Closed Thread
Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TK - I am so sorry to hear this. Take time out to grieve and we are here for you. Thinking of you both in this tough time xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Thanks for your messages and thoughts. We are doing ok, its just really hard. We have been tossing up whether to take a little break or not. Its just so draining. We'll just wait and see how the next few weeks go I guess.

Calli - we hope you are going ok with your 2WW and that your work is not too stressful this week. Just remember that you and your embryo are more important than anything at work and put yourself first. Hope you have a nice quiet weekend coming up.

Jen - how are you going on your jabs? I can't remember if you said what date egg pick up was??? Hope your mum arrived safe and you girls are having good times together.

Kristin - when is your 12 week scan? It must be soon. Let us know how you go. Will be so special to see your little one on the screen. I reckon I will just cry when we get to that stage.

Kate - how u r going love? Have you thought about how long you will wait before trying again? Its hard to know isn't it - part of you wants to just get right back on the bus and try again and the other party is exhausted and emotional about it...

We're trying to get an appointment with our FS to talk through what might be going wrong. Maybe after we talk things through we'll have a clearer idea of when we will start again.

We are up for a coffee maybe in another couple of weeks.

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Unfortunately our internet was down and I didn't want to log on at work (just in case they monitor what sites we use) so I couldn't log on. I have been getting updates on my i-phone but can't seem to work out how to respond through my phone. Perhaps is anyone knows, when we meet next time for coffee someone can show me.

TK - I am sooooo sorry . I kept reading the updates and just wanted to give you both hugs. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I am so sad for you both. I know everyone says it but make sure you take some time for yourselves and to grieve. It is a huge loss and you need to make sure you look after yourselves. We are all here for you when you are ready (especially for a coffee date).

Jen - I hope you are going well with your injections. What is the next step?

Kate - How is your puppy feeling? Hopefully much better. Any thoughts on when you will begin another cycle?

Kristin - Hope all is going well.

Becks - Hope you are feeling ok. When is your EPU scheduled for? How are you feeling?

AFM - Well we have BT next Tuesday so am just trying to keep positive and busy (but not too busy). Am thoroughly looking forward to the weekend as work is so hectic at the moment. I really wish I could have taken this week off cause I feel it would have been a little less stressful. I have to be careful though as I had a lot of time off last year when my husband had heart surgery. After he had recovered enough, I then had my ankle surgery and then after I had recovered enough, he had shoulder surgery. So my work has been amazing with all the time I had to have off (or allowing me to work from home) and I just don't want to push the friendship. Especially with the current market (not to mention that I really do enjoy my work). Anyway, it is safe to say that I am looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone else is well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

TK - I'm so very sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope you can get in to see your FS really soon and get some information & hopefully some clarity along with that. Our thoughts are with you & I think you're so strong getting on here & discussing it all, let alone commenting on everyone else's progress & remembering where everyone's at. You're amazing!

Calli - I hope work isn't too stressful for you. It sounds like you've had a crazy couple of years. It's hard to juggle time off vs having the money & keeping your job. Enjoy your weekend & relax!

AFM - I think I'm starting to work out all the abbreviations on the forum. Lol some make sense immediately and others take me a little longer to suss out. Egg pick up was yesterday morning. I've had a fair bit of abdo pain but woke up this morning much better. Just very dizzy. They got 9 good eggs which were thrilled with.
    Ive discovered my DH is much more interested & emotionally involved than I thought. I know that sounds odd because I'm sure he's emotional about it but had never really let on. But there were tears & relief yesterday after my EPU & he showed me a site he's googled that he's read and now professes an understanding of IVF! What a cutie. I've booked next weekend away for a surprise for him. Just at salt in kingscliff but it was a cheap deal & our transfer will be this Monday so it'll be nice to get away & do nothing all weekend.

Just had a call from the scientist & we have 7 fertilised embies! Yay! Fingers crossed they keep behaving themselves. I'm actually surprised at how attached to them I am already. I'm trying not to be but I can't help it.

