+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly it is a nightmare. As you all prob know, dh and I are separated, he needs his car for work but he will prob stay here so we can share the car or we will somehow figure out a way to share it. Thank god I just got a pram for all 3 small children so I can walk to shops etc.

But of course it's pouring rain.

AND my internet is down due to an unknown line error so god knows how long til telstra fix it so makes it hard to research cars etc. I've borrowed a usb modem for now though.

On the bright side I *did *need a bigger car

I'm trawling through carsales now brusselsprout.

I am really not up with the larger cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What is the go with the middle row and baby seats? Because some of them look like you need to fold down a seat in the middle row to get to the back row which would be a nightmare if you had a baby seat bolted onto it. OR would you have to put the baby seats in the back row?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nietzsche View Post
    Honestly it is a nightmare. As you all prob know, dh and I are separated, he needs his car for work but he will prob stay here so we can share the car or we will somehow figure out a way to share it. Thank god I just got a pram for all 3 small children so I can walk to shops etc.

But of course it's pouring rain.

AND my internet is down due to an unknown line error so god knows how long til telstra fix it so makes it hard to research cars etc. I've borrowed a usb modem for now though.

On the bright side I *did *need a bigger car

I'm trawling through carsales now brusselsprout.

I am really not up with the larger cars.
    Oh you poor love (((()))).
    Hopefully this all gets sorted quickly. Thank goodness everyone is ok.
    Make sure you do an advanced search on carsales so you can narrow it down to a 7 seater etc.
    Good Luck!

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Do an advanced search on carsales. You can really narrow it down.
    That's exactly what we did. Put in your price range, put 7 seat minimum. You cna even put a minimum year model and a limit on k's. (Watch the number of cars drop from 1000000000 to about 5.

Our Trajet Mrs N has an aisle so you can just walk through and access all the seats. That's one of the things I liked about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks four cubs.

I can hear dh talking to the babies downstairs saying 'god was going to take you away but no way, not my babies.. daddy's going to be the best daddy now' etc etc he is really shaken up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another car that's really good are the delicas. My SIL just got one. They are big have either 7 or 8 seats, come in either petrol or diesel, and are like a van so has sliding door on side and under $20000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoda View Post
    Another car that's really good are the delicas. My SIL just got one. They are big have either 7 or 8 seats, come in either petrol or diesel, and are like a van so has sliding door on side and under $20000
    i was about to ask about the delica rhoda... Coming across it a bit on carsales and looks good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd look for a Tarago. They dirve well, suit your needs, and they are really reliable unlike some people movers (namely, Kia Carnival).

We got a second hand 2008 model (60k's on the clock) for $32k, but i', sure you'd find a slightly older/more used one for a lot cheaper

Also check out Honda Odyssey, I wasn't too keen personally, but only for cosmetic reasons (not too fussed on the body or where the anchor straps were placed), but Honda's are pretty good!
    Last edited by Lillynix; 19-03-2011 at 18:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are really good she swears by them I had a drive of hers as we were looking at getting a new car and its so easy to drive really light if that makes sense!!!!
    And there is even enough room behind the 3rd row of seat to fit a pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm well i definitely need room for a pram. Can anyone recommend the 7-8 seater with biggest boot space?