Closed Thread
Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Welcome Nic - so glad you found the site. It really has helped to have these lovely ladies to download to throughout this "wonderful" adventure called IVF. It is up and down but all the needles and heartache will be a blur when we have our much loved babies in our arms... but in the meantime we stick together and it makes a world of difference. I'm sorry to hear that your first cycle didn't bring you the news you were hoping for. It really is hard, especially because your expectations are so high on your first round. I hope your appointment with Dr Ong answers the questions you probably have and gives you a clear direction for round 2. I find our FS has a way of giving us hope and lifting our spirits.

Jen - oh lovely, I really hope the spotting is not your AF. It breaks my heart to hear you so upset. You have had a long journey and it must be heartbreaking but I still hold hope for you. Has your FS narrowed down what may be causing the BFN? Is it an egg or uterus or sperm problem? I wish there were answers and an easy fix for these things. I really don't want you to give up. When do you see your FS again?

Calli - early pregnancy is more stressful than the 2WW I reckon. I really hope all is going ok for you though. Thinking of you. Try and stay positive. What date did you end up booking in your scan? Each little hurdle is one step closer.

Beck - I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel a bit better. Its a roller coaster isn't it. Nothing like loosing yourself in a good book. I'll have to track down that series. Sounds good!

Sandy - It is hard to know what to do re changing clinics. But ultimately you have to put yourself first and if you are at the point of comparing and really thinking about changing then I think it is worth giving Dr Ong/Monash or QFG a go. Lots of the girls see Dr Ong and I think he really thinks outside the box and sees value in the extra things that may increase fertility. We are really happy with Dr Flynn at QFG and when we went to the acupuncture lady that Calli recommended she made the comment that Dr Flynn was very good (so that was reassuring).

Calli - we love the acupuncture lady at southport. She did give us a massive bag of herbs that we boiled up and Kate almost spewed trying to drink it. We are switching to the capsules this weekend!! Did you drink any of that stuff??? Kate is also taking CQ10 and Royal Jelly this round. We'll see if it helps!

Kristin - great to hear everything is going well for you.

AFM - I have been struggling to stay positive this week. The impatience has crept in and I just feel annoyed that things take so long. Why can't we all just fall pregnant like those annoying 18 year olds who accidentally get pregnant. Like how does that even happen!! It seems so damn impossible sometimes.... Must snap out of it though. It doesn't help or change anything. I did get some wonderful news today that I thought I would share - my friends gave birth to a little baby boy after 7 full rounds of IVF. So there is hope ladies. We must just keep on keeping on.

I am not sure if anyone is still up for a coffee on Saturday arvo 18th August - but if you are let me know.

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Jen - I wish there was something I could say to comfort you or make you feel more hopeful about the situation. I really feel for you and what you have been through. And it makes it even harder when no one knows why it isn't working. I'm sure you've been poked and prodded and investigated enough by now. I totally understand you needing some time out. It's all consuming this baby/IVF thing and it gets overwhelming. I was watching Tia & Tamara last night (lame reality TV show on fox) and while it doesn't have anything to do with IVF, Tamera who is an actress was doing heaps of auditions and getting overwhelmed. Her hubby who was ex pro baseball used a really good analogy from the pitches. He said that if they focus only on the glove, they never get a strike BUT if they focus, focus, focus, look away for a bit then focus again, they get a strike. I thought it was really good advice. Sometimes we can become soooooo consumed and 'focused' on this that we lose perspective and it become less effective almost. Maybe a little 'break' will be the most beneficial thing for you and you come back being more focused and get that perfect strike?!?!?!?!

Calli - how are you going honey?? Are you feeling any more settled with things? I know a few girls have said it, but early spotting/bleeding could be perfectly normal. My best gf had really bad spotting/bleeding until about week 9 or 10 of her pregnancy. She is now about week 24 and bub is healthy!

AFM - still no AF after 42 days. It's so frustrating because now my mind is ready, my body isn't. I'm actually feeling really horrible lately too - just sooooo tired. I'm getting bad cramping (on and off since Thursday) and just feel like a bus has hit me most mornings. We're meant to be going to Sydney on the 24th but I'm scared of booking flights yet incase I get my period as scan/transfer dates will be around then!!!

To all the other girls, welcome and hope you're all travelling well.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I havent been on for a while but have been really sick with morning (well all day) sickness. All is well but between trying to hang in there and work, I haven't had the energy to do anything else. So sorry. Will hopefully log on for personals on the weekend but just wanted you all to know I am thinking of you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all thanks for all your help earlier in the week greatly appreciated will get on over the weekend for more of a chat just wanted to wish you all the best tomorrow calli with your scan will be thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Hoping everyone is going ok?

Beck...I hear you about 50 shades...addicted! Currently just started book 3...was reading it early hours this morning when i couldn't sleep! How did your appointment go?

T&K...Hope all is ok with you both? When do you say you'll have your next cycle?

Hope all goes well tomorrow Calli.

