+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool that's good to know about signing up for more classes on the day. Are you attending anymore classes? The breastfeeding and breathing both sound good. I'm willing to do as much as possible to get through this as easily as possible lol.

I'm glad to hear they advocate active births I'm sure they'll put my worries to ease once I go on Saturday. I can't wait... I'm so excited by all the new information I find out.

What is your EDD? Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl or is it a surprise? I'm May 18th with a boy (couldn't wait to find out lol). It's all moving so fast.. Can't believe I only have 6 weeks left of work!! And yes there is definitely a first for everything... there is sooo much we will learn 'on the job' as such that no one could really prepare us for!

Yep I go to a GP in Upper Coomera, I think it's called Upper Coomera Medical Centre and it's near the coles and St Stephens. My gp is nice and all, but yeah like I said I wouldn't know anything if I didn't find it out myself! And I never get measured he only ever feels my stomach which I thought was weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh! I used to go there, next to amcal... That medical centre sucks.. Unless if u get to c the female gp ( she's an ob) . Always fully booked so I hv never seen her myself..

I hv seen all the doctors there and dun think any of them are good at all..I didn't go back after week 20 for my antenatal... Those men there hv no idea about gynae or ob stuff and seem to dismiss any concerns I had.. I m .going to Brygon medical now..

U should get urine test, blood pressure, weight check, baby's heart beat and they measure your tummy to check for growth. Pressing at the pelvic area to see if baby's head down..

That gp at upper coomera told me he doesn't need to check my urine until later on when I was about week 18. I rather they check more, then to waste my time to go for antenatal, just to clock Medicare $ during each visit! So I switched..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, my edd is 22 April. 4 more weeks...my breathing class is only on 13 April. The classes r popular so earlier ones were fully booked by the time I went for antenatal.

Boy I am having!

I just bought a tens machine for pain relief.. They will tell u during the class but if u r interested, better get one now, given that ur edd is nearing.. U need to get it 3 weeks before edd in case bb comes early..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in upper Coomera and I had my Bub at john flynn at tugun, so almost to tweed. I went into labour at 5pm on a weekday and we were there in 35minutes. It wasn't that bad a drive, and it was something I had been concerned about but it was no problem really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygress View Post
    I live in upper Coomera and I had my Bub at john flynn at tugun, so almost to tweed. I went into labour at 5pm on a weekday and we were there in 35minutes. It wasn't that bad a drive, and it
    was something I had been concerned
    about but it was no problem really.
    Is John Flynn private??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am due in June and want to meet some mums due in 2011 on the gold coast. I have had 2 boys at the GCH but many years ago and they were really good. Unfortunately I have had one appt so far this time but did not like the ob at all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do not birth at tweed!

i would never have another baby at tweed hospital. my birth was horrible the after care was horrible and to establish breastfeeding was just a joke. nsw government really has to do something about the health system! more staff are desperatly needed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys I'm having#2 at gch at the start of june. I live at ormeau, decided on the coast as I did a tour of both and was going to be dying before i go to logan. I had my first at redlands and they were fabulous but couldn't accept me this time. Id be interested to hear your birth stories about the coast too because I've only found older threads. But have had friends who said gch was great.

I'm worried about the traffic and parking there but we'll have to see.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chookylaa,
    i had my first at Gold Coast and my second at Redlands. I liked the GC, but I loved Redlands. They also told me they won't be able to have me back again, but when the time comes I will fight for it.
    My only real problem with GC is that I had an interfering dr who made my birth experience bad and I ended up with a Caesar. I also had three hour waits for my antenatal appointments. Had to pay for parking that was a good ten minute walk from the hospital. Enjoyed antenatal classes though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My birth story at GC is in birth stories "successful VBAC of princess katelyn" (sorry can't link on my iPhone)

It was good, all the appointments were good, the wait sometimes really long but the play area for toddlers/small kids was good for my 3 year old, even after an hour and a half if he had a play mate he'd pout when we had to go.

The only negative feedback was the hospital wanted the MW to break my waters without a medical reason purely because they were out of beds. Sucks to be someone else transferred to tweed or Logan, but that's not my fault or responsibility when I got there first. I should never have been pressured to labour faster or have an unnecessary procedure - that does come with some risk - because the hospital was short of bed or staff.

Then again she was born at 1:28am. I got to the maternity ward at like 4-5am and at 7am they wanted to talk about discharging me at 9. Again - taking up a bed. Well SORRY I tore 3 ways, I'm not ready to go home yet.

I happily left first thing the next morning.