Closed Thread
Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg Teags the nurse said to me "oh you seemed a little upset when you called" I remember wondering what the hell was wrong with her - I mean statistically they have to deal with more bad news than good - haven't they had any training? The more I think about that clinic and my experience, the more ****ed off I get. I nearly went mental yesterday when I got my bill for blast culture - not only was it posted the day it was marked as due - they didn't get me any freakin' blasts (I know I still have to pay, it's just such a joke).

I think I know which nurse you mean - there was one that always was rude and itchy. Hated it when I called and got her.

Friday is Dr O, I can not wait!

Kitty fx your embies are still going strong

On phone atm, will pop back properly later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kalliope the more I think about my experience with FS and CFC the more annoyed I get as well Did the nurse that said that to you name begin with A by any chance? The others I had there were lovely but this one was always made me feel my issues were trivial. They can't bill you for that if you didn't have it done can they? That seems ridiculous! I would totally be calling and complaining to them.

God we are all waiting this week Kalli for Friday, Kitty for Saturday and me for Sunday..... Lets hope it all works out beautifully for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh Kitty YAY on the fert!! Any news on your embies today?? Let's hope for lots of nice blasty's to pick from for ET And feel free to PM me about fostering if you like, though if you're in QLD it will be slightly diff from NSW.

Kalli I'm sorry you had a crappy experience at your other clinic, as if it's not hard enough as it is! I have to say, in my 6 years with Monash, ALL the staff have been absolutely wonderful, including reception.

Teags Thanks for adding me to the roll call And countdown is onfor Sunday! Isn't this whole process just full of waiting and countdowns?!

Just outlining my regime for this cycle, and things that Kee is doing that I've not had before;
    -Been on Megafol (5mg folate) since August last year as he found I have one part of the MTHFR gene thingo.
    -Melatonin since 20/4/11 (new)
    -Prednisilone from day 2, 30/5/11 (was on it for planned FET in April but no frosties, so new)
    -150 Gonal
    -Orgalutran
    -Day 9, 6/6/11, Intralipid infusion (new)
    -Ovidrel trigger
    -Pregnyl shot on day of ET
    -Pregnyl shot during 2ww (new)
    -Crinone morn and night

But as we all know he likes to change things on the hop so that could all change I've generally always had good egg hauls (14-18) but have low fert and thaw rate, and clearly my ute doesn't like to hold onto my embies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Teags - how is that TWW going?? I will be joining you soon I guess but I really don't like it much, despite the fact that it is the only way to get pregnant!! If I had a nurse tell me that I would be horrified! "Umm...yeah spent $$$$$ on this cycle, of course I thought I might be pregnant! I could have got a BFN without all of this, and had a major shopping spree!!"

Eternal - Dr Ong must be going crazy with the Melatonin at the moment! But it seemed to work for me, and got me to sleep well so I am all for it! By the way Teags, I have been off it the last few nights and haven't had any problems sleeping. I will ask you lots of questions about the fostering. I'll get some together and PM you when I have a few moments. So good you have your DD though. Have you been cycling this year yet or are you going back after a break (sorry, I did read your post, I just wasn't sure whether you had been doing IVF recently).

Kalli - Good luck for Friday You too could be on the melatonin too!!

Yes Monash are absolutely wonderful, they have always been really good and quick with appointments, and I never feel like a number which is fab. And I especially love the scientists who are so wonderful with calling early each morning to update on fertilisation, which takes away a lot of stress. Last cycle, I got a mysterious cheque in the mail from monash for $200, and I was puzzled as to why they were paying me! Figured out they were refunding me because I didn't get any frosties, but they were so prompt giving it back without me needing to chase. I hope they can get me pregnant too

So.....We have 7 little embies still going strong today! I am really happy with that result, I expected to loose some since we have MFI that probably means not all sperm were great, but if I had a good one to transfer and perhaps a frozen one or two I would be ecstatic!!

Still a couple more days until Saturday though....come on little embies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty I did a stim in Jan and had 2 frosties but they didn't thaw for planned FET in April. I too have been sleeping well on the Melatonin!! Well, unless DD or the dogs wake me Well fire away when you've got your questions ready

YAY on your embies! Go you good things! I too love the updates from the scientists everyday- it's only a few minutes of their time but it takes a massive weight off when you're waiting. I have a friend at a diff clinic (way up FN QLD) and I feel for her sometimes, it's like we are treated like royalty at Monash compared to her clinic

Thanks
    Reviews

Kitty – I am so glad to hear your embies are still growing strong. That’s a great result having 7 still going today!! Bring on Saturday. Do you think Kee is going to put back one or two this cycle? Oh so exciting!!!!!!!

