Closed Thread
Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EternallyHopeful, welcome I know how you feel about never fitting in any 'groups' we were six years for #1 and by the end of it everyone had graduated except me - miserable stuff, 10+ years must be so hard.

Kitty - so glad EPU went well. 15 from 17 is awesome, I'm keeping everything crossed for an awesome fert rate for you

Teags - yay for a nice weekend away but boo for having to work today

AFM - countdown to seeing Dr Ong is on the way - it's totally ridiculous but I'm going for a wax tomorrow so I 'look my best' like it makes such a difference

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome Kalliope I look forward to getting to know you ladies. Do you meet up at all?

I'm just on my phone so will do more of an intro when I'm on the puter next, but I had to LOL about your waxing- I'm a beauty therapist so I always do my own (and I like 'most' of it gone lol), but sometimes I get a bit overdue....then when I do it DH says 'you must be going to see the Dr are you?!' LOL! I always make sure I'm 'clear' down there, not that he'd care!!

I haven't read this whole thread (sorry, just don't have time!!) but when is your appt with Kee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EternallyHopeful – Welcome to the thread! You are more than welcome to join us and hang in here. Its nice to have a local group to chat with and I can’t believe you are seeing Dr O as well. He is just wonderful isn’t he. He is my second FS and I am so annoyed I didn’t see Dr O first. We haven’t had a meet up yet but we have chatted about getting one happening. Where abouts in Northern NSW are you? I’m on the southern end of the GC.

Kalliope – I hear you there! I am totally the same, even make sure I have my toenails painted and legs shaved too. Eeeekk loser I know! Has CFC sent your file over to Monash? Good luck with your appointment. Is DH going with you? Is your appointment on Thursday? Can’t wait to hear what he says. Good luck!

Kitty – how are you feeling hunni? Have the embryologist called with a fert rate yet? I know you are going to get some good fert numbers with all those lovely mature eggs.

AFM – I’m 6DPO today and am planning on testing on Sunday. Which makes me about 11DPO so hopefully that won’t be too early to get a result. I went and brought a 3 pack of FR HPT’s last night so I’m ready. Isn’t it insane as soon as you buy a packet of HPT you just want to go an use them all straight away. I was so tempted to do one last night even though I knew it was way too early. I have hidden them away…. Bet I will find them again tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Teags thanks for the welcome too Yes funny that there's a few seeing him! I've not had success yet but I think I'm in love with him Totally hear you on the HPT thing- every time I always tell myself I'll wait till the morning of BT but I never can, I cave about 11/12DPO Good luck! Oh, I live on the Tweed Coast

Kitty well done on the egg haul! have you had any fert news yet?

Ok I'll have to wait to see who else 'lives' here cause my reply page doesn't scroll back any further

So a little about me.....(I'll do the condensed version!!)

*Married to DH for 11 years
    *Massage and beauty therapist, work from home
    *Long TTC 'journey' which has includes the following;
    -been with DH for 14 years and never really prevented
    -super irregular cycles, a lot annovulatory
    -Lots and lots and lots of alternative/natural therapies (and continuing)
    -Lots and lots and lots of clomid
    -several chems
    - 1 ectopic, lost right fallopian tube (7.5 wks)
    - 2 laps (well 3 including the ectopic), latest with Kee last year where he found and removed a uterine septum and excised some quite moderate endo
    -3 IVF stims, currently on 4th
    -5 FETs, one failed cause my frotsies didn't thaw
    - 2 FS's (same clinic)
    - Partly completed adoption process before moving onto foster care
    -Blessed with our FD when she was 4 days old (now 2) and even MORE blessed when she went permanent care (not without MORE stress than IVF- who would think that possible lol) There's always the risk of the 'parents' going to court to have her restored, but as time goes on it is less likely.
    -1 TTC 'break' (as in no IVF, but in the 'break' had a chem and ectopic lol),

So I've been with Kee for about a year i guess, I'm very lucky in that one of the Monash nurses is a good friend of mine and when I had the ectopic she 'consulted' with Kee about me and he offered some advice just by looking at my file there (was with Dr Korman before who I also loved). So when we were ready to go back for another onslaught, my friend suggested seeing Kee as he is very pro-active and would like the 'challenge' of us lol....