AFM: AF has arrived...you girls should have warned me how ordinary that is after crinone! LOL Endo has settled down. Looking fwd to seeing Dr Ong to get his take on the last cycle...being new at all this I don't know what to think or what will be next.

Hope you all get to have a relaxing weekend.

Nic
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I am really sorry I haven't been on for a while. I have just been so sick with this pregnancy. Ugh! We worked so hard to get here and now I am suffering with awful morning sickness. Today is the first day that I have felt remotely like logging on to do personals. Please know that you have all been in my thoughts though.

Jen - I am so sorry to hear your news. Have you got AF yet or had your blood test yet to confirm? I really felt like this was your time. Hang in there - your time is coming up really soon. I can feel it. Take some time out and hopefully you will come back feeling revived and ready to go again. We are all here for you when you are ready.

Tk - I feel your frustration. I have been thinking the same thing while I have had my head in the toilet bowl. Some people can fall pregnant so easily and have such an easy pregnancy ride. Others (like all of us) seem to have such difficulties. I agree that we all need to stay positive and hopefully things will work out. When do you start again?

Nic - welcome. Sorry I haven't welcomed you till now. Better late than never though. So sorry to hear that your first cycle didn't work out. My FS said that the first cycle is a practicestartup see how your body handles thing and that it really starts cycle 2. Pretty expensive 'practice' run though. Hopefully this is your cycle. When do you speak with FS? Hopefully he will let you know when you can start again. Do you have any frosties (sorry my memory is really bad at the moment).

Kate - how are you? Has your af arrived yet? I know it must be hard but stay positive - it will come when your body is ready to start again. I am still feeling really nervous. We had our scan last Thursday (FS brought it forward cause of the spotting I had the previous week) and all was well then. We got to hear the heartbeat (very faint though) which was amazing. So that made me feel comfortable. It was the first time i had felt at ease. Then yesterday I had another bleed. No cramping thankfully but enough to scare me again. This time it was red rather than pink - again only when i wiped but a little more this time than last. I called the nurse and she said to just rest up and if it gets worse then go to the emergency department. She said she thinks our little one is going to keep us all on our toes. Thankfully it seems as though it has eased up but it has really scared me again. I just want it to be easy. We have struggled so much and it seems as though the struggle is not over yet. We are remaining positive though - hopefully that will help. I take some comfort in your friends pregnancy. It sounds like spotting may be common?? Hopefully anyway.

Becs - how did your appointment with our FS go? Have you grown one on your own? I thought I remembered that you had a couple of frosties?? Did I get that wrong? So what is next for you?

Sandy - thanks so much for thinking of me re the scan. It really was such an amazing experience for DH and I. I only wish we hadn't had the next bleed so I could still feel confident.

Afm - I am wondering whether my work is just too stressful for me at the moment, especially when coupled with the morning sickness. I am taking tomorrow off work so I can relax. Hopefully FS will get me in for another scan to make sure everything is alright. I have rh negative blood type so will also need to have another injection to prevent my body from rejecting the baby (my FS told me this on Thursday and said after any bleeds I need an injection within 72 hours of any bleed. It's a shame I wasn't told this for the first bleed). My DH is looking at starting another job in the mines. 2 weeks on, 1 week off. It's great money - just over double his current income and it means that in his off week we can all spend time together (hopefully me and bub provided that things all work out). If he does take the job then I am thinking of taking a few weeks off work to just relax and de stress a little after all this. Hopefully it might help to ease the morning sickness too - or at least help me to deal with it a little better than I can when I am at work. Anyway, I am signing off now so I can go for a little sleep again. I am thinking of each and ever one of you and sending you good wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Hope you're all doing well.

Calli - I hope you're feeling ok and that your 'all-day sickness' gets better soon. I bet it was amazing to hear that little heart beat. How magical. I'm sure your FS will sort out another scan and you can have your mind put to rest. That sucks about the rh negative injections. I thought it was just one injection and that was sorted. How little i know. At least they have the technology and the ability to treat it. Good news about your DH and his job. Anything that gives you the ability to take time off if you need it is a positive. Rest up and try to relax. A good afternoon nanna nap always hits the spot for me. I have been asleep on the lounge quite often lately when my DH gets home from work. Lol you deserve it though so nap away

Nic - oh, i know what you mean about AF after crinone. Its awful. I went and bought some night/maternity pads that were the most hideous things i've ever seen. they worked though. I realised half way through a yoga class that I probably looked like I was wearing a nappy. I was at the front of the class with about 15 people behind me doing the happy cat pose with tights on. How embarrassing! Lol oh well, thats life. I just read your signature and you seem to be on a similar time frame to me. I did a full stimulated cycle start of July as our first cycle and now i'm hoping to start a FET cycle straight away. Good luck with your next FS appointment whenever you get in to see him.

