+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nietzsche View Post
    What is the go with the middle row and baby seats? Because some of them look like you need to fold down a seat in the middle row to get to the back row which would be a nightmare if you had a baby seat bolted onto it. OR would you have to put the baby seats in the back row?
    We've just been through this... We chose the Territory because it was one of the only cars we could find that had anchor points in the second and third row (three across the second, two in the third). To access the third row you need to drop the far left seat in the second row, but you can fit two baby seats in the remaining seats and still drop it.

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm looking for an upgrade myself. I'd stay away from Kia Carnivals. If you look on carsales a lot of them need new motors or are on for 'quick sale' privately probably for similar reasons. The engines usually conk out quite early.
    If you do find a car you like, do a search on reviews. There are some pro's and con's on all of them but if you see more cons than pro's and specific re-occurring problems then maybe avoid those.

I think the biggest issue might be the anchors for you. I'll only need 2 but 4 is a stretch. Good luck. And if you find a great car please share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nietzsche View Post
    i was about to ask about the delica rhoda... Coming across it a bit on carsales and looks good
    Sorry to hear about the accident!! Thank goodness everyone was ok!!

Check how much your insurance will be before getting to keen on purchasing one- they are an imported vehicle so alot of the insurance companies weren't insuring them, or insuring them for huge prices. Not sure if it has changed in the last year or so.,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I checked out a lot of people movers and a lot of people don't know about the mitsubishi grandis, love it because the boot space is decent with the back seats up, it's comfortable enough for adults in the back (you'll find the territory, holden captiva etc are very small for adults i think a 12 year old would be the max age you could fit in there). They are pretty fuel efficient better than the Mazda CX7 and CX9 models (apparantly they are very fuel hungry). It was an awesome car to drive, didn't feel any bigger than my holden stationwagon, and it was reasonably priced, check them out i reckon

Oh also, for new cars they have a very cheap Kia Rondo people mover, you'd have to take a look to see if it suits you, but the price is good, i'm a bit hesitant to buy a Kia but apparantly the newer models are much better than the older ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my Toyota Tarago. It even has extra space underneath the floor in the boot. I love sliding doors now, as they give you much better access to car seats. I fit my pram in the boot, with plenty of room to spare for groceries etc. Good luck finding a new car, and I hope DH gets over the shock of the accident soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we could we would have a delica. Amazing to drive and just sheer luxury! Haha only reason we didn't buy was the insurance was a lot.. But at the time I was under 25 so maybe it would be better now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrs n and others, I realize this thread is a year old but just wondering what car you chose mrs n? We are going through all this again with a hail damaged Kia potentially to be written off, and am against totally confused lol.
    With thanks