an AHM of 7.6 - I believe it should be above 14. So don't be too disheartened. It doesn't mean you can't achieve your dreams it just might be a little more frustrating than you hoped.

Nic - that's great to hear you feel good about your review. I hope those changes make all the difference. We use ICSI too which I think is common with donor sperm. When will you be starting round 2? Can you make it for coffee on Saturday?

Calli - I hope that morning sickness eases up soon for you. What week are you in now? Don't they say it usually gets better from 12 weeks? Hang in there love. Have you told your work yet? Did your hubby decide to take that job? Sorry... lots of questions for you.

Jen - Oh Jen we are holding you in our thoughts. I hope you and DH are building your strength and deciding on your next steps forward. We are here whenever you need us.

Beck - How are you doing lovely? Thinking of you and hoping for some good news!!

AFM - Kate has just started on the pill for a long down regulation cycle so I guess you could say we are back on the wagon for round 3 :-) We are staying on the pill for 5 weeks so that we can line up egg pick up for the middle of Kate's 3 weeks holidays (i.e. for 17 October). So still a few weeks away from injections starting but feels good to be kicking things off.

T&K xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Its been so long since I've been on. I've been reading the nightly email with everyone's posts but just haven't logged on here.

T&K - I am so very sorry to hear about your friends. I went to the YouTube link & watched the video. I really don't even know what to say. I can't even begin to comprehend the pain they are going through. I will post the link on my Facebook wall & will donate ASAP. You are an amazing friend & your generosity will help them so much. Good luck with all that you're going through.

Kate - I hope you're feeling ok ATM. An FET cycle brings about so many different challenges & fears I've realised. I do think what T&K said about each of us having a number is a great way to think of it. I'm sure your number is close. Xo

Sandy - How did your AMH levels come back? I have low levels. Mine are 5 which for my age is quite low. I hope yours are ok but I was told that as long as they're above 1 they can still do something with you. So I'm sure it will be ok.

Nic - glad you are feeling good and you sound positive about this cycle. It amazes me the difference in everyone's cycles. The drugs you're prescribed & the different ways they do things. It just shows how individual it all is and how clever & amazing science & the human body is. It really is so fascinating & a true miracle they can do it at all.

Calli - how are you feeling. Any reduction in your symptoms? Hope you're well

Jen - your last post was really heart breaking to read. I hope you are feeling a bit better now & have some clearer thoughts on where you are & what you're going to do. I hope the support of everyone on here is a small help for you.

Is that everyone? I hope it is. Sorry if I missed anyone.

AFM - I'm not too bad. My ET is today at 1pm. I have been really irritable the last few days. Not sure if it's the pregnyl injections or the crinone or just my anxiety. But my poor DH. He's trying really hard but I'm so snappy & realise half way though a sentence that I'm being a ***** and I'm wondering what I'm doing. Lol hopefully that stops soon. I have had a real fear that my embryos wont thaw properly & we'll be back to square one again. Thankfully the lab just called and our first frostie thawed well. So if it starts to metabolise again & expands well will be all fine. So I feel better now. Phew!! A few tears of relief but all good now. Kate, I do yoga at my gym - fit girl - but the lady who does the class Anisa runs 'sprout yoga' and does classes around the place. She knows her prenatal yoga poses & is just lonely. I always feel warm & energised in my abdomen after a class & I'm sure the blood flow is good for my uterus & the embryos. My FS said it was fine to do. I'm more relaxed about my ET this time, knowing what to expect & looking forward to it. Fingers crossed this is our number. I'm not being as sure & positive this time but we'll just have to wait & see. We've decided on 'Bean' (my DH is going to call it Mr Bean) for our embryo this time. Bean means 'life' in gaelic so I like that.

Goid luck girls with everything you're up to this week. Thinking of you all xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI **

Hi ladies

Hope your all well. I'm always on here having a read and I have everything crossed for all you girls to get that BFP!! Always thinking of you all xx

TK - I work in the legal industry and know of your friends and their devastating story. When my boss told me the other day I got all teary. It's just so unfair that these things happen. My thoughts are with them through this tough time.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, I've just joined bubhub, looks like I will be starting icsi with dr ong soon as we have just found out my husband has a sperm count of 200k. He is doing a second sample tomorrow to confirm, but kee is pretty confident the results would have been correct, and he wants us to start icsi ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

TK - I viewed the link and was in tears. How devastating for them. I cannot imagine how they must be feeling. Of course we will help out. I have also posted it on my facebook page in the hope that some of my friends will also see it and help out. I wonder whether you should give the radio station 90.9 a call. They often take on a family to support where there is a need. The seem to raise a lot of money and support that way. I am happy to help out in any way I can. Just let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

So I have been following everyone else for the last week or so. I am sorry I have not been on for personals but have just been too sick. This morning sickness has been horrible for me. So here goes to make up for the lost time:

Jen - I have been thinking of you lots lately. I hope that you are alright. You will know when the right is time to begin again. Look after yourself love.

Kate - It must be such a hard decision for you as to when to start again. If this month does not feel right, then leave it for another month. It will be difficult for you, no matter when you start again. I am so sorry to hear that your AF has been so painful. Hopefully by now it has eased off a little and you are feeling alright.

Sandy - I am so glad that you feel good with having made the decision to switch to Dr Ong. I have only heard good reports about him. Fingers crossed he is the change that you need to get your BFP! When is your Hystothingamgig scheduled for?

Nic - Wow, it seems as though your appointment with Dr Ong went really well. I am so glad that he has changed so many things around for you. Hopefully this is the right combination for you.