But I gave up long ago resting all my hopes and dreams on anyone or anything.......

So I started my Gonal F today and Kee is doing some other things this cycle so we'll see
    Last edited by EternallyHopeful; 03-06-2011 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EH – We are practically neighbours I’m in Palm Beach. I’ve always mixed it up each cycle with HPT’s because personally I think they are the devil! I had false positives on my first stim cycle which then turned into negatives so since then I have avoided them like the plague, but since we are doing a natural cycle this time, I haven’t got an option but to do one (or three, four, ten…) Wow you have been on quite a TTC journey! I really hope that Dr O can work his magic for you this cycle. What new things are you trying this cycle? I have just changed to Dr O and he did a lap/hysteroscopy/cervical dilation before doing a stim which will be in June if things don’t pan out with this natural cycle. I am taking Melatonin and will be doing an antagonistic but with higher dosages then at my last clinic. Sounds like you guys went though a major fight to get your DFD, I’m glad it all worked out in the end for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls! I am so excited that our thread is busy!

Welcome Eternallyhopeful - you are inspiring me already! I am so interested in fostering, so I will have to pick your brains about it! I would love to do it one day (regardless of the outcome of IVF) but am just not sure about when best to do it, because obviously my first concern is not putting my DD in a situation that's not beneficial for her, but I would love to do it one day. Did you need to be at home to look after your DD, or will DOCS let you work/do daycare while fostering?? So many questions! You are lucky to have a friend at Monash - at least you know you will be getting the VIP treatment!

Teags - you poor thing doing the TWW. I guess at least you have a plan for next month if it is negative, but still I really really really hope this is the cycle for you guys! I personally HATE pregnancy tests! They bring me nothing but grief. I did one for the first time in ages last IVF cycle, just because I didn't want a nurse telling me the bad news. I did it just before my blood test, so I think I will do that again this cycle.

Kalliope - the waxing thing gave me the giggles! I was in a spin earlier in the week because I couldn't time my wax before EPU (too much on over the weekend), and spent way too much time worrying about everyone sitting around the operating theatre looking at my unwaxed bits

We really should catch up one day girls! It would be lovely to have an IVF gossip in person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh.....me!! Anyone interested in me???

11 of our 15 are fertilising I would be happy with one to transfer and a couple of frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    mandse
    Kalliope
    Aunty

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Kitty - ET 4 June

TWW
    Teags - natural cycle

UTD

Proud Mummies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty – Whoooo hooooo 11 out of 15 is amazing! I hope they keep growing strong Dr O must be so happy with this result for you! Bring on Saturday! We will be in the TWW together. Although I am planning on testing from Sunday until I have a positive or get AF – whichever comes first. I hate HPT’s as well but in this case I will have to do them. I am always undecided about doing them in an IVF cycle, last time I wished I did because I was so sure it was going to be positive and then the nurse called me at 4pm (I had my BT at 6am!) and it was a nurse that isn’t very nice to and told me it was negative and I started bawling and she was like “what did you think it was going to be positive!” Ummm obviously! She was a b*tch.

I think a catch up would be a fabulous idea.

Kalliope – If your appointment with Dr O tomorrow?

Hi everyone else – Can you believe it’s the 1st of June today! Oh my god. Where is this year going! We have such a busy end of the year. I’m kind of dreading it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold Coast Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    mandse
    Kalliope
    Aunty

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Kitty - ET 4 June
    EternallyHopefull - Jabbing Gonal F

TWW
    Teags - natural cycle - HPT 5 June

UTD

Proud Mummies

Oh I forgot to add - I had some twinges/pains late yesterday afternoon for implantation pains... it would be about the right timing.

EternallyHopeful - I added you to our rollcall to hunni, hope I got it right....