AFM - My DH got stabbed in the eye with sugar cane of all things at work on wednesday last week. So he's been lying on the lounge since then and at the doctors for treatment every day. I started my BT's thursday morning so we go to QML first thing, then off to the GP for him and then hang around home all day. Very boring and if he doesn't go back to work soon i'm going to kill him. I wonder if could still have an embryo transfer quickly before they found out??? lol only kidding. But i really do need him out of my hair. He's bored and annoying and driving me crazy. I had BT's thursday and friday and there was no sign of an imminent LH surge so my FS gave me a break over the weekend. Had one this morning and just heard from my Nurse. Another one tomorrow but it seems as though there is some sort of change in my hormones so hopefully i'll ovulate in the next day of 2. Calli - I do have 2 frosties. For me to have a FET i need to ovulate so they are tracking my ovulation and they'll transfer the embryo 6 days from my LH surge. As its only my first AF and cycle after stimulation he didn't know if I would ovulate or not. But looking good so far so fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a great week. Stay relaxed and I look forward to hearing some good news from you all soon.

xoxo Beck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls... hope everyone is doing ok

Becks can I ask where you do yoga??? I used to do Bikram but it's a little intense so was thinking of starting a more gentle kind.

AFM - got my AF today (and painful doesn't describe it) - it's only been 48 days Now I have to decide whether to start again. Been teary all morning - why does it have to be such a hard decision! I was hoping my body would be feeling 'better' by now, but my weight is fluctuating all over the place, I keep getting sick and I'm SOOOOO tired I feel I could fall asleep at any moment of the day (this is even with getting 8hrs + sleep a night). I'm just so drained. The thought of what is next terrifies me too... It's a FET cycle this time, some oestrogen tablet to start with, then a scan, then progesterone. I'm just concerned that because my cycle was so long this time my body is all out of whack, and also, that this wont' work and I won't be strong enough to deal with it again so soon....

On a positive note I to have begun reading 50 Shades of Grey - it is definitely not what I expected but I can't put it down!!!

PS: Sorry this isn't a long post I'm at work and not feeling very good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Hope everyone is doing ok and thanks again for all the help and advice with changing clinics earlier. I have changed to Dr Ong, saw him last Wednesday and DH and I feel good about this decision. I have to have another hystercopy which is a bit unfortunate as I had once last december (lap too) but nevermind.

Kate: Horray - AF has finally arrived. Hope you start to feel better soon and ready for FET. At least you dont have to deal with the aweful injections on this one. I have also read all 3 50 shades of grey, everyone from work was reading them so got on the band wagon, bit of an addictive read.

Kristen: It was really great of you to give so much info on Dr Ong - it was greatly appreciated. I hope all is going well for you. You must be coming up to your 20 week scan sometime soon - will you find out the sex?

TK: Thanks for your inspiration story - I cant imagine having the strength for 7 cycles - thats really amazing for your friends. I see Lynne Li too and just love her - although your right, the tea is disgusting.

Calli: Am so glad to hear all went well at your scan. Hope your morning sickness isnt too bad. Did you know you were rh negative? I hadnt heard of this - cant believe it means more injections. I will be praying for no more spotting for you. Hope you get to take some time off work

Jen: Thank you also sooooooo much for the Dr Ong info - it was really helpful. I hope you are doing better - your last post almost made me cry, hang in there. I really truthfully believe it is going to happen for all of us, its just a matter of when. Might run into you sometime at Dr Ongs?

Beck: Has your frozen embryo transfer gone ahead? Good luck if you are in the 2ww crazy period

Nic: Hope Dr Ong had some ideas for your next cycle?

AFM: Well made the change, likely starting a fresh cycle next month unless my blood test or hystercopy shows otherwise. Had an AMH level done for the first time the other day, dont know the resuts you but really hope it isnt low as cant take more bad news on the fertility front.

Is the coffee date potentially happening? I am free tomorrow up to about 3:00? I am guessing it probably isnt happening but will check on here tomorrow morning just in case. Another time if not.

Hope you all have a good week x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Hope everyone is well?

Jen: How are you holding up? Really hope to see you back here soon. Sending you loads of positive vibes.

Beck: How did your appointment go? Are you on your 2WW? I just finished Book 3 of Shades of Grey...what am I going to do without Mr Grey! LOL Hope to hear from you soon.

Sandy: I'm pleased to hear your appointment with Dr Ong met all your expectations. Having faith in your FS is half the battle. I have found him to be very thorough and informative as well as a lovely respectful man. Good luck with your test results...hopefully we will both be starting a cycle next month

T&K: How are you girls? Can't be long til you start your next cycle? Will you be going in September too?

Calli: How are you feeling? Hoping morning sickness settles down soon and you can start to enjoy your pregnancy.

Kate: How are you? I felt for you when I read your post. I thought it was just me...but I can relate to tired...not sleeping at night but wanting to nap at lunch time! and weight gain...bleh! What did you decide to do in the end?

AFM: I had my review with Dr Ong on Thursday. I was pleased with how it went. He is changing quite a few things like starting me on DHEA this week, increasing Gonal F dosage, and ICSI this time round plus a few other things. Fingers crossed I produce a few more eggs this time and maybe even get enough to freeze one.

Have a good week everyone. Take care.
    Nic
    x