Becks - How are you feeling after ET? I really hope that this is the one for you. I will have everything crossed for you . If it makes you feel any better I was so crabby and feeling so crappy on my second IVF cycle. It did get better though during the TWW. Hopefully you will be the same.

AFM - Well today is the first day that I have lasted at work for the last couple of weeks cause of the morning sickness. It has been so bad that I had to let work know that I am pregnant. I guess the cat is out of the bag now. We have our 9 week scan on Thursday (even though we will only be 8 and a half weeks) which is exciting. I am still very nervous but am starting to feel a little more confident (although not fully confident yet).

I am keeping everything crossed for everyone for this cycle for each of you. Here's hoping that this is your time xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again,

Had a successful transfer today. I was very emotional which was unexpected but I think I'm just scared this time. Definately feels different 2nd time round. We have a very good defrosted embryo though. They said AA so that's a relief.

Goldie - welcome! Sorry to hear that you and DH need IVF but you've come to the right place. Everyone in here are wonderful & a bundle of knowledge and the best support you can find. I hope your DH's second test has better results. My DH is the same and it was really hard on him. Well both of us but he was really upset by it. Good luck & look forward to hearing positive news from you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks beck. I have mixed feelings about ivf. I am upset that it had to be like this, at the same time a little excited cause I feel as those I have more control then just trying naturally. I know I don't actually have any control with ivf, it just feels like I do, I know that might sound a bit dumb, its just hard to explain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

T&K - I'm saddened to hear of your friends loss, that's devastating and for it to happen to them twice - I'm lost for words. I watched 60mins on Sunday about Brooke Hansen and my heart broke. My niece was born at 24weeks weighing only 600g (at the time she was the 2nd youngest & smallest bub to be kept alive). Luckily for her it was my sister-in-law that was sick, not Olive (she was breathing unassisted). Olive is now 6 and totally fine. She is a little smaller than anyone, but it adds to her cuteness.

Becks congrats on the successful implant of Bean! Hopefully this one behaves itself

Calli I hope your morning sickness gets better. You'd think that with all we have to go through the pregnancy gods would go easy on us with the sickness!

Goldie, hello & welcome! Do you have the results from the second test yet??

AFM - Well, the rest of my AF wasn't as bad as that first day and surprisingly I feel 'cleansed' after it.... and I lost like 1.5kg... must have been all the build up of hormones etc in me from not having it for SO long.

We decided not to go ahead with the FET......... it just didn't feel right. I'm still emotional about it and my DH is travelling a bit at the moment, plus I might have to fly to Mel this month (would have been 2 days after transfer and I didn't want that) so we've put it off. I'm not sure if I'm happy/sad about that decision either. If it wasn't our busy season at work and my hubby wasn't away so much maybe it would have been different, but things are a bit too crazy to throw another thing in the mix too.

I went to my bestie's birthday on Sunday (she is the pregnant one I have referred too). She's due mid Nov and her belly is getting bigger now. I haven't seen her since we were both pregnant and she wasn't showing. I was pretty nervous about seeing her but it was ok... and old friend was there and asked if we were having a family soon Thank god for my DH because when I need him the most he's there. He stepped in and just said we've got to do IVF. They didn't ask any more questions (I just sat there with my mouth open not sure if I should stay or run!).

To all the other girls I hope you going ok with your cycles.

x

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks mustangkt, yes results are back and they were actually worse than the first. So we are booked in next tues with our nurse to get the ivf ball rolling. Long journey ahead of us i bet but fingers crossed something good comes of it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Goldie - sorry to hear about your results. My DH found it really difficult to find out he was the reason we can't conceive naturally. I don't blame him or hold a grudge. In fact it makes me love him more for some reason. He is much better now but I can still see the hurt in his eyes when I have an "I'm so hardly done by because I can't have a baby" moment. The relief though was knowing that male infertility can be potentially easier to deal with than female. If you are healthy & he has enough little swimmers in there for ICSI than the biggest hurdle is overcome. My DH has a level of about 4 million, with really bad morphology & we have ended up with 3 AA quality embryo's. I suppose what I'm trying to say/do (in a long drawn out kinda way) is that there is hope, plenty in fact, & that I'm sure you guys will have a successful cycle really soon. It's a roller coaster ride but if you look after yourself & relax as much as possible you'll be fine. Oh, and of course chat to all of us regularly.

Hope everyone else is feeling good today - hump day yay!!

AFM - I've had a difficult few days. I'm feeling good bdcause this ET has felt heaps better as I don't have all the residual discomfort & pain from the EPU & stimulation so I tend to forget about my 2WW if I keep busy. I have a cousins baby shower on Sunday which I'm progressively getting more & more anxious about. I'm scared I'll get there & something will set me off & I'll want to leave. I don't want to ruin her day by leaving so I'm considering telling her I can't come. She knows we're going through this so will understand. Decisions, decisions!

On top of that my mum sent me a really insensitive text last night basically grumpy at me cause I chose to relax at home yesterday instead of meeting her & my sister at the park. She said that my sister is really tired too & they just relaxed & let my niece run around & play. I really can't stand seeing all the happy mums on play dates at the park. my little sister is 9 weeks pregnant & really tired & I'm just ****ed she compared me to her. My sister is blissfully happy & pregnant & that makes it a lot easier to get off the lounge & deal with her exhaustion. Grrrrr! I decided not to confront mum to avoid an argument but it's really hurt me.

Sorry to vent & be all me, me, me but this is the first time I've felt truely effected socially by our IVF. I'm taking myself to the movies today to see magic mike so hopefully I'll feel better after a good perv! Lol