Enjoy your day Everyone & I'll chat soon. Beck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Beck it's funny how our partners behave going through this. Mine to begin with felt quite removed from the whole process so wanted to make himself involved (giving me injections etc). He'll also never come outright and say how he is feeling, but since we've had the miscarriage and we found out at our 7 week scan, he can't view images of pregnancy scans - he finds it too confronting. He won't tell you that though - he'll just walk away!! My DH also read from cover to cover the booklet the clinic gave us - I just read the important bits!!! A w/end away sounds LOVELY - I'm actually looking at wotif now haha!

Calli I know what you mean re: taking too much time off work. I had my performance review this morning and seriously is was pretty much the same as my half year one because I've been off for so much of the year! They are amazing with support/time off/working from home though. I just end up crying when I talk about it all though!!! Not very professional but who cares!

AFM - I'm really in two minds about when to do another cycle (will be a FET this time). After the miscarriage I put on 4kgs in a week. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but my body just went haywire. I actually lost weight while I was pregnant, probably cause I felt so nauseous but then boom - everything went crazy! I might sound a bit superficial but my weight is a big issue to me (I'm not a gym junkie or skinny by any means) but I like to take care of myself and when my body doesn't feel fit and strong and healthy I feel yuck, which I'm feeling now. I'm getting back into my training though which is helping, but I don't feel confident in myself enough to start again yet. I'm pretty sure I'll get my period at the end of the month so I'm planning a little bit. Now-end of Oct is also our busy season at work and it sounds silly when I say it aloud but I'm mindful of doing it during busy season as I'm out at clients etc. I wish I could just fall pregnant naturally and didn't have to plan for it!!! I also really don't want our baby to be born in Jun/Jul and everyone else in the family seems to be born then - again another stupid reason. Maybe I'm just procrastinating because I don't want to go through all the rubbish for it to not work - at least by not doing it at all I won't be disappointed??

At least my doggie is feeling better! We've had to give him zantex (a sedation medication) as he's home by himself now and was getting really anxious! I think I need some myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

T & K – Thanks for asking after me, you’re very special to be thinking of us all with what you and Kate are going through. How is Kate feeling physically? I hope you are both doing ok and being kind to yourselves, am thinking of you, and look forward to seeing you both again when you feel up to it.

Calli – I can’t believe your test is on Tuesday, that seems to have gone by quickly, and by the sound of how busy you have been I hope it has gone by quickly for you. Do you think you will POAS or wait it out til Tuesday? Oh geez you’ve had a rough couple of years, am glad that you have been getting support and time off from work, but just remember that you still need to put yourself first, so if you do really need time off be sure to take it. Roll on the weekend, and Tuesday, keeping everything crossed for you both!

Kristin – Hope you are keeping well, and lots of luck for your scan it must be soon.

Beck – Congrats on 7 eggs fertilised what great news, you guys must be over the moon!! That is so cute about your DH doing his research, it’s got to be tough on the partners to have to see us go through all the parts and not be able to do much. My DH also joins in with doing the jabs which I love sharing with him, and we talk about the whole process and emotions a lot. Awww that’s lovely that you’ve booked a break away for the two of you and perfect timing to be all rested up for Monday. Hope you have a lovely time away, and lots of luck for Monday!

Kate – It’s really hard to decide when to start again, and I think there is no ‘right’ time. After we miscarried I just wanted to go again straight away, so I started the next month and did 2 back to back frozen cycles. I can say now that I was not ready for them emotionally at all, however doing the cycles really helped me come to terms with the miscarriage. You need to just see how you both feel, and try again when you think you are ready, it’s really tough. I completely understand what you mean about the timing issues you have, and how conceiving naturally would take them away, but I guess you need to think about the here and now, the rest will just fall into place. Oh and I think you should do a weekend away, sounds just like what the doctor ordered.

AFM – I have my first scan tomorrow to see what is happening in there, and hopefully get a rough idea as to when EPU will be here. Am hoping I can avoid Wednesday next week as that is the day my Mum arrives, and I want to be the one to pick her up from the hospital. Am hoping that my Mum is my lucky charm, as she was here for when we started our first cycle and found out when she got home that we were pregnant, fingers crossed. Geeez I can’t believe that was almost a year ago.... that scares me!
    On a different note today I got a bill in the post for my cancelled cycle, of which I had one appt with my doctor which included a scan and no blood, I don’t know why but it didn’t even cross my mind that we would have anything to pay, but we do.... ahhhh well I guess that’s how it is!!

Hope everyones days go by quickly tomorrow, and you all have a great weekend!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

TK - How are you both doing? I have been thinking of you all week and sending you strength. Have you spoken with your FS yet? Hopefully he will have some answers for you.

Jen - How was your scan today? Did you find out when EPU might be? Your FS works sooooo fast. Who are you seeing again? I am just floored as to how fast he moves you through each stage. Great news though if you have EPU next week .

Kate - I understand what you are saying when you want to try and fit it in with what you are doing. We were the same. I wanted to get married. Then I wanted to get my degree completed and a couple of years experience under my belt. Now I am concerned that we waited too long and I am going to be too old before I have a baby. I have often wished for an unplanned pregnancy cause then it is all taken out of your hands. You have no choice and you just have to run with it. Perhaps just see how you feel. You may be right when you say you are trying to avoid making the decision cause it hurts too much when it doesn't work out the way we all wish it would. You will know when is right for you. Take as long as you need until it feels right again. Wow, 4kg's is a lot of weight to put on in such a short time. I understand what you mean about the weight factor though. All the hormonal changes that your body goes through just makes it hard to not put weight on. Not to mention the no limited exercise too. I am not superficial either but I like to take pride in myself and the way I look. I generally work out a few times a week but since we started this journey, I have had to give it up until we are in the in between phase. I am sure you will lose it soon.

Beck – It took me a little while to work out the abbreviations too. In fact there is a page on here that has all of them so you can learn if you like. Can’t remember what the page is but it is on BH somewhere – perhaps just search it, unless anyone else knows. Wow, you have already had EPU. That is great news. Onto the exciting phase. And wow, 9 and 7 fertilised. That is a great result for your first cycle. Well done. Our DH’s surprise us all the time with how much they are involved. I am afraid I have accused my DH a number of times of not being interested enough but then he surprises me and reminds me of a FS appointment or something else. Aw, Salt is amazing. We are off there on the weekend of the 4th August for my nieces wedding which is going to be lovely. We are staying at Peppers for a long weekend which we are both thoroughly looking forward to. Hope you have a lovely time relaxing and preparing for ET on Monday.

AFM - I have had a little scare today. I have had some little cramps this morning and was feeling a little bloated. When I went to the toilet at lunch, I thought I saw a little blood (if it was it was a tiny amount). Since then though I have had nothing. Just feeling a little bloated. I really, really hope this is not the start of my AF. This is quite similar to what happened last time though... and at aroung the same time. I am now feeling really flat. I really feel like this is the time for us, so am not giving up on this little embryo. Although I think it is too late for it to be spotting from the little embryo snuggling in... Nothing to do but wait I guess. It is doing my head in though . I have a busy weekend planned but think I may just take it easy. I have taken an extra dose of progesterone just in case it will help. Sorry for being a bit of a downer for the start of the weekend but I don't have anyone else to speak with - none of my support friends were at work today so have felt really alone. Hopefully it is nothing and I am overreacting... xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday evening. Just wondering if anyone had significant dizzyness after EPU or on crinone? I'm really dizzy. So much so, I won't drive & had to finish the groceries early today & head home for a nap. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Calli, sorry I just noticed your post. I hope you're ok now & not panicking too much. Fingers crossed its just because you're hyper aware. Before we knew we needed ART I was so engrossed in it all I could feel ovulation & noticed the slightest niggle. I'm sure women who conceive naturally have little pains & don't even feel them. It's on your mind all the time so you noticed every little feeling.
    Rest up & enjoy your weekend. I'm sure this is your time & your little embryo is nuzzling in there getting nice & comfy. My fingers are crossed for you. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Beck,

How are you feeling now???

After my EPU I felt ok but the crinone really knocked me around. It can make you feel pretty nauseous and it was horrible for me. My blood pressure is on the low side too so I think the crinone, compared with everything else our bodies go through it's normal to feel a little off. Obviously if it continues or gets really bad I'd see you Dr.

Thanks for all the comments too girls - today I'm feeling more positive about things.. I smashed out a 4km run this morning (first time in a long time & the boobs didn't hurt either - yay), and my DH is taking me to the AFL (Go the Lions!!!). I think I'm going to go get my scripts filled so when I do get my AF and I'm ready I can start straight away.

x