Eternal – That is quite a cycle plan you are on. I am taking Melatonin too, Kee didn’t think I needed it but choose to let me make the decision (love him). One of the other girls on his has the MTHFR gene as well, I had never heard of it before and still don’t really know too much about it. Also in my last cycle was the first I had heard for the Intralipid infusion too, is this when you have to go the hospital and be hooked up to something for a few hours before your EPU? I love that Kee is so proactive and actually phones you himself to chat about things. My old FS would NEVER have called me EVER! That’s why I feel I wasted so much time and money at old clinic. I really feel for your friend in NQ because that would be terrible. Has she thought about travelling to Brisbane to see the Amazing Wazza?

AFM – as you can tell I am completely preoccupied with my TWW so am on BH all the time hoping to take my mind off it. Instead of working… Do you think 10DPO will be too early to test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teags I know as much I'd be trying to resist, I am sure I'd cave and test at 10dpo....but if you do don't be too discouraged if it's bfn, cause it's still super early xx Who is the 'amazing Wazza'? She can't really travel as they already travel 3 hours to Mackay for treatment and it's hard to get away with their work. Her last EPU and ET was done in Bris though because of the floods they thought mackay may have been closed so they chose to come to Bris. Not sure who the FS was, but it's with QFG. If they travelled she'd go and see Kee (will see him if nec when they move home next year).

yeah I'm not to up with the MTHFR gene (other than I know the staff refer to it as the motherf@#$% gene ) but I do know there's 2 'parts' to it, if you have the one I've got you take high dose folate, if you have the 2 it can cause genetic issues.

Yep Kee is absolutely puzzled with me, he keeps saying 'you should be preg, no reason why you shouldn't be, it's crazy'...you know how he mutters lol So I think he's throwing it all at me, I think he's thinking along the lines of NK cells as I have had so many chems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you girls have me giggling! I too am on bubhub all the time when cycling, and then I have a break in between.

Teags - I don't get personal phonecalls from Dr O!!! This is all part of the VIP service that you get because you switched clinics you make me laugh!! doesn't he like me??

EH - Dr said I should have been pregnant last time as well, I almost felt like I had let him down!! he he. So many people on here complain that their clinics don't keep them in the loop about the embryos - monash is so good like that.

As for how many embryos....I will leave that to the Dr! I suspect if we had a good blastie, then he would recommend only one. While I wouldn't mind having twins (hmm...maybe not sure about that!) it's the pregnancy complications that scare me. But I don't want to be doing this forever, so if he recommends transferring two, I will nod my head in agreement!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Teags.....you should test!! We want some good news No pressure though

Thanks
    Reviews

Eternal – I know I’m going to test on Sunday, there is no way I can make it past that day without testing. I will keep trying even if I get a negative. Oh the amazing Wazza you ask – he is the go to guy when EVERYTHING else fails. He is in Brisbane at QFG I think, in the city and he has a great success rate and is apparently hilarious! If things don’t end up working now or after a couple of cycles with Kee we will be moving onto Wazza. There is an appreciation thread on here somewhere for him. Could be an idea for her? I know A LOT of people travel from Melbourne etc up to see him. Ha ha ha ha everytime I see the MTHFR that is what I always think off!!!!! Well I hope that this is the one for you. After everything that you have gone through. Have you had the NK biopsy done?

Kitty – Well all you have to do is change clinics to get the Royal Treatment! Ha ha ha ha.. Kee has called me personally about 3 times now I think. I am still amazed every single time I answer my phone and its him, I always assume it’s going to be the nurse or admin staff. He is always like is this a good time to talk! Of course! As if I would say “Oh no call me back in an hour!” I’m sure he loves you, he just calls to check up on me that’s all. I think he really, really, wants to get my UTD to show me how crap my other clinic was! I am the same as you, I want a twin pregnancy but don’t want a twin pregnancy, Kee said that he doesn’t advise one for me because of my frame carrying twins – but if I got my chance to do a double I think I would because I only want to have 2 children and then I would never have to think about TTC ever again or do IVF ever again!

I so want to test but have to wait….. Only 5 more sleeps! Oh god. That is forever away