+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to www.playgroupnsw.org.au. They will be listed there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would say a play group would be best.

the main difference is, a playgroup has one hall or similar place to meet every week. you pay a small fee and usually you take it in turns to run an activity. (i had to go to 4 different groups till i found one that i felt like i could fit in. so it is worth sticking to it.)

i love my mothers group. they are usually set up for the mums more than the bubs through the early child hood nurses. they help to support that early stage. you usually meet at different places and the members homes. i think i got lucky with my group. we started out with our bubs at 7 weeks old and there were 12 of us. now there are only 4 of us that meet regularly and i love them and could not do without them! ''

all the best with finding some great mummy friends

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flicker For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (18-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi im a single mum , based in southernriver wa , with a 16 month boy ,im trying to locate a mothers group , any help in my search i am greatfull

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a look on playgroup nsw website for you and it says they are starting a new playgroup in Tamworth:
    NEW TAMWORTH PLAYGROUP

Now taking expressions of interest for a new group to start in Tamworth. Please email lsanders@playgroupnsw.com.au for enquiries
    Venue TBA
    TAMWORTH NSW 2340

Which would be ideal for you because everyone would be new there together. by all means join a mothers group, too, for support for you, but the focus of them are the new babies and other mothers might not have older kids too so your DS might get a little bored?