+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    AND how come discharge time is 11 am then? How does their time system work there? I have a midwife appt next friday ill try to remember to ask

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chookylaa View Post
    AND how come discharge time is 11 am then? How does their time system work there? I have a midwife appt next friday ill try to remember to ask

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Discharge time is 11 am because you let them know that you want to leave and they start the paperwork that time. If you don't let them know, then they will not include you in the day's discharge..

I have told them that I was to discharge that day but after they finished everything, we only left the hospital at 6 pm.. It depends on how busy they are..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 48 hours you stay includes labour, or do you get two nights in after bub is born? I will not be taking early discharge, as standing my ground if they ask me to leave.
    I stayed in the hospital for a total of 5 days I think.
    2 days before and 3 days after. No one asked me to leave. :-)
    I was first time mom and they gave me very good care with bfing and all.

But you do get asked each morning if you want to be discharged because they need to start the paperwork if you do.
    Some people like to go home straight away, some don't.
    I suppose you just tell them what you think when they ask you.

It is a hospital, not a hotel so, if you are well and all, you wouldn't want to hang around at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found my baby books from my two I had at the hospital today. And in both I've written "couldn't leave hospital til I'd done #1 and #2." So basically as soon as my bowels were working I was preparing to leave.

I can't remember for the life of me if they asked this or if it was something I was told but thought I'd add it in for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post

It is a hospital, not a hotel so, if you are well and all, you wouldn't want to hang around at the hospital.
    I know this. But have no experience with babies at all and got worried when the midwife was talking about the early discharge 6 hours after birth!! It sounds like you get two nights but they try to get you out early if you're ready to go, which I don't think I will be.

I'm glad most of you have had positive experiences! It makes me feel much less anxious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2012 For This Useful Post:

chookylaa  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    I know this. But have no experience with babies at all and got worried when the midwife was talking about the early discharge 6 hours after birth!! It sounds like you get two nights but they try to get you out early if you're ready to go, which I don't think I will be.

I'm glad most of you have had positive experiences! It makes me feel much less anxious.
    Oh yeah, I get that. Its not a hotel but birth is big, new baby can be scary, and well includes - I think - mentally and emotionally

But yeah after a night or two your own bed and own food start seeming pretty sweet. And for me the time in hospital didnt quite feel real. I dunno. Its like she truly "entered the world" when we left.

I recommend bringing your own pillow

Sent from my X10i using